PDA

View Full Version : Stripping resin miniatures

nightfall707
17-07-2009, 14:47
I have no idea where to place this thread so I dropped it here...

Anyhow, Ive got some resin miniatures on hand that would like to strip and repaint - but I have no idea what to use to strip them with.

Anyone out there have any good experiences wth anything in the past?

Thanks in advance!

Astrotrain
17-07-2009, 14:50
theres a cleaner called simple green, throw your resin peices in a container with a fish tank filter running thru it and come back to it in a week and scrub off any stubborn paint with a
tooth brush

-credit goes to firebase mag

Inquisitor Lord
17-07-2009, 14:58
What he said. Look through the Firebase magazines one of them has an article on it.

Lungboy
17-07-2009, 15:04
It depends where the OP is from, in the UK you have to order Simple Green direct and it's not cheap if you only want it for a few models.

SylverClaw
17-07-2009, 15:16
If in the UK I highly recommend...

CILT BANG! And the paint is gone.

The kitchen/bathroom spray works pretty well and isn't expensive. Well... I was already cleaning with it so it wasn't expensive for me.

Takes a bit more time to get the paint off than other things but works, is clean, is non-toxic and is inexpensive. Haven't had any problems with it - it's very mild. Smells nice too.

Mega Nutz
17-07-2009, 15:25
Think this should be in MP&T general....

Hypaspist
17-07-2009, 15:31
SylverClaw, does CILIT BANG work with plastic and metal as well?

Mortius27
17-07-2009, 16:18
Believe it or not DOT 3 brake fluid for cars is the best paint remover ever!!!!

Im quite serious about this and it is safe for ALL MOST all plastics (some of the little seals and gaskets in a brake system on a car are plastic/resin like the crush washers) but I would try it on a little peice first.

Brake fluid is the best for stripping pewter models. It absolutly will not harm them and if you let them sit in it over night it totally dissovles the paint you dont even have to scrub them. I have used it a lot for this

You can just was the brake fluid off with soap and water plus it is redily availible at any automotive store and its really cheap.

t-tauri
17-07-2009, 16:48
I have no idea where to place this thread so I dropped it here...
Try a search before posting and look in M,P&T where this (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4952) thread already exists. Thread closed.