PDA

View Full Version : 10k per side Megabattle

Tupinamba
16-07-2009, 20:52
Hi, we played a 10k per side megabattle over here, with all miniatures and terrain painted.

It featured 6000 Empire, 2000 High Elves and 2000 Wood Elves against 4000 Warriors of Chaos, 2000 Vampire Counts, 2000 Orcs and 2000 Dark Elves.

We only managed to play till turn 4, but it was great fun and really impressive to see that amount of painted miniatures on a table! We played with legendary battles objectives and the good guys managed to win by taking/contesting objectives with their dragons (3...) in the last turn.

Here is the thread:
http://paulocamossa.sites.uol.com.br/WarhammerMegaBattleJun09.html

The comments are in portuguese, but the pictures should speak for themselves. I hope you enjoy it, cheers!

I'm the nerdish guy with glasses and red pullover and commanded the mighty Druchii.

Glorfindel
17-07-2009, 08:50
One hell of a crazy battlefield. Very nice and impressive!

selone
17-07-2009, 10:08
Some beautifully painted armies and ncie scenery there :)

Nuada
17-07-2009, 10:49
The amount of painted figures in some of those pictures is amazing. They look great! Love games this size, but it's difficult to do a bat rep on them because you're just concentrating on your own troops and whoever you face.

Nice work though. :D

Never seen anyone take Karl Franz on a dragon before.

KHolbourn
17-07-2009, 12:30
Beautiful scenery and painted armies.
Looks like it was a fun game indeed!

Malorian
17-07-2009, 12:34
(Malorian's thoughts shown in *...*)

Hi, we played a 10k per side megabattle over here...

*Ok cool, this should be interesting...*

... with all miniatures and terrain painted.

*Wow... finally a place where the word epic is not over used... wow...*

Good show and nice to see all those models painted. Too bad you couldn't finish the game though.

Tupinamba
17-07-2009, 15:16
Hi guys, thanks for the kudos!

The battle and its preparation (building the tables, deploy etc.) took basically a whole day and was quite tiresome, but it was definitely woth it!

And what Nuada said really applies. The battle actually got divided in two almost sepparate battles, with DE and Orcs versus HE and WE on the centre-left sector and Chaos + Vampires versus Empire on the centre-right. There was a little cooperation in the centre, but besides that, one hand didnīt really knew what the other was doing at the other side of the battlefield...

We had the idea of having a guy just to take notices and pictures to write a decent BR, but the guy didnīt show up in the end... so everyone with a camara took his own pictures and the "BR" was written out of peopleīs memories, which certainly isnīt the best way to go.

It was a good experience and weīve learned some things for the next one. The first is to not have so disproportionate armies. Instead of having one guy with 6000 points, another with 4000 and the other with 2000, the next time weīll go with everybody with 2500, maximum with 3000. This disparities really bogged the gameplay down and were greatly responsible for us not being able to finish the game. Another thing is to really have someone dedicated to the BR and also to start early...

Cheers!

SevenSins
17-07-2009, 16:30
very nice pictures, there is something about 20000 points of painted minis lining up. My portugese is limited (I can order beer and insult people) but enjoyable nontheless.

Nuada
17-07-2009, 19:20
The battle actually got divided in two almost sepparate battles, with DE and Orcs versus HE and WE on the centre-left sector and Chaos + Vampires versus Empire on the centre-right.

As an idea for next time, try to put your gaming table into a T-shape. Possibly have an objective in the middle. Or for a change you could have the good side defending the centre, with enemy armies attacking from all sides (maybe give the defenders more points? or let them place terrain?)

This will avoid lots of seperate battles. :)

ConfuciusCubed
20-07-2009, 08:01
This is an amazing battle. I'd love to be able to participate in something like this someday.

Tupinamba
21-07-2009, 14:31
Hi guys.

Yeah, the idea with the tables in T format is something Iīve seen in other larger battles too (like apocalipse and some historical games), but we had only two tables available and not very much space to put them in any fancy forms.

But itīs definitely an idea to be thought about for the next one. Although the sepparation of the battle into two almost divided sectors didnīt take away the feeling of being part of something really huge, it could have been even better if weīd been closer together. We had one or two of the objectives in the centre too, and I actually think that, had we played the full 6 turn instead of only 4, it would have been possible for the armies on the flanks to sweep to the centre and vice versa in the last turns.

Anyway, I certainly recommend it to try something like that for a chance of the classical tourney battles.

Unuhexium
22-07-2009, 15:54
*Wow... finally a place where the word epic is not over used... wow...*

Can only agree!

Really like the models-eye-view pics. The use of proper terrain and fully painted armies is totaly awesome.