PDA

View Full Version : Carnage Tournament 2006: Hotel

Lavfluris
05-01-2006, 09:07
Right, this thread is for the hotel booking I am doing for the Carnage Tournament 2006.

As I have said previously, this hotel booking will be for sixteen people and consists of eight twin rooms, so everyone will have to share with somebody else.

Right, onto the details.

The booking itself is for the nights of March 24th, 25th and 26th, meaning we arrive on the Friday evening and then leave promptly on Monday morning. I will be arriving at around 6.00pm on the Friday, so no one will be able to get into their rooms before then I am afraid. I will also be departing at 10.00am on the Monday, so that will be the latest time that people can check out.

We are staying at the Gresham Hotel which is at 109 Carrington Street, Nottingham, NG1 7FE. The hotel is situated right next to the train station and a short walk from Broad Marsh bus station. The city centre is right on our doorstep, so I expect every night will be spent eating and drinking out of the Gresham Hotel.

The total cost for the three nights is 85.00. This value includes a 10.00 damage prevention bond which each of us has to pay. The damage prevention bond covers the cost of anything that any of us breaks whilst we stay at the Gresham Hotel, and we will receive the money back on the Monday morning if nothing is damaged. Please bear in mind that if any of us breaks or damages anything, then we all lose our 10.00 and will received nothing back on the Monday morning. Whoever breaks or damages something will have fifteen unhappy individuals to deal with, so pay nice. ;)

So, if you wish to attend the Carnage Tournament 2006 and do not wish to mess around with finding your own accommodation, then this booking is for you.

Additionally, I will not be reserving any places at the Gresham Hotel for any individual. This booking is a first come first served basis and any booking past the initial sixteen will be declined. This means that your place is only reserved once I have received your payment.

Full details of purchasing a booking are found here (http://www.warseer.com/category/Carnage2006).

Obviously, if you have any queries, then please contact me.

EDIT: As of 10/03/06, the following people have chosen to stay at the Gresham Hotel:
01 - Simon Tull
02 - Rob Peck
03 - Ron Jansen
04 - Koen Smeele
05 - Adam Smith
06 - Ruaraidh Disher
07 - Jon Wilson
08 - Ricky Moore
09 - Graeme Silcock
10 - Tyler Cufflin
11 - Richard Horton
12 - Nick Blumire
13 - Tom Cullen
14 - David Ievins

EDIT: As of 16/03/06, these are the room arrangments:
01 - Simon Tull and Nick Blumire
02 - Rob Peck and Richard Horton
03 - Ron Jansen and Koen Smeele
04 - Adam Smith and Tom Cullen
05 - David Ievins and Tyler Cufflin
06 - Jon Wilson and Ricky Moore
07 - Graeme Silcock and Ruaraidh Disher

Again, if you have any queries, please contact me.

Lavfluris
06-01-2006, 21:13
Bump.

The payment options will be up shortly. I will only be accepting PayPal. Please contact me for other options of payment.

Hywel
06-01-2006, 21:56
The breaking things doesn't extend to Monkey and his one-man wave of devastation does it? :eek:

redemptionist15
06-01-2006, 21:59
The breaking things doesn't extend to Monkey and his one-man wave of devastation does it?:eek:

I hope not or we are screwed!

Lavfluris
07-01-2006, 17:55
Three places are gone already, only thirteen are left.

Tom - Heretic
08-01-2006, 05:24
As always, this is the easiest option so will be the one I'm taking :)

::EDIT:: I forget, what did EvilGinge do?

Hywel
08-01-2006, 15:41
Knocking over every glass within a 300yd radius ring any bells? :p

Tom - Heretic
08-01-2006, 15:44
Ah yes, of course. Silly boy :rolleyes:

Darkseer
20-01-2006, 16:00
Are there any places in the hotel left?
I just lost my accomodation in Nottingham.

Lavfluris
20-01-2006, 17:50
Are there any places in the hotel left?Yes, and we operate on a no questions asked basis. ;)

Darkseer
20-01-2006, 20:34
Rockin!

I'll have money coming your way tomorrow.

Heero-Severus
03-02-2006, 14:14
All paid up :@D

Lavfluris
03-02-2006, 17:25
There are ten spaces left for the Gresham Hotel. Tom - Heretic, redemptionist15, Guido le Wombat, Brimstone and Mutant Child will take up five of those spaces when they pay. :)

Toastee
08-02-2006, 13:52
How many hotel places are left?
I'll have just been the GT Finals, and while the Travel Inn is nice, its costly x_x lol

Lavfluris
08-02-2006, 22:50
How many hotel places are left?There are still the ten spaces I mentioned above.

Toastee
08-02-2006, 23:17
Thanks.
In that case I'll order everything now. :)

Toastee

Guido le Wombat
10-02-2006, 09:46
Just thought I would post here to say I should be getting payment sorted within a week or two :)

Brimstone
20-02-2006, 05:24
Mutant Child & myself are now covered.

Lavfluris
22-02-2006, 09:10
There are six places left, three of which are likely to be taken by Tom - Heretic, redemptionist15 and Guido le Wombat.

According to my records, Lavfluris, Heero-Severus, Samael, Samael's mate, DarkSeer, DeathWish, Brimstone, Mutant Child, Gen_eV and Toastee have all paid for a room in the hotel.

If you have paid and your name has not been listed, then please say so.

Anvils Hammer
02-03-2006, 13:00
yar.... I have booked a single room for myself at the gresham, for the night of the 25th.

So whilst I wont be participating in the official scheme, I shall see you all at the gresham! :)

we are driving up in the morning and going home late in the evening, hence I dont need 3 nights.

Lavfluris
10-03-2006, 17:08
Okay, I have updated the list of all of those staying at the Gresham Hotel.

There are now two places left.

Also, can everyone post the name of the person they are sharing a room with? There will be one or two people who have not already arranged a partner, for want of a better word, so I will be sorting those people out.

Me first, I'm sharing with Nick. :D

Toastee
10-03-2006, 22:17
I've not got anyone to room with yet as I'm fairly new to the forum so don't really know anyone yet.

Lavfluris
10-03-2006, 22:24
I've not got anyone to room with yet as I'm fairly new to the forum so don't really know anyone yet.From what I understand or have been told, Rik Fricis has not arranged to share a room with anyone. He seems a sensible chap.

DeathWish and Gen_eV have also not confirmed they are sharing, but I believe they may be friends or know each other as they come from the same city.

Toastee
10-03-2006, 22:31
Cool, I'll send a PM his way then.
Cheers Lav :)

Rik Valdis
10-03-2006, 23:26
He seems a sensible chap..
Not seen many of my posts have you? :)

I'm happy to share with Toastee, I dont think anyone I know is going and I've never seen him post anything that's really wound me up.

samael
11-03-2006, 09:55
Also, can everyone post the name of the person they are sharing a room with?

Me with Koen, it's traditional. We've been sharing rooms for years now, I can't imagine sleeping with anyone else....wait that came out wrong :eek: ;)

Toastee
11-03-2006, 11:53
Not seen many of my posts have you? :)

I'm happy to share with Toastee, I dont think anyone I know is going and I've never seen him post anything that's really wound me up.

Thats that sorted then :)
Cheers pal.

Lavfluris
16-03-2006, 18:39
I've cancelled the remaining two places at the Gresham Hotel as I'm unlikely to fill them.

Please refer to the first post of this thread for the names of those who are staying, and for the room arrangements.

I'd like to remind everyone that I will be arriving at around 6.00pm on the Friday, so no one will be able to get into their rooms before then I am afraid. I will also be departing at 10.00am on the Monday, so that will be the latest time that people can check out.

I'd also like to remind everyone that we are staying at the Gresham Hotel which is at 109 Carrington Street, Nottingham, NG1 7FE. The hotel is situated right next to the train station and a short walk from Broad Marsh bus station. The city centre is right on our doorstep, so I expect every night will be spent eating and drinking out of the Gresham Hotel.

If you have any queries, then please contact me.

Toastee
16-03-2006, 22:08
I should be getting in to Nottingham for 5.40 ish, so gives me 20 or so minutes to find the place.
And my trains on Monday is at 11am...I think o.O

Tom - Heretic
20-03-2006, 21:09
I'll probably be at the hotel early, as I hate rushing around and/or being late for things. Expect me to be the first one there :)

Lavfluris
20-03-2006, 22:09
Expect me to be the first one there :) What sort of time will you be arriving?

Tom - Heretic
21-03-2006, 01:42
Probably about 5ish so I can have a little sit down and a ciggie before you horrible lot start arriving. Maybe earlier depending on how I feel.

samael
21-03-2006, 05:35
Hmm, we'll arrive in nottingham around 11.30/12.00.
Do you think the hotel would allow us to just dump our stuff there untill we can check in later in the afternoon/evening
?

Lavfluris
21-03-2006, 07:18
Do you think the hotel would allow us to just dump our stuff there untill we can check in later in the afternoon/evening
?Pass, I think they would keep it behind the counter, but I could not answer for them.

Darkseer
21-03-2006, 07:33
Probably about 5ish so I can have a little sit down and a ciggie before you horrible lot start arriving. Maybe earlier depending on how I feel.

I'm planning to arrive at Nottingham station for 5:24pm
You want to meet me and get a few a beers in?

Tom - Heretic
21-03-2006, 15:42
Sure, hotel would be best. I'm sure we can leave our kit there and wander off for half an hour, or just drink in the hotel bar.

Darkseer
22-03-2006, 14:29
Excellent!
I'll call your mobile if I'm gonna be late or anything.

Fallen Angel
22-03-2006, 15:08
i just realised you guys are staying in the hotel next to ours (the Bentnick) - see you in the bar!!

Lavfluris
22-03-2006, 15:32
i just realised you guys are staying in the hotel next to ours (the Bentnick) - see you in the bar!!Bentnick? You mean the Pink Palace? ;)

Toastee
22-03-2006, 16:29
Will you guys be in the hotel bar? or is there a bar near by that you know of?
I'm getting in for 5.40ish. (Got my tickets today!)

Fallen Angel
22-03-2006, 17:14
Bentnick? You mean the Pink Palace? ;)

yup thats the one :D

Its actually a pub with rooms above so its a lot cheaper to drink there - though its a bit, erm, yokelish from what i remember at the GT. And yes we will be drinking as soon as we get there - just look for the big group of geeks in the corner!! We're leaving Manchester at 4 so we'll probably be there about 7 or 8 - plenty of time to develop a hangover for gaming on saturday!!

Darkseer
22-03-2006, 17:48
Bentnick? You mean the Pink Palace? ;)

I think you mean "Big gay Al's big gay mansion" :D

Lavfluris
22-03-2006, 19:10
And yes we will be drinking as soon as we get there - just look for the big group of geeks in the corner!!Well, if you come into our hotel on Friday after you get into Nottingham, we'll all go out drinking. ;)

Will you guys be in the hotel bar?We'll meet in the hotel bar.

Fallen Angel
22-03-2006, 19:56
Well, if you come into our hotel on Friday after you get into Nottingham, we'll all go out drinking. ;)

Sounds good to me. We should be there at latest 8 so spot the group of 7 geeks!!

Lavfluris
22-03-2006, 22:56
We should be there at latest 8 so spot the group of 7 geeks!!We'll be awaiting the phone call.

Gen_eV
22-03-2006, 23:22
DeathWish and Gen_eV have also not confirmed they are sharing, but I believe they may be friends or know each other as they come from the same city.

Nope, no idea who DeathWish is. No worries though, this weekend's all about making friends, isn't it? I'll send a PM his way, find out who he is, see if he's travelling on the same train as me.

I should be getting in to Nottingham for 5.40 ish, so gives me 20 or so minutes to find the place.
Catching the 17.11 from Derby to get in at 17.38 by any chance? I'm going through Newcastle and arrving around 5.40, and I'm doubting they'll be two trains from that direction aht close together. PM me and we can maybe meet up on the way. That way I'll at least have company if I get lost (don't trust 'right next to the station' as I direction - I'm notorious for missing things right under my nose, yet travelling hundreds of miles around foreign coountries with no problems.)

Lavfluris
22-03-2006, 23:30
That way I'll at least have company if I get lost (don't trust 'right next to the station' as I directionWell, it's more like leaving the station out of the main entrance, turning right, walking across a zebra crossing, past the Pink Palace and you'll see the Gresham's sign.

Toastee
23-03-2006, 10:27
Catching the 17.11 from Derby to get in at 17.38 by any chance? I'm going through Newcastle and arrving around 5.40, and I'm doubting they'll be two trains from that direction aht close together. PM me and we can maybe meet up on the way. That way I'll at least have company if I get lost (don't trust 'right next to the station' as I direction - I'm notorious for missing things right under my nose, yet travelling hundreds of miles around foreign coountries with no problems.)

Nah, I'm going all the way down to Ghantham o_O

Which gets in at 17.37.

Any idea when your train gets into Newcastle?. Mines at 14.55.

Though mind you if it is, my ticket does say "Route - Any permitted." So I guess I could change.
It also says "valid by any train". So I'm guessing if we figure out which one your on, I could get on it without any problems.

Gen_eV
23-03-2006, 13:44
Well, it's more like leaving the station out of the main entrance, turning right, walking across a zebra crossing, past the Pink Palace and you'll see the Gresham's sign.

Ah, shouldn't be too difficult, even for my . That's a relief.

Toastee-looks like I'll be hitting Newcastle at 13.36 on Friday-just checked on www.NationalRail.co.uk
If you PM me your mobile, I can call/text on my way, let you know what the destination station is so's you can find the relevant platform etc.

Oh, and how are people getting to GW HQ on the saturday and sunday? Am I looking to nab a lift off a driver, or are there many people at the Gresham who'll be needing a taxi? If it's less than 1/2hr walking then there's no point, but I have no idea how far Warhammer World is from the station.

Fallen Angel
23-03-2006, 16:08
WW is about half an hour from the station walking but i very much doubt anyone will want to do that after a nights drinking the night before. Taxis cost a fiver and you can get them from the train station. I know we'll need taxis from there in the morning and back in the evening so we're happy to share.

Darkseer
23-03-2006, 17:18
I always walk it.
It's not really that far and there's nothing like a good morning walk to freshen you up for some tactical thinking.

Lavfluris
23-03-2006, 17:40
So I'm guessing if we figure out which one your on, I could get on it without any problems.Correct, you can use it on any train, so long as it's going in the right direction. ;)

Fallen Angel
23-03-2006, 18:12
I always walk it.
It's not really that far and there's nothing like a good morning walk to freshen you up for some tactical thinking.

tactical say-what-now??

McMullet
23-03-2006, 18:50
I think he meant "drinking" - it's the closest typo I can see.

Darkseer
23-03-2006, 18:54
Tactical drinking eh?

I presume that's where you have a beer and the more you drink, the better your dice rolling becomes?

Anvils Hammer
23-03-2006, 19:06
Ill be getting up early on the sunday morning, walking for 30 minute in the oposite direction, and picking up my brother and the car, then driving to WHW.

*groan*

Ill think ill put gerard up in the hotel with me next time, and leave him there to go drinking, or would that be mean of me? :angel:

Fallen Angel
23-03-2006, 19:28
Tactical drinking eh?

I presume that's where you have a beer and the more you drink, the better your dice rolling becomes?

nah its when you drink more and look at the table and think you're winning until the end of the game when you realise that the army that's dead is your own......

Toastee
23-03-2006, 22:03
Correct, you can use it on any train, so long as it's going in the right direction. ;)

Thats cool then :)

Gen_eV: I've PM'ed you my number. If thats when you get into Newcastle, I might just get on with you when you roll in. I've have a word with the ticket people there to just make sure it can be done.

Darkseer: If your going to walk it, mind if I tag along? I have like...very little money till pay day lol, and walking is free :)
Plus I need to save those pennies for beer :D

Rik Valdis
23-03-2006, 22:05
Darkseer: If your going to walk it, mind if I tag along? I have like...very little money till pay day lol, and walking is free :)
Plus I need to save those pennies for beer :D
I think I'll probably tag along with whoever's walking as well, I can't really afford to come to Carnage at all, let alone pay for a taxi.

Toastee
23-03-2006, 22:48
I think I'll probably tag along with whoever's walking as well, I can't really afford to come to Carnage at all, let alone pay for a taxi.

Aye, same boat, same boat. Theres space left on this one...but you gotta help row. lol.

I've got enough to last like, but there was no way I wasn't going to come this weekend.

One of my friends had suggested that I not go due to my money and lack of it till next week. But since I've already paid for everything, well like I say, there was no way I was going to give up. :)

Lavfluris
23-03-2006, 22:51
One quick note about meeting tomorrow evening, could everyone make their way to the bar behind the Reception when they arrive? Easier to arrange rooms if everyone is in a setting familiar to me. ;)

Gen_eV
23-03-2006, 23:29
Thanks for the number Toastee, I'll text you when I'm on my way - have a pre-booked advance ticket, so I even have a seat reserved which will make it handy for finding me.

As for my monetary situation, it's the last day of term tomorrow, and I was overdrawn at the start. PLus I had to burn an extra hundred on replacing two carnifexes, a rulebook and the Tyranid codex, all of which have mysteriously disapppeared. I hate losing stuff. Definitely glad I'm saving cash on the lack of a taxi - sure to burn another hole in my wallet in the evenings.

Still, my army's ready - apart from three headless, armless 'fexes, I had nothing painted yesterday morning. So I apologise in advance for the utterly uninspiring nature of my force. They're ok, just nowhere near how I wanted em. Uni's fault, giving me three thousand words of essay and website to do all in one week. Kept me away from the important stuff.

Toastee
24-03-2006, 05:05
No worries. As I say, I'll be near central station about then anyway. I guess you'll be leaving about 12.15 - 12.30 right?

I'll be the guy on the platform with a big GW case and a side bag with a fluffy fox hanging out of it XD

McMullet
24-03-2006, 08:45
Tactical drinking eh?

Double vision is great...

"Hey! That's a three, you failed to wound!"

*drunken thoughtful face*

"Well, I can see six dots..."

hamani
24-03-2006, 13:30
hey guys, i dont actually know anyone whos goin but am stayin in the same hotel as u all. if yourall walking it in the mornin can i tag along too? and if i get bored (which i prob will cos am on my own) i wouldnt turn down the chance to hang out in the bar with you all.

(god i sound desperate :cries: )

Fallen Angel
24-03-2006, 13:53
hey guys, i dont actually know anyone whos goin but am stayin in the same hotel as u all. if yourall walking it in the mornin can i tag along too? and if i get bored (which i prob will cos am on my own) i wouldnt turn down the chance to hang out in the bar with you all.

(god i sound desperate :cries: )

you're from manchester?? If you go to either the 40k or fantasy vets nights then you'll know some of the flame on guys and you're welcome to come drinking with us. No doubt everyone will end up going drinking together anyway.

hamani
24-03-2006, 14:06
yeh been games night a few times but not recentally, might reconise you their. getting the train at quarter to 7 so wont be at the hotel till bout 9, doubt u would have stopped drinkin by then anyway. hehe. gaz

Anvils Hammer
24-03-2006, 15:13
yeh been games night a few times but not recentally, might reconise you their. getting the train at quarter to 7 so wont be at the hotel till bout 9, doubt u would have stopped drinkin by then anyway. hehe. gaz

the hotel actually serves alcohol all night long, via the main reception, and you can drink in the rather confortable foyer long after the bar closes.

so Im gessing drinking will be continuing till... sometime in the early hours.

Fallen Angel
26-03-2006, 17:52
so Im gessing drinking will be continuing till... sometime in the early hours.

and it so did....................