PDA

View Full Version : [1000] high elf

jigplums
05-01-2006, 17:24
HIGH ELF

[197] Landoros Lvl 2 Mage, silver wand, seer, elven steed with barding.
[180] Aerialle Lvl 2 Mage, annulian crystal, channeler

[138]6 silver helms, hvy armour, shield
[275]20 Spearmen, musician, standard bearer, Champion, WARBANNER

[100] Repeater Bolt Thrower
[100] Repeater Bolt Thrower

This is a list i've made baring in mind the models i actually have. is it anygood?
Tactics are to use the boltthrowers and mages to force the enemy to come to me, soak up any charges with the spears, and counter charge or go hunting with the silver helms.
What do you think?
Also the seer with silver wand, what spell decks spells should i consider? I was thinking shadow with Unseen lurker, creeping death and either pelt of midnight or pit of shades.

Major Defense
05-01-2006, 21:18
Also the seer with silver wand, what spell decks spells should i consider? I was thinking shadow with Unseen lurker, creeping death and either pelt of midnight or pit of shades.

God bless you, child! Finally, someone posts an army with the Seer honor and not only doesn't put it on a mage but also states specific intent to use it to get tactically advantageous spells! Perhaps the Channeler honor would be better with Seer?

The only other advice I'd offer is to get a chariot or two involved in this. Charging with a unit of Silver Helms AND a chariot is very effective. Maybe drop a Silver Helm (down to 5) and four spearmen to help afford it.

Eldacar
06-01-2006, 00:27
I'd drop the RBT's in favour of two Eagles and get a Chariot, myself (although this might not be viable given what you have available to you). With the points left over, you wouldn't need to remove any of your Silver Helms (if you go with Major Defence's suggestion). Because you seem to have an overwhelming lack of support units, I would strongly suggest that you try to get some (hence, the Eagles and Chariot suggestion).

I would also say that if you're using Seer, then you shouldn't need to take the Silver Wand. Seer lets you choose your spells, so the Silver Wand isn't of much use (you probably won't have the Power Dice available most of the time to cast that extra spell), and if you drop it, then you will be able to add in a Dispel Scroll to your mage.

jigplums
06-01-2006, 00:53
very good point as to dropping silver wand i had just come to that conclusion myself when looking through the lores, and each time getting to the point where i'm looking at the third spell, wondering what would i take. Have just bought 1 eagle, with another available to borrow until i get another, so will be swaping the rbt's over freeing up 100 points. My main opp's atm are going to be woodelf and empire, both shooting heavy, hence i think the chariots may not be so great in the force. How about Shadow warriors? They seem to open up some interesting options for harrasement, messing with marching or warmachines.

Lord Anathir
06-01-2006, 02:15
id drop the RBT for some auxillery stuff as well. charoits sound great.

Eldacar
06-01-2006, 08:49
My main opp's atm are going to be woodelf and empire, both shooting heavy, hence i think the chariots may not be so great in the force. How about Shadow warriors? They seem to open up some interesting options for harrasement, messing with marching or warmachines.
Your chariots have an 18" charge range, so they shouldn't take too much damage if you're careful with them. You might encounter problems against the Wood Elves with their moving trees, though.

Shadow Warriors are all right for warmachine hunting and screening, but as for march-blocking and harassment, Eagles will trump them every time. If you're going to take a unit of them, I'd go with about six or so.

jigplums
06-01-2006, 14:33
[197] Landoros Lvl 2 Mage, dispell scroll, seer, elven steed with barding.
[180] Aerialle Lvl 2 Mage, annulian crystal, channeler,[pure of heart]

[158]5 silver helms, hvy armour, shield, champion, std, [Banner of ellyrion]
[239]19 Spearmen, musician, standard bearer, Champion,

6 shadow warriors 90
tiranoc chariot 85

Eagle 50

Hows it look now?

Major Defense
06-01-2006, 15:02
[197] Landoros Lvl 2 Mage, dispell scroll, seer, elven steed with barding.
[180] Aerialle Lvl 2 Mage, annulian crystal, channeler,[pure of heart]

[158]5 silver helms, hvy armour, shield, champion, std, [Banner of ellyrion]
[239]19 Spearmen, musician, standard bearer, Champion,

6 shadow warriors 90
tiranoc chariot 85

Eagle 50

Hows it look now?

Much better! I'd drop a Shadow Warrior(984), pick up a Spearman(995) and swap the banner of Ellyrion for the War Banner(1000). But that's just me and you've made some serious headway in improving this list already.

jigplums
06-01-2006, 16:16
actually thats exactly what i plan to do in most games, but my next one is going to be vs woodies so i think the banner of ellyrion will be very welcome.

Try falling back through woods now ;)