PDA

View Full Version : Returning to 40k

swagger
17-07-2009, 09:58
Hey Warseer,

I've been away since around, say, the Ork first wave. Can you help me update on all the major changes that have been happening?

I'm looking for mostly troop/faction updates....

I'm an IG player, and I understand a new codex has come out for them...

I know it's a tall order, but please help me out :)

stainawarjar
17-07-2009, 11:21
Imperial Guard is playable without the entire army deep striking.

Orks and Demon Princes with Lash of Submission are overpowered.

Everybody hates Marneus Calgar.

That should about cover it

swagger
17-07-2009, 17:31
oh dear...:D

BrotherMoses
17-07-2009, 17:50
Welcome back. IG are very much "in" right now. Space Marines are op, Chaos has an awesome new codex and a large-but-vocal anti-codex subgroup in its community. Orks iz back. Necrons are laying low in their tombworld until they get a new 'dex. Next thing coming out is Codex: Space Puppies. Careful though, SW's have no sense of humour :P I suggest firing up that guard force! Squishier armies are so much fun to play after playing power armour all day.

swagger
18-07-2009, 11:08
Thanks for that, BrotherMoses. If anyone wants to add anything more, please feel free.

Mojaco
18-07-2009, 11:31
Orks are in the starter set, making them go from one the least to one of the best supported armies. In fact, they had a second wave and are the only-non-imperium army to have recieved a plastic superheavy and terrain features (ork barricades).

A trend set in codex Orks has continued in codex Space Marines and IG. Characters are now sometimes upgrades in units outside of HQ, and HQ characters often have an impact on how your whoel army plays and is put together.

5th edition happened. Read the book. Highlights include true line of sight being back and only troops bieng able to take objectives.

Chaos: Daemons are pretty cool, but need a second wave of minis if you like Tzeentch or Nurgle (IMO)

Planetstrike has just been released, in the same vain as Cityfight. I have not played it yet, but it looks like fun.

wheetburn
18-07-2009, 12:00
IG and Orks are both good armys but you need lots of troops which is good. I would recommend orks over IG.

Wut?
18-07-2009, 17:28
Orks

Orks

Orks

Orks

the new spelling is ooohhsshhhhhiiiiii- *sounds of power armor being brutalised*