12 Chaos Warriors @ 228 Pts
No Mark; 2nd Hand Weapon; Shield; Standard; Champion

15 Chaos Marauders @ 98 Pts
No Mark; Light Armour; Shield; music

Casting Pool: 10

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 54

Total Army Cost: 1999

planning on putting the lord in a warrior unit and the hero in the other warrior unit and the sorc in the marauder unit. the reason they are mounted is for the nice 1+ save they get. I'm very heavy on lords/heroes and light on shock. ill have a very nice casting phase but the cc phase will be lacking.

I like this list a lot more but its kind of cookie cutter WoC list

shock list 2000 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Army

1 Chaos Lord of Khorne @ 380 Pts
Mark of Khorne; shield
Chaos Runesword
Soporific Musk
Collar of Khorne
Juggernaut of Khorne

1 Exalted Hero @ 200 Pts
No Mark; Battle Standard
Bloodcurdling Roar
Banner of Wrath

1 Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle @ 191 Pts
Mark of Nurgle; Magic Level 2;
Conjoined Homunculus
Enchanted Shield
Barded Chaos Steed

11 Chaos Warriors @ 211 Pts

6 Chaos Warhounds @ 36 Pts

5 Chaos Knights of Khorne @ 270 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; Standard Champion

Mark of Khorne; Standard; Champion

12 Chaos Marauders @ 48 Pts
No Mark

1 Chaos Warshrine @ 130 Pts
No Mark

Casting Pool: 4

Dispel Pool: 3

Models in Army: 61

Total Army Cost: 2000

Any advice would be great. Very recently switched over to WoC from more shooting heavy armies so i'm a bit lost on creating a non gunline. :)

eyeolas
19-07-2009, 01:25
The first list seems like it could work well, but it won't be able to do much against an army with a fair bit of ranged potential or menouverability. Taking knights of khorne without some hounds is asking for it, and I think the marauders are too small to be able to to much (they aren't great in combat, so really need full static combat res). also, while the bsb may seem a god buy, he would do much better as another sorcerer, as 10 pd isn't 'heavy magic', especially since tzeench doesn't have the best spells for when your in combat (meaning when your in combat you'll most likely not have enough spells to use the dice at your disposal, weekening your magic phase significantly).

for the second list, I have no idea what the marauders intend to do that annother unit of hounds couldn't do better. The sorcerer certainly doesn't need level 2 or conjoined homunculous, he won't be getting spells off with 4 power dice, and you should have 2 scrolls (which means dropping the shield). Bloodcurdling roar generally isn't a great gift, especally since there are much better ones around. Fury of the blood god will help with the magic defence a bit. The banner of wrath is also prety pointless as again you won't be getting spells off. With the points, more troops is in order, as for a hammer army it doesn't have much weight behind it, especially once the knights lose a few wounds to ranged attacks.

Albinowookie
19-07-2009, 16:57
Thank you for your quick reply. The reason I only have 12 marauders is that i needed to find 1 more troop choice and 12 marauders did the trick ill look into skimming down some points to try and find more points for a unit of 20 or another unit of 12 warriors.

As for the second list same thing on the marauders needed to fill the last slot. however with your comments im going to be revising a lot of my list to try and make room for some more hounds and another unit of marauder horsemen or chaos warriors.

Once again thank you for your comments, I'll prob be posting another list soon with your comments in mind.

Thank you,

Wookie

Albinowookie
19-07-2009, 17:42
Heavy Magic2000 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Army

1 Sorcerer Lord of Nurgle @ 374 Pts
Mark of Nurgle; General; Magic Level 4
Conjoined Homunculus
Spell Familiar
Dispel Scroll
Barded Chaos Steed

1 Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch @ 206 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Magic Level 2
Book of Secrets
Power Familiar
Barded Chaos Steed

1 Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch @ 140 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Magic Level 2;

6 Marauder Horsemen
No Mark; Light armor, Shields; Full command

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

6 Chaos Knights of Khorne @ 310 Pts

Mark of Khorne Standard; Champion

Casting Pool: 12

Dispel Pool: 6

Models in Army: 69

Total Army Cost: 2000

I will be hiding the mages in the chaos warrior units and marauder unit while shielding the khorne knights with the warhounds. kinda cookie cutter so any suggestions would be appreciated.

shock list2000 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Army

1 Chaos Lord of Khorne @ 380 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; General; Shield
Chaos Runesword
Soporific Musk
Collar of Khorne
Juggernaut of Khorne

1 Exalted Hero @ 195 Pts
No Mark; 2nd Hand Weapon; Shield; Battle Standard
Banner of Rage
Barded Chaos Steed

1 Chaos Sorcerer @ 151 Pts
No Mark; Magic Level 1;
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll
Barded Chaos Steed

5 Marauder Horsemen @ 99 Pts
No Mark; Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Chieftain

Mark of Slaanesh; Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Chieftain

Mark of Nugle; Light Armour; Shield; Standard;

Mark of Khorne;Standard; Champion

Mark of Nugle; Standard; Champion

Casting Pool: 3

Dispel Pool: 3

Models in Army: 52

Total Army Cost: 1999

I am leaning towards using the second of the two lists now just because its so fast moving and can do a lot of damage quick i believe. I will be using of these list tonight or tomorrow so ill let you all know how they play out.

As for a strat i will put the lord in one of the unit of 5 that has the mark of Khorne and the exalted hero in the unit that has mark of nurgle and the sorc will go with the last unit of knights.

Once again I greatly appreciate any comments or criticism you may have on my list because it can only help make it better.

Thank you,
Wookie

Albinowookie
20-07-2009, 12:07
bump any comments

Jind_Singh
20-07-2009, 17:00
yah, the knights marked with khorne...dont need ANY command! with each bugger throwing out 3 st 5 attacks plus 2 st 4 from horses....the standard doesn't do anything. but at the same time it's a liabilty incase you lose combat (or get wiped out), and plus it costs points. A champ gives 1 attack...big deal as you have frenzy! A musician? Well your not running as your immune to psych. You wont ever draw combat - either win or lose, and with your high ld the extra +1 to rally is meaningless as well.
so that way you save a ton of points, you can drop that small unit of maraders, and get 5 mara horse with throwing axes - NOW THATS a good fast cav unit! one of the best in the game!

Jind_Singh
20-07-2009, 17:02
ps - also I drop the shields on mara horseman - why bother? a 4+ armour save is nothing to write home about BUT you lose your fast cav status!
Fast cav are AMAZING so I'd never want to lose that for a mere plus 1 to my armour save!!!!
throwing axes all the way - always hitting on 4's, no modifiers for moving, and your fast cav so you can bait out charges from the enemy, flee, and then then let the frenzied khorne knights hit back...hard!
then you rally, move back and shot more stuff!

Drachen_Jager
20-07-2009, 17:44
Drop the lord for another unit of Knights and 3 units of Warhounds they'll do more damage than a Lord could and give you more versatility, drop the unit champions for another few Knights, keep all units at 6 minimum, the extra attacks/ability to withstand ranged attacks will save you more times than you can imagine. Drop the banner of rage, it's a bit redundant in an all Frenzy army and IMO you don't really need a BSB in an all Khorne army because you should be winning combats through casualties. Light armor and shield costs more and removes the fast cavalry rule from your Marauder horse, I'd drop the shield (and if you need the points drop the armour too, it's not really worth it since half the attacks they face will probably completely negate a 5+ armour save).

EvC
20-07-2009, 17:47
Your BSB can't use extra hand weapon on his horse, so drop that. A Flail is always nice to have, even if you'll be fighting with shield sometimes.