PDA

View Full Version : 2500 WoC army, Brotherhood of Madness

Acerbus
19-07-2009, 01:52
Well this is my new list i've come up with, to combat dark elves, and lizardmen and maybe tomb kings every once in a while.

LORDS AND HEROES
Chaos Lord, Chaos Dragon, Crown of Everlasting Conquest, Armor of Morrsleib, Favor, Halberd, MoK-672

Chaos Sorcerer, Level 2, MoT, Disc, Dispell Scroll, Spell familiar-200

Chaos Sorcerer, Level 2, Book of Secrets,Power Familiar,-170

CORE
20 Marauders, Full Command, Great Weapons, MoK-150

15 Marauders, Full Command, Shields, Light Armor, MoT

15 Chaos Warriors, Full Command, Shields-270

5 Horsemen, Shields, Spears, MoK-100

SPECIAL
5 Knights, Musician, Standard, Mark of Khorne, Warbanner-285

10 Forsaken-180

3 Ogres, Great Weapons, Chaos Armor-150

RARE

2 Chaos Spawn, MoK, MoS-150

PD: 8 DD: 4 DS: 1

So any feedback would be really helpful, i'd like the keep the forsaken, spawn trolls and dragon in the list if possible.

Havock
19-07-2009, 02:05
Only a level 2 and a bound spell?

...I think you might be better of to leave it at a level 1 with two scrolls. Otherwise, take a second Sorcerer with preferably the puppet. 4PD and a bound spell level 3 is quite... Pathetic in 2,5k games. Unless everybody plays that magic-light.

Also; remove the standard from your marauder horsemen, leave it at a musician. Fast cavalry should not have a banner 99% of the time.

On your lord, I'd take the sword of might over the sword of battle. Definately.

NakedBarbarian
19-07-2009, 02:29
if u take throgg your trolls count as core, so you could get rid of one of your marauder units and replace itt with a special or rare choice - personally i love scylla

plus u cant go wrong with hounds - great meat shields, march blockers and door stops - i love using them to shield my knights by charging the hounds asap into my opponents elite unit - even just 1 turn delay will set you up for a brutal charge by your knights - and for 60pts for 10, who cares if they get ripped to shreds?

Acerbus
19-07-2009, 03:00
Thanks for fast replies,
Havock; at first i had another level 2 with book of secrets and power familiar, but i decided if i were to have trolls Ld 8 would be really helpful for stupidity tests. and i will trade out the swords and banner for musician.
NakedBarbarian; right, forgot about the trolls as core. and i do enjoy hounds, and will re-work the list to fit a few in. i'd like to keep the marauders, and it seems my general opponents continue to underestimate them.

Havock
19-07-2009, 12:26
Then focus on defense, most people will have 5+ DD in 2,5k, you'll not dent that a whole lot with 4 PD and a bound spell.