- Manbane
- Additional Hand Weapon

War Hydra 175 pts

War Hydra 175 pts

2250 pts

watcha think?

Cutmasta114
19-07-2009, 19:53
interesting list...will take a lot of finess to play well though. you have no anvil units whatsoever, and as such, will have to make use of a lot of combined charges to break enemies on the charge time after time in order to win...if you move smart (you should just dominate the movement phase) you probably have a good chance of winning just because the enemy won't quite know what to do...i recently played a game where a unit of harpies, a unit of dark riders, and a unit of shades distracted almost half of my enemy's force, and it won the game for me...interesting list.

Deus Mechanicus
24-07-2009, 15:23
Yeah the only thing im a little unsure about is the sorceress, i seem to have nowhere to put it so she'll be forced to go on foot

Kill-Freedom
24-07-2009, 15:33
Friendly dark elf list.............. LOL good one

Seen a list almost the same as this used by a player from the hobby shop i go too, when used correctly, can be very deadly ^^

One thing though, he used 2 Sorceress, for a bit more magic defense :)

Duel hydras is sweet, but maybe consider using them with charoits, instead of the knights

5 Dark Riders, 1 hydra and a charoit on each flank

Also, the banner that gives always strike first, isnt that great on knights, maybe consider the d3 CR banner

willowdark
24-07-2009, 15:46
a lot of people consider it good Stupidity insurance. I like the SoS though personally against undead and Daemons.

You have three units of harpies and 3 DR. Assign one of each as "wing" units to your knights and you should be safe from stupidity. Stupidity happens in the Start of Turn phase, so you'll have your movement phase to get you "wing" units in between your knights and anything that might threaten them if they go stupid.

With a team ushering approach it can be easier to get your knights into combat without fear of loosing them to a bad stupidity roll. In this case, the SoS would be a better banner for them, since they absolutely _do_ suffer most from not breaking on the charge.

And if you can, I'd try to find points for Armour of Darkness on your Dragon Lord. A 1+ armour save will go a long way against the low strength shooters that can get past the Pendant. Not many armies can get a 1+ AS on a Dragon Rider. I'd take advantage of it.

The SkaerKrow
24-07-2009, 16:07
There's nothing at all friendly about this list. For your sake, I hope that your topic title was a jest.