PDA

View Full Version : Overrun move?

Orqui007
19-07-2009, 21:38
Hi to all this little problem arise last game.

Army involved:Bretonnian vs lizardmen

My opponent terradon charge my mounted yeomen who reacted with a hold.

In the magic phase my opponent activate the engine of the gods he use the power that do 1d6 no armor save at 2d6 inch my yeomen are caught in the blast and are wiped.

In the combat phase the terradon have no more enemies to fight and my question is do they(the terradon) get an overrun move even if they did not fight in the close combat phase

thx orqui007

theunwantedbeing
19-07-2009, 21:42
Yes they do get an overrun move, at the very end of the combat phase.

They charged that turn and there are no enemies left by the end of the close combat phase, so they are entitled to an overrun move. Fighting a round of combat isnt nessecary to be granted an overrun move.

May seem a bit bizarre but the turn system is only representing what happens.
Unit's dont actually take it in turns to shoot at each other and such.

Tuch
19-07-2009, 22:14
Yes they do get an overrun move, at the very end of the combat phase.

They charged that turn and there are no enemies left by the end of the close combat phase, so they are entitled to an overrun move.

Really, even though they never conducted a combat phase they get to overrun?

I ask because I had a very similar instance this weekend. I had a unit rear charge a unit that only had 2 models is the last rank. The same unit was affected by the EotG thereby removing those 2 models. Since there was no longer base to base contact between the 2 units, and it happened before the combat phase began they couldn't fight as they don't get to maintain base to base contact as the would if the models were killed in hand to hand. Right?

The next turn that rear charged unit did a 180 turn then used Van Helsig to charge my unit. If they were allowed an overrun the whole thing would have gone much differently.

nosferatu1001
20-07-2009, 03:09
Yes, youg et to overrun

For the second occasion you should have moved up to maintain combat, same way as for any other shooting related damage.