PDA

View Full Version : Landspeeder storm and Ironclad thoughts....

Loki73
19-07-2009, 20:28
I just purchased two of LSS and one IC dred. Gotta say I really like the inclusion of the scouts as passengers. The kit is easy to put together and looks like it will be neat to paint. It does have a few fiddly bits on the passenger compartment that have me saying WTF cause I dont see the point in why they are there. My only grip with the thing is It would have been nice to have something other that a heavy bolter in the kit. IE melta or Azz cannon. Of coarse I have a few in the bits box luckily.

The iron clad is great. I really like this kit, all the arms can be made up and includes two heavy flamers which makes me very happy. The chain fist is a little meh but its doable.

Anyone else looking forward to putting these into action in their army?

I know my Crimson Fist army is gonna be happy. ;)

eltanko
19-07-2009, 20:33
I like the look of the Ironclad, v nice model. not sure on storm though, not sure why, im just not a big fan of the scout models, has kinda put me off it!

ElTanko

only joking...
19-07-2009, 20:52
Really loving the Storm just from the look of the sprues alone...

world in grey
19-07-2009, 21:04
I'm half way through building the first of 3 storms I've brought and I have to say I'm very impressed with it. and for the money its a GW bargin more extras, boxes etc and 6 full figures all for the same price as the original landspeeder

LonelyPath
19-07-2009, 21:29
I really like both kits, though am yet to purchase either. I will be getting a few Iron Clads as I have some spare DCCW arms that will allow me to make up Furioso dreads omfr the kit, making them cheaper than the metal model for them.

As soon as I saw the Strom though I immediately thought up a Sammael conversion, the 3 thrusters and longer chassis is screaming for a Sammael job. Plasticard and a few bits here and there is it'll look very nice. As for the scout parts, I'd likely sell them.

Killgore
19-07-2009, 22:58
I own 106 Scout models, Ill needa few Storm's at some point, but its the Ironclad dreadnought that has me excited, all the weapon options with easily changable arms and looks double cool! Iv been after a FW drill arm for ages, and the Ironclad's seismic arm comes a close second.

40k Boy
19-07-2009, 23:10
The storm looks great, though i'm not sure i really like the concept of a scout transporting fast skimmer.

Mannimarco
19-07-2009, 23:28
The storm looks great, though i'm not sure i really like the concept of a scout transporting fast skimmer.

its a great concept i think, your average scout isnt going to last long so these things i see as objective grabbers, theyre open topped so i can see them holding back then speeding up and dropping their troops in the last turn

40k Boy
19-07-2009, 23:32
its a great concept i think, your average scout isnt going to last long so these things i see as objective grabbers, theyre open topped so i can see them holding back then speeding up and dropping their troops in the last turn

Aren't scouts not supposed to be all sneaky and stealthy though? In one of these i picture them handbrake turning all over the place like Chavs in an ASDA car park :)

Havock
19-07-2009, 23:46
Aren't scouts not supposed to be all sneaky and stealthy though? In one of these i picture them handbrake turning all over the place like Chavs in an ASDA car park :)

That or going a "Xeno/heretic/traitor don't surf" airborne insertion up your opponent's hind quarters.

Mannimarco
19-07-2009, 23:47
scouts are indeed sneaky but remember, even those sneaky little recon units still need transport into a warzone, somthing that can move in fast, drop them off and get out again, waiting for the signal to go in and pick them up again

and this is going to be a better method of insertion than those scout bike squads

EDIT: dang i got ninjad

40k Boy
20-07-2009, 00:42
and this is going to be a better method of insertion than those scout bike squads

EDIT: dang i got ninjad

That is indeed very true.

Loki73
20-07-2009, 01:43
I like the scout bikes...rapid firing blast mmmm tasty. Or Krak. Its to bad the storm doesn't come in squadrons.

Nakor
20-07-2009, 02:20
im just not a big fan of the scout models, has kinda put me off it!

ElTanko

i want either untill i thought of putting regular marine helmets on them. now i love them.

BrotherMoses
20-07-2009, 02:53
Storm = HOORAY!
ironclad = Boo! I <3 my furioso. :(

Serebrate
20-07-2009, 02:58
Hey, maybe you guys can help me.

Are there Raven Guard transfers in that box? The pictures on the site and boxart makes me think there will be.

Cry of the Wind
20-07-2009, 03:02
Hey, maybe you guys can help me.

Are there Raven Guard transfers in that box? The pictures on the site and boxart makes me think there will be.

Negative on the Raven Guard. It just came with the old Marine transfer sheet.

I found building the storm to be fairly easy with only the bench seats giving me any problems since I followed the instructions and put them in after putting the hull together.

My biggest problem now is converting the crew into Inquisitorial Stormtroopers...

Serebrate
20-07-2009, 03:04
Wait, Raven Guard had transfer sheets at one point?

Cry of the Wind
20-07-2009, 03:09
Old as in not a new one with Raven Guard, that would be new as it doesn't exist as far as I know. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

archie-d
20-07-2009, 08:04
i built my own storm out of a left over land speeder earlier in the year but always planned to pick up a second when the kit eventually got released, im just shocked it only comes with a h. bolter. i know its no great shakes to dig out a heavy flamer from somewhere (especially when i also play witchhunters) but it seems really odd to me, seeing as GW have been moving towards plastic kits with lots of options in.

As for the ironclad, i was totally nonplussed until i saw the hurricane bolters option. mmm