PDA

View Full Version : New High elf list

shadowprince
05-01-2006, 07:02
Hi have been working in this with some friends, its a rewrite of the high elf book for fun, still have to type up the magic items, honors and characters, Preview is characters can be given regional titles, that effect army composition possibilites. Hope of the list was to try and make infantry a larger option and to trry and give the elf list more flavor, it is still in the game test stage

Core

Spear elf 10pts unit min 10+
M Ws Bs S T A I W Ld
5 4 4 3 3 1 5 1 8
Armor light armor shield
Weapons spear hand weapon

May drop spears at -2 pts per model
May ad heavy armor at 1pt per model
Upgrade 1 spearmen to champion at 12pts +1A
Add a standard bearer 12pts
Add a musician 6pts
Citizen Levy When using spears fight in one additional rank

Archer 12pts unit min 10+
M Ws Bs S T A I W Ld
5 4 4 3 3 1 5 1 8
Armor none
Weapons hand weapon long bow
Champion 12pts +1 Bs
Standard 12 points
Musician 6pts
Citizen Levy Fire in one additional rank when using longbows

0-1 Lothern Seaguard 15pts unit min 10+
M Ws BS S T A I W Ld
5 4 4 3 3 1 5 1 8
Armor light armor shield
Weapons spear, hand weapon bow
Champion 13 points +1A +1BS
Standard 12pts
Musician 12pts
Citizen Levy may fight in one additional ranks while using spears, and may fire in one additional rank while using bows.

Silver Helms 19pts unit min 5+
M Ws Bs S T A I W Ld
5 4 4 3 3 1 5 1 8 rider
9 3 0 3 3 1 3 1 6 steed
Armor heavy armor
Weapons Lance hand weapon
May take a shield or an extra hand weapon +2pts
May take barding for steed at +2pts
Champion 14pts +1A
Standard 14pts
Musician 7pts
Nobility if no silver spearmen or archers are present then only 2 units may be taken

First among equals 1 unit of silver hemls spearmen or lothern seaguard may have a magical banner worth up to 25 pts.

Special

Ellyrion Reavers 20pts unit min 5+
M Ws BS S T A I W Ld
5 4 4 3 3 1 5 1 8 rider
9 3 0 3 3 1 3 1 6 steed
Armor light armor, shield
Weapons spear hand weapon
May drop spears and be given a bow at 4 pts per model
May take a bow at 5 points per model
Champion 14pts +1A
Standard 14pts
Musician 7pts
Fast Calvary

Tironic Chariot 85pts
M Ws Bs S T A I W Ld
5 4 4 3 3 1 5 1 8 crew
9 3 0 3 3 1 3 1 6 steed
- - - 5 4 - - 4 - chariot
2 crew and 2 steeds
Armor save of 5+
May take scythed wheels at +5 pts
May take up to 2 additional horses at +7pts

Shadow warriors 15pts unit min 5+
M Ws Bs S T A I W Ld
5 4 4 3 3 1 5 1 8
Armor light armor
Weapons Longbow hand weapon
May take an additional hand weapon at +2 pts
May have a champion at +7 pts +1 Bs
Hate Dark Elf’s

0-1 Sword Masters 12pts unit min 10+
M Ws Bs S T A I W LD
5 6 4 3 3 1 5 1 8
Armor none
Weapons Great weapon, hand weapon.
Champion 12 pts +1 Attack may take a magic Item worht up to 15 points
Standard 12pts may take magical standard worth up to 50 points
Musician 6pts
5+ ward save for +2 points
-1 to being shot at +2 points

0-1 If both upgrades are taken instead of taking a champion as normal may take a Blade weaver, a blade weaver has a weapon that gives +1 strength, adds 1 dispel scroll, may take up to 25 points of magic items, and can cast any of the three spells below as a bound spell at power level three. Upgrade costs 25 points

Sword master sword Masters ignore the strike last rule for great weapons.

Spell 1 Arcane Blast
Magic missile doing d6 Strength 4 hits

Spell 2 Arcane Shield
Increase the ward save of the sword masters to 4+ for until the start of your next magic phase.

Spell 3 Arcane imbuement
Sword masters count as having Magical attacks, that add an additional -1 to the opponents armor save

0-1 Dragon Princes 28pts unit min 5+
M Ws Bs S T A I W LD
5 5 4 3 3 1 6 1 9 rider
9 3 0 3 3 1 3 1 6 steed
Armor, Dragon armor, shield, ilthimar barding
Weapon, dragon lance, hand weapon
Champion +18 pts +1A may take a magic Item up to 25pts
Standard +18pts may take a magical standard up to 50 points
Musician +9pts

Dragon armor- counts as heavy armor, ignore fire based attacks
Ilithamar armor- horses do not suffer -1 movement for being barded
Dragon lance- +3 strength on the charge

0-1 White Lions 13pts unit min 8+
M Ws Bs S T A I W Ld
5 5 5 4 3 1 5 1 9
Armor Light armor
Weapon Great Axe hand weapon
Champion +12 pts +1 Attack May have 20pts of magic items
Standard +12pts may carry a magic standard worth up to 50 points
Musician +6pts

Body guard- stubborn if a commander is with them or if a Prince is within 12 inches
Skirmish
Lion Cloak- White lion have an additional +2 to their armor save vs. shooting.

Rare

Eagle Claw Repeating Bolt Thrower 100pts
M Ws Bs S T A I W LD
5 4 4 3 3 1 5 1 8 crew
- - - - 7 - - 3 - bolt thrower
1-2 bolt throwers equals 1 rare choice
Bolt Thrower
Rapid Fire indtead of the normal big bolt the bolt thrower may decide to shoot 6 str4 shots with a range of 48 inches and a -2 to armor save

Great Eagle 50pts
M Ws Bs S T A I W Ld
2 5 0 4 4 2 5 3 8
1-2 Great Eagles is one rare choice
Flying

0-1 Phoenix guard 13pts unit in 10+
M Ws Bs S T A I W Ld
5 5 4 3 3 1 6 1 9
Armor Full plate armor
Weapon Halberd hand weapon
Champion +12pts may have 25 points of magic items
Standard +12pts may have a magical standard worth up to 50pts
Musician 6 points

Immune to psychology

Special rules
Stoic all high elf units will not panic from shooting or magic while fight Dark Elf’s

High Elf Detachments
Spearmen or Lothern Sea guard may have up two detachments each. These have to be at least half the size of the unit minimum, and the total models from both detachments combined cannot equal more than Ten models. All units in a detachment gain the skirmish rule if they do not already have it. The units allowed to be detachments are shadow warriors, Sword masters, White lions, and phoenix guard. If the unit is zero to one the detachment will fill that, for example you cannot have a unit of Sword masters and a detachment of Sword masters. But detachments do not fill the special or rare choice they would normally. Detachments may stand and shoot if within 2 inches f the parent unit, or counter charge. The counter charge will occor after the enemy unit has already made contact with the parent unit. Detachments may not take standards or musicians, but may have champions and any upgrades or items allowed to them from the normal unit selection. Other than these special rules detachments count as fully independent units .

Will post character options and magic items and honors which are largly the same soon.

Eldacar
05-01-2006, 11:40
This is probably better suited for the Rules Development forum than Army Lists.

patataman
05-01-2006, 13:34
Sorry but I dont like some rules :s
Specialy tht is usles to take spearman and archer xD the loter seaguar is a 2x1 unit :P
and the swordmaster :s 5+ ward save :S 12 points :S, can castmagic :S +1 DS :S 3 magic :S T_T and they are inmortal :S

jigplums
05-01-2006, 14:56
sword master rules are pretty stupid, and why dont they have armour? pretty rediculous considering the models.

All they really need is there -1 to hit with shooting attacks, at same cost and a decent magic weapon for the champ, i.e +2 str +1 attack killing blow would suit him.

shadowprince
05-01-2006, 15:39
its 14 pints a modle for the swordmasters to have a ward save but will work on reworking them, Just put the more powerful champ in their for fun. the weak mage champ was suppose to demopnstrate the swordmasters who had begun magical training. Maby have him add 1MR instead of a dispel dice? also sorry forgot to make the sea guard 0-1.

jigplums
05-01-2006, 17:31
but why the wardsave? and why no armour? the models are covered in it. Do they train as mages, i thought they just protected mages.

Also things like the -1 to hit should be in the start profile, not upgrades so you can tailor the unit to the opponent. They could take banner of arcane protection for magice defense

shadowprince
05-01-2006, 23:27
Wasn't going on what current models look like, my view of the swordmasters was robed, much like the picture of the Belannor Eltharion duel in the book. Wardsae was de to the fact of their speed and training in combat. Will change to the ward save and arrows being part of the profile but will be 16 points, or would you all prefer heavy armor at 14 point models with the minus one to being shot at.

This is my rough draft will put on next revision shortly, Eldacar is write should have put n rule forum sorry.

jigplums
06-01-2006, 00:58
yeah i think hvy armour and -1 to hit. Prehaps give them the option of:
BANNER OF SHAPHERY
50 points swordmasters gain a 5+ ward save.

shadowprince
06-01-2006, 03:17
I actually rreally like that idea will start the rewrite
new their was something off on the swordmasters. Thanks for input.

jigplums
06-01-2006, 16:25
I like that shadow warriors can take additional handweapons, brings them more in line with how they used to be[a long long time ago]

Prehaps the option to take additional hand weapons for free(or maybe 1 pt) but must take normal bows instead of longbows due to having to "Travel light"

jigplums
06-01-2006, 16:28
also i dont really like the detachment rules, for he....it is an empire thing after all. Plus the units that can be detachments are unlikely to actually be detachments background wise.....sword masters for example, i cant see someone saying to them, "right boys, you stand here and when the spearmen get charged, u run in and chop some people up"

shadowprince
07-01-2006, 01:32
actually i disagree on that one, the base of the high elf force is the spearmen and other militia being supported by the elite and calvary units. As the number of the elite infntry in elven society is miniscule I would think you would rarly see large blocks of them. For example the measly 300 hundred swordmasters Teclis brought with him in the SOC was a huge percentage of the white order. Also I wanted to give High elfs a rule to represent their supeir tactics to every other race besides the other elfs, (clearly stated in background). If you have another idea would be overjoyed to hear it.

jigplums
07-01-2006, 20:39
sure i agree in that in practice he work with the elite units supporting spearmen etc However it is not realistic from the sense what it should actually be like[imo]

If for example you had the TA, the regular army and the sas fighting in a battle[not a great example i know but cant think of another atm] then the sas would not be attached to the ta or regular in a support role. The experience and skill of the elite would be supported be the rest.

Hope that makes sense. I can see small units of either more spears or archers as detachments, but not really swordmasters.

shadowprince
08-01-2006, 06:23
As from what i read they barly have 1000 swordmasters, I seriosly doubt tey would be takeing the brunt of the attack. Also you are comparing them tohumans, very elf is battlehardend as they live 10X that of a human.

Emmo-X
08-01-2006, 09:47
I agree the high elves need some kind of tactical advantage but detatchments is an empire thing. The best idea i've heard is HE get 4+ to rank bonus if they have 5 ranks.

The swordmaster are way to strong! 5+ ward save, -1 to hit penalty. I believe in the -1 to hit penalty but not the ward save. Then again brets get that ********* ward save which every bret player makes 90% of the time.

I think this list is much closer to what the HE list should be than what it is.

Eldacar
08-01-2006, 10:07
The Swordmasters should not recieve a Ward Save. Pure and simple. Their combat style bears little resemblance to that of the Asrai Wardancers, and as such, there is no background justification for a Ward Save. Perhaps the -1 to hit could be accepted (although it wasn't liked when the list had it in 5th edition), but certainly not a Ward Save.

shadowprince
09-01-2006, 02:07
ok I will drop the wad save,give them their heavy armor back, andc make thw -1 part of the profile.

And as the price to put a uit in five ranks for High elfs is way to high efectivly, especially with te possile frontage rule coming, I decided not to go with that. If somone has another idea for an Asur special rule please say so as I am not overly crazy about mine, was just the best I could think of.