PDA

View Full Version : Shadowsword: Targeters or Lascannons?

Deuce Blue
18-07-2009, 00:34
Hey all, I wanted to get some feedback from people who use the shadowsword. I am planning on using targeters to improve the tank's BS, but wanted to know if anyone has experience using the lascannons over the targeters, and which option proves more reliable. Thanks!

Noserenda
18-07-2009, 01:27
Id always go with the Lascannons, the +1BS is just so drastically underwhelming on a tank whose primary weapon uses blast...

eyescrossed
18-07-2009, 01:59
I use the Iron Saint. No need for Targeters then.

Dach
18-07-2009, 03:39
depend, if you only take 2 sponsons, lascannon are more usefull, if you go for 4 sponson the BS 4 start to help since it affect the volcano, 2 lascannon, and 5 TL heavybolter. Now that's an investment. :evilgrin:

you can also add a heavystubber for another BS4 weapon.

eyescrossed
18-07-2009, 06:14
Actually no, it doesn't. IIRC, the rule says "replace Lascannons on the sponsons with Targeters".

This would mean you'd have to replace all the Lascannons, unless you switched for Targeters and then bought the extra sponsons, but that's another debate in itself.

Deuce Blue
18-07-2009, 15:28
So are the Iron Saint rules only available in that one White Dwarf? I remember seeing the issue, but passed it up because it was mainly LOTR content.

eyescrossed
18-07-2009, 15:59
I think it might be on the GW website. I'ts a pretty cool datasheet.

badguyshaveallthefun
18-07-2009, 18:21
I use mine as a Fellsword, so I use targeters and say that it's a [Chaos]Space Marine crew. I used the sponsons from the Shadowsword box to give my Fellblade another set of sponsons. I try to keep my Fellsword as far back as is humanly possible to avoid unpleasant encounters. Usually with some kind of infantry support if things start to get messy.

Dach
20-07-2009, 00:41
Actually no, it doesn't. IIRC, the rule says "replace Lascannons on the sponsons with Targeters".

This would mean you'd have to replace all the Lascannons, unless you switched for Targeters and then bought the extra sponsons, but that's another debate in itself.

so hmm i'm paying for another sponsons that give no bonus? only another 2 TL hbolter for 100 points?? :wtf:

that just stupid...

Vaktathi
20-07-2009, 01:02
I'd always give it the Lascannons. the +1 BS on the main gun won't help that much and the HB's are TL anyway. The lascannons can help out of the main gun whiff's, and if it doesn't they can target and fire at another enemy unit.

Nakor
20-07-2009, 03:15
keeping the secont set of lascannons seems more logical, 100 pt for 2 TL-HBs is a bit silly