PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos warshrine conversion

xsamx
17-07-2009, 21:35
Hi guys,

I have been working on a warshrine conversion for my 3000pt chaos warriors army for a few days now and it has really come together, as you can see from the pics below!

I figured i could also use this guy as a champion on a chariot too haha.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Sambo/L1000354.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Sambo/L1000356.jpg

My idea was to have a shrine being pulled by two hand-picked warriors lead by an exalted champion issuing challenges and piliing up the dead corpses of his fallen foes as he went. However, once i started actualling building the model, i realised the base / cart (i used the corpse cart, pinched the idea from another gamer at our store) was a lot smaller/bigger respectively than initially thought. I had wanted to have 3 warriors pulling the cart rather than just two and i had wanted the champion standing infront of it issuing his challenges, with the pile of bodies that comes with the corpse cart model on top of it.

However, space lacking, i felt having the 3 models at the front looked too busy and it also meant i had to have half the cart off the back of the base, which is not too practical for gaming anyway. So i have placed him onto the cart itself. I have also pondered using the chosen champion for this model in place of the exalted model.

I am unsure whether to keep him on the cart, or somehow fit him in the front of the model as i initially hoped to, and put the bodies back on the cart.

I am happy with the model so far, but i am looking for some opinions on how i could tweak it, especially if anyone has ideas on how to fit the exalted back at the front of the base??

Please let me know what you all think as this will be my first posting of any of my work!

**EDIT** please note, nothing is glued down and i have balanced/green-stuffed these in to place for the picture, when i actually secure them down then the chains will be taut and tidied up a little and the placing more accurate, but you get the general idea!

dlantoub
17-07-2009, 22:00
Awesome! You got in on this before I could. I can't wait to see the finished article so I can drool and be jealous all over it. ^^

Seville
18-07-2009, 04:33
Really cool idea. I like it a lot. I would leave it the way it is. Just put severed heads and limbs all around the Champion in the cart, and that should make it suitably graphic.

Monsterzonk
18-07-2009, 09:04
Looking good so far! I agree that you should add some trophies to it, but that was your plan anyway, wasn't it? And I'd keep the Champion on the cart itself. Looks cool!

Funny thing is that I just finished my own Warshrine, which is quite the opposite of what you did. I used the Corpse Cart's pile of corpses and had them carry by a bunch of miserable slaves, not Warriors. You can see it on p.39 of my blog, if you're interested. ;)

Looking forward to seeing this thing done! And maybe post some pics of your entire Chaos army..?

Cheers,
Monsterzonk :skull:

xsamx
18-07-2009, 09:11
Looking good so far! I agree that you should add some trophies to it, but that was your plan anyway, wasn't it? And I'd keep the Champion on the cart itself. Looks cool!

Funny thing is that I just finished my own Warshrine, which is quite the opposite of what you did. I used the Corpse Cart's pile of corpses and had them carry by a bunch of miserable slaves, not Warriors. You can see it on p.39 of my blog, if you're interested. ;)

Looking forward to seeing this thing done! And maybe post some pics of your entire Chaos army..?

Cheers,

Yep, trophies is definately my plan. A friend at my store showed me the skull piles on the GW site, i might buy those and stick them behind him if they're the right size to fit. Also thinking of putting shields on the wooden poles that make up the sides of the cart.

I checked out your Shrine, its awesome! Works especially well in a nurgley army too, really looks the part.

When i next get some photos taken (have to get my dad to do it, no camera of my own) ill take some of the rest of the army. Its about half painted atthe moment, im currently working on the cavalry wing; 15 marauder horse, archaon, a lord on steed, bsb, mounted sorceror and 12 knights!

Thanks for the advice so far guys.

Monsterzonk
18-07-2009, 10:05
Thanks, mate! ;)

I think personally I wouldn't cover the sides of the Shrine with shields, simply because the Champion is such an awesome model and those shields would spoil the view on him, I guess.

The skulls from the pack should work just fine as trophies, though!

Hope to see some army shots soon!

Cheers,

Elazar The Glorified
18-07-2009, 10:44
Looks really promising. I love the Games Day Exalted. Such an awesome mini, I'll need to pilfer one for my WOC. Anyway, I wouldn't be too eager to make changes to it if i were you. Looks well set up to me. I like the use of the chaos banners hanging either side of the brazier, thought that was a nice touch. You need to get this guy painted. I'm waiting for all the bits for my Warshrine to turn up but whilst I'm waiting I keep finding people have made great warshrines. First Monsterzonk and now you. Curses to you both! ;)

Pervasive Invader
10-04-2010, 06:25
nice work! I'm making a Khornite warshrine too!
Mine has a "handler" attempting to reign in the warhounds of Khorne!

El Aartos
10-04-2010, 14:46
This is a very cool warshrine. I'm looking for ideas myself and it turns out most people build a shrine from the corpse cart (well, why shouldn't they, the cart is very fit for it).
I wouldn't make any changes about the shrine itself. I like the idea of the exalted on top of it. Pile some severed heads around him and the heads of his most hated foes on a spike and you have a great warshrine.
Just paint it because I'm curious about how it will look =P

Angelshade113
10-04-2010, 15:17
I love the banners on the cart! It just seems to add that little bit to make it look like a shrine. And if you don't care too much I may use that idea on a similar model in my own army :angel: (just because it looks too cool!).

brendino
22-04-2010, 03:41
maybe make the champion actually standing ON the corpses of his slain foes! but, y'know just make a pile of bodies and stick him on top, or even better, ankle deep in bodies!!

logan054
22-04-2010, 13:35
You know i think i like it! i think it would look very cool if the guy on the card was standing on a bunch of dead guys.