PDA

View Full Version : What to get next part 2

Zanzibarthefirst
16-07-2009, 13:43
At the moment I have three armies and I'm unsure whether or not to continue building these armies or to start a new one so i'd like some suggestions. here is what I have for those armmies

Orks:
Warboss
Warphead
2 Big Meks SaG
10 Nobz
5 Biker Nobz
5 Lootas
5 Burnaz
40 odd boyz
16 Grotz with rundherds
1 Trukk
2 Battlewagons
3 Deffkoptas

Salamanders;
Lysander
Cassius
Captain
5 Assault Terminators
5 Sternguard
30 Tactical Marines
6 Sniper Scouts incl Telion
5 Devastators
1 Land Raider Redeemer
1 Siege Dread, 1 Multi-melta dread and 1 Ironclad

CSM
Varous assortment of HQ choices
6 Chosen
5 Possessed
7 Nurgle Termiantors
5 Terminators
30 Marines
16 Khorne Berzekers
9 THousand Sons
8 Khorne Raptors
3 Vindicators
2 Obliterators
Defilers

Is there anything either of these armies is missing or shoudl I start a new army? (I already know I need some more burnas/lootas and a new trukk)

LonelyPath
16-07-2009, 14:33
For the Orks I recommend some Kans, they're annoying things whenever I go up aganist them, lol. If you don't fancy spending out on the metal though, you can convert your own out of foam, plasticard and other odds and ends very cheaply. Same goes for Deff Dreds.

With the Sallies I would suggest some transport in the form of a couple of Razorback kits, just have them so they can be set up as Rhinos or Razorbacks and you can't go wrong. Bumping up the Sternguard and Devastators to squads of 10 might be a good thing to, giving them greater lasting power on the table. Basically, tanks, tanks, takns. Preds, Vinds, a Land Raider wouldn't go amiss either ;)

Zanzibarthefirst
16-07-2009, 14:52
I refuse to get Kans, i'm trying to avoid metal models.

Forgot to mention that I also have a land raider redeemer on order :)

Yautja
16-07-2009, 15:50
For the Orks I suggest more boyz and trukks.

For both marine armies get some transport vehicles.

Creeping Dementia
16-07-2009, 15:55
Boyz, boyz, and get some boyz too. Also get another box of lootas and some more boyz.

Then some Drop Pods

Then a few more Thousand sons and some Plague marines.

I think the Orks need the most work IMO.

SPYDER68
16-07-2009, 15:58
Don't buy boxes of boys :P.. Buy 20 boys from black reach for only $15 on ebay...

As for more models..

Do you have a 2000 pt list of each army that you enjoy using and think and is effective and regularly take ?

If so.. Do any new armies intrest you ?

If not.. Make a list for 2k and then decide if you need more or like it etc.

Hypaspist
16-07-2009, 16:20
You Don't have to buy Kans, they are easy enough to make!

Kinder Egg + Plastruct + Headphone Wire + Balsa Wood (+ optional Random GW Gun to use as base) = Kan.

They are also a lot of fun to build :D

EDIT: be sure to use superglue as so far my Mek's experimentations have shown that Kinder eggs are in some way impervious (ok, not impervious, but the bond is woeful) to PVA and poly cement.

Zanzibarthefirst
16-07-2009, 18:30
considering the AoBR Orks, are shootas not better? I've never really given my Orks much attention. I got the Spearhead then AoBR and bought some of the Battlewagons when they came out, oh I also have about 16grotz as well :D

AfroCelt
16-07-2009, 18:51
There's an age-old question asking whether shootas or sluggas are better...the whole arguement has been done. Shootaboys have more versatility but sluggaboys do the dedicated assault thing better. It all depends on how you play them and I'd HIGHLY recommend playtesting your boys before you attach the arms. I use about an even mixture of both, with trukks and battlewagon mobs getting a 90/10 in favor of sluggas. Most tourney people are in favor of shootas, but I believe they're overstating the ease of getting 30 shootaboys within 18 inches of a target on a regular basis.

And I only play SM and orks off your list, but you are definitely short on boys, trukks, and lootas. The SM seem to be missing rhinos/razorbacks, if mechanized is your thing.

Zanzibarthefirst
16-07-2009, 19:30
Problem with playtesting whether shootas or sluggas work best is you dont get a chance with the AoBR boxset

I'm not really keen on transports. Transporting them is a pain thats why I generally avoid vehicles