PDA

View Full Version : Invocation of Nehek questions

GenerationTerrorist
16-07-2009, 10:40
Hi guys.
I'm a pretty new to playing Vampire Counts and have two questions about the spell Invocation of Nehek....

In the text it says "choose a friendly unit or character...." but does this mean that the Vampire/Necromancer can choose to cast it upon himself? Or would that be considered cheesey/cheating?

Also, what happens if I cast Invocation of Nehek on a unit of troops, and by adding the new models to the unit, it takes their rear/side flank into contact with an enemy unit? I could see this problem emerging with Zombies because of the extra models that the spell potentially generates for units of these. Or does the 1" Rule from the spell Raise Dead also apply in this circumstance?

Thanks,
Al

Kalandros
16-07-2009, 10:51
The caster himself is a friendly character, so he is a valid target, nothing cheesy about self-healing.

You cannot summon in this manner where you would make contact with the enemy from adding models, you have to stay 1" away from enemies at all times, so if models would come closer to 1" (except when in combat already of course) then the models cannot be added. But this situation is highly unlikely as you would need to be completely walled in by the enemy.

Lordmonkey
16-07-2009, 10:52
In the text it says "choose a friendly unit or character...." but does this mean that the Vampire/Necromancer can choose to cast it upon himself? Or would that be considered cheesey/cheating?

This is perfectly valid and recommended - can't have your precious vampires dying :)

Also, what happens if I cast Invocation of Nehek on a unit of troops, and by adding the new models to the unit, it takes their rear/side flank into contact with an enemy unit? I could see this problem emerging with Zombies because of the extra models that the spell potentially generates for units of these. Or does the 1" Rule from the spell Raise Dead also apply in this circumstance?

You may not place models within 1" of an enemy unit. If the models cannot be placed as a result, they are lost.

Hope this helps :)

theunwantedbeing
16-07-2009, 10:58
He can cast it on himself.

I'll probably have people disagree with me here but I like to follow the 1" rule, so if the model can't fit without being moved to within 1" of an enemy unit, it can't be placed.

Being in combat it's only an issue if the model can't be placed without moving enemy unit's in contact with it. (eg, there's no space at the rear of the unit)

GenerationTerrorist
16-07-2009, 11:55
Thanks for the clarification guys,