PDA

View Full Version : Liers, and Ogres, and Mercs, OH MY!

Charistoph
20-07-2009, 04:46
What armies are improved by either Dogs of War or Ogre Mercenaries?

Which armies are they less-effective for?

The Red Scourge
20-07-2009, 06:02
None and all.

Condottiere
20-07-2009, 08:15
It depends on what deficiencies those armies have that need compensating.

ZeroTwentythree
20-07-2009, 16:32
There is almost always something better in every core army list than you can find in the entirety of the DoW lists.

Frequent complaints are things like VC or Chaos taking cannons. The twofold failure of that argument is that those armies are built around other strengths, and in order to take DoW, you are giving up other options in the army book.

Charistoph
21-07-2009, 06:34
Out of the armies that you play, is there DoW you use, or would like to use?

Is there a unit you wish was DoW to put in your army (Daemons and Undead don't count)?

Warhammer Madman
21-07-2009, 07:19
I would happily include a giant in my army...

sadly being a bretonian means that im way to pompous to even consider it:(

Jind_Singh
21-07-2009, 07:23
I'm a puriest (if it's even spelt that way)
I like, actually love, the idea of Dogs of War - but as an independant complete merc force, not just a few units under the command of an army.
Actually having said that I really loved the olde 3rd edition empire - they could take ogres, halflings, and empire dwarves as part of their own list - not as allies - and it was magnificant! Not that I did, but it made so much sense in the fluff they had for them.
But as for DoW - for me it's all about the crazy human units, those guys with pikes, the birdmen, the galloping guns, the crossbows with cool looking siege sheilds - but to name a few!

Condottiere
21-07-2009, 07:36
I would happily include a giant in my army...

sadly being a bretonian means that im way to pompous to even consider it:(That's because your Knights keep on using the poor gentle Giant for tilting practice.