PDA

View Full Version : The Twisted Horde

Sonofsigmar
05-01-2006, 08:29
I want to know if you guys think this list is beardy or cheesed out. I am going to be playing in a league coming up, and want to make sure my army is fun to play against.

It has several major weaknesses, no magic - offensive or defensive, no characters other then Morghur. No missile weapons. It is a fixed list (in the leage only 1500 pts are fixed and you can swap the other 750 to specialize against opponents, however if you have a SC, the whole list must be fixed.) And finally, I will be killing my own side due to the special rules for Morghur.

On the plus side it does have a lot of units, including some pretty powerful ones, and will generate a good number of spawn. Do you think it will work at all? Is this list overpowered? But most importantly, would it be fun to play against?
Anywho, here it is...

1 Morghur, Master of Skulls, Skull-Weave Bray-Staff & Stones of the Skull Cave
8 Beast Herd (Gors) 2ndWeapon; Standard; Musician 7 Ungors, Spear
5 Beast Herd (Gors) 2ndWeapon; Musician 7 Ungors, Spear
12 Bestigors, Standard
5 Chaos Warhounds
5 Chaos Warhounds
5 Chaos Warhounds
5 Chaos Warhounds
5 Chaos Warhounds
5 Chaos Warhounds
1 Tuskgor Chariot Mark of Chaos Undivided
6 Centigors, Spear; Light Armour; Standard; Musician
3 Chaos Ogres, Shield, Heavy Armour, Great Weapons, Standard
1 Chaos Giant
1 Chaos Giant

Models -127
Casting Pool: 2
Dispel Pool: 4
Total -2250

Thoughts and comments welcome. Thanks

SoS

Neknoh
05-01-2006, 10:11
... wow....

Might I suggest swapping your three Chaos Ogres for three Chaos Trolls, you'll be suprised what Low ld + regen does when close to Morghur, they are actually a better spawn spawner than Warhounds.

Take Ld test
Fail
Take Wounds
Get Spawn
Regenerate Wounds
Keep spawn

This works a treat.

Sonofsigmar
06-01-2006, 06:38
I avoided trolls for that very reason, I am trying to make this list cheese free. While they may be great spawners, I think it could royally **** off an opponent. Thanks for the idea though.

SoS

Ganymede
06-01-2006, 06:47
Unless you fielded Morghur and Morghur alone, any list with that special character in attendance is an irredeemable piece of crap.

There is no way around it, Morghur makes for some of the most unenjoyable games of warhammer in existence. Whether or not he is over powered or underpowered, that bastard makes a game of warhammer a chore.

mangustheix
08-01-2006, 08:13
i think it would be great fun to play against this list, purely for the craziness of the game. Just make sure you have enough spawn!

archysucks_Hail_Crom
08-01-2006, 10:36
DIE!!

^THIS is what my brother in law would like to post in reply to your list.

He is abit touchy on the subject of Morghur after I used him.;)

I however like the list and wish you the best.