PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good 2000pts army? Is it a cheesy army?

PARTYCHICORITA
18-07-2009, 14:21
I do not intend to use this list, but i made it trying to prove a point to a friend. I'm hoping to get some feedback on it.
The idea was to make a 2K pts cheesy tournament LM army, dunno if i got it right though.

-Slaan mage priest (general and BSB); Focus of mistery, The focused Rumination, Higher state of consciousness, becalming cogitation. Cupped hand of the Old ones and Bane head. 510
-Skink priest; lvl1, EotG, scroll. 380
-Skink priest; lvl1, EotG, diadem of power. 380

-Skinks 50
-Skinks 50
-Skink skirmishers 70
-Skink skirmishers 70
-Skink skirmishers 70

-Terradon riders 90
-Terradon riders 90
-Terradon riders 90

-Salamander hunting pack 75

Total 2000pts

So is it a good list? Is it a cheesy list? Opinions are wanted and welcome.

Cutmasta114
18-07-2009, 17:00
in general, anyone bringing more than one EoTG in 2k is pretty cheesy, and the unit spam (i.e. multiples of terradons, skinks, salamanders) sort of adds to that.

however, there are also some major flaws with this list that may make it less effective (and therefore cheesy) than it seems. First and foremost, there are just too many points tied up in the slann--you only need two disciplines and the cupped hands. Bane head is also pretty useless on a slann.

secondly, you need temple guard to defend the slann if you want it to be a true death star, which would probably add to the cheese (especially if you keep the number low--around 10ish)

Griffery
18-07-2009, 18:21
I would say it is. Taking a fully buffed up Slann and then 2 EotG. I can tell you tried to make it a bit less cheesier by using tons of skinks, but I think that is just pointless. I agree with Cutmasta, you need Temple Guard to protect the Slann. A unit of Saurus Warriors can never hurt. I am wondering but what is with all of the Terradons? They can be helpful, but I only like one unit, not 3. Are you trying to make your army more manoeuverable by taking them and all of the skirmishers? Either way it is a very odd and cheesy list. I would suggest dropping an EotG to make it more fair, make the priest lvl 2, maybe pick up a Scar-Veteran, they are very good. Also get rid of some of the skinks and get some Temple Guard. Also I have not found Salamanders that helpful, so if you going to use one, stick to one.

PARTYCHICORITA
18-07-2009, 18:35
I can tell you tried to make it a bit less cheesier by using tons of skinks, but I think that is just pointless.

Actually i was trying to make it cheesier by taking lots of skink units and no saurus.

Back on 6th the way to go with LM was the slaan, tons of skinks and the jaguar scar veteran, in a way i was trying to go back to that eventhough a bunch of the rules have change: To go for a list with high movement with the slaan floating around providing support and the EotG also bringing some hitting power to the table.

TG are very good but they are also very expensive and make the slaan lose movility; i don't feel they are a must get. The "ethereal" slaan can shake of most flyers and skirmishers with help of the engines power and either Lore of Light, hadow or Death.

I guess i could drop a salamander and one of the 50pts units to get a scar veteran with the charm of the jaguar warrior.

PeG
18-07-2009, 21:48
looks like a kill Slann game and since he is not hiding in a large unit of TG it can actually be done. Where are you planning on keeping him? In the first rank of a unit of skinks? Big flying things will be a threat and also massive shooty lists although they need support to deal with your faster units. Also remember that SLann doesnt have LOS as a large target unless he is in TG.

alex17
18-07-2009, 22:57
This is about as cheesey as a bacon roll

alex17
18-07-2009, 22:58
nah, to be serious, salamanders are not worth it, and to make any lizard list really cheesey, you need 3+ stegadons

PARTYCHICORITA
19-07-2009, 12:35
Where are you planning on keeping him? In the first rank of a unit of skinks? Big flying things will be a threat and also massive shooty lists although they need support to deal with your faster units.

Since he can only be hurt by magical attacks he's only vulnerable to TK and dwarf shooting, large target could be a problem if the rider has a magic weapon but other than that he shouldn't go through that much trouble wandering around on it's own. At least that's what i thought.

PARTYCHICORITA
21-07-2009, 16:34
I guess an alternative to the list would be:

-Slaan mage priest (general and BSB); Focus of mistery, The focused Rumination, Higher state of consciousness, becalming cogitation. Cupped hand of the Old ones and Bane head. 510
-Skink priest; lvl1, EotG, scroll. 380
-Skink priest; lvl1, EotG, diadem of power. 380
-Scar veteran; light armor, great weapon, shield, charm of the jaguar warrior. 124

-Skinks 50
-Skink skirmishers 70
-Skink skirmishers 70
-Skink skirmishers 70

-Terradon riders 90
-Terradon riders 90
-Terradon riders 90

Total 1999pts