PDA

View Full Version : Starship troopers: LAMI!!

Scotty
05-01-2006, 21:07
These are the new LAMI (Light Armour Mobile Infantry) that are being released for starship troopers, and might I say they look awesome!!:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/Yorah/Starship%20Troopers/sstlightmi.jpg

Also they are only 15 for twenty metal LAMI.

Pretty cool no?

Cheers
Scotty

Frecus
05-01-2006, 21:18
Whoah! That DOES look cool!

I can see IG sales dropping!

Frecus
The glade wanderer
Madwarrior

Chaos and Evil
05-01-2006, 21:29
Sorry, they look deformed.

mujadaddy
05-01-2006, 21:52
Cool yes! :D

malika
05-01-2006, 22:29
The first Starship Trooper models I seem to appreciate...still not equal or superior to GW or Darkson quality, but they are getting there:)

KingNic
05-01-2006, 22:53
Hell yes!

MUCH better than the plastic ones. Given how much better the SST models look in person, these will be awesome.

worldshatterer
06-01-2006, 12:37
I'm with chaos and evil on this one, they look deformed- still better looking than the originally planned plastics .

colhodg
06-01-2006, 17:56
15 quid for these is a steal - they look really good and the painting actually does the figures a bit of justice now. I'm tempted now - have heard good things about the rules and the actual arachnid models are pretty good too.

And who wouldn't want two nice looking Guard squads in metal for 15? - that's cheaper than ebay!

Crazy Harborc
06-01-2006, 20:16
I see rebels!! I see them for SsT's or 40K's worlds;) I see intermixed units fighting against their oppressors be they bugs OR an empire!

Ozorik
06-01-2006, 20:53
The remind me of RT era guardsmen but for 15 for 20 whos going to complain? :)

Hercco
06-01-2006, 22:02
Wow! Those not perfect but for 15, hell yeah! I predict a lot of IG armies with SST models. Way to go Mongoose!

KingNic
06-01-2006, 23:57
Keep in mind that these minis are in a realistic scale guys, they're not heroic scale. If you're used to 40k then they will look a little deformed.

And as a rule, SST miniatures ALWAYS look better in person.

Tyra_Nid
07-01-2006, 06:49
Wow, they look much better than the last batch they had, which were retarded...

Half Eldar
08-01-2006, 20:37
Nice. For $25 CDN at my FLGS, it's a fantastic deal.

Consider:
20 metal infantry from Mongoose
20 plastic infantry (Easterlings or Uruks, maybe Gondorians?)

Since I don't mind which material, both are a good deal, as these things go. Of course they look deformed to some. That's because they don't have heads the size of their torso like heroic scale stuff.

Agamemnon2
11-01-2006, 18:02
I dislike the sergeant guy with the bare arm, there's something odd about his upraised hand. At that price, the set is a steal, although the circumstances surrounding its creation might make that word a literal reality (for those who don't know it, Mongoose was set to make the LAMI in plastic, but their subcontractor failed to produce suitable quality, so they axed the project, but honored the promised price for the boxed set, despite switching to metal).

lupus
12-01-2006, 09:18
15 quid for these is a steal - they look really good and the painting actually does the figures a bit of justice now. I'm tempted now - have heard good things about the rules and the actual arachnid models are pretty good too.

Thats down to the fact that they have a really good studio painter now..

Check out his website for some of his older stuff...

http://www.chaos-child.co.uk/

shaw3029
19-01-2006, 15:26
I Saw the Starship troopers game, But like most people thought the mobile infantry looked a bit crappy.
But I decided since the bugs looked so good it was worth it. But Once you get the models close up they look amazing, there diffrent to warhammer but easily match up.
I havnt got any of these guys yet, but trust me up close they should look wicked.
Im gonna get me a set of these when the viking drop ship comes out, and with some of the platform builder kits you could easily make an outpost like the film.

Hlokk
19-01-2006, 16:25
personally im looking forward to plastic/metal skinnies to use as mercinaries

also, for all you IG drop troop fans, the viking dropship is due for release this year

Crazy Harborc
19-01-2006, 23:52
I do plan to sneak in some "other" space cadets into SsT battles. I plan to use MIs against some "other companies" space monkies.

Might as well.........40K's dead around my table.

General Veers
30-01-2006, 00:09
I just got my first box of Ligth Infantry and...

WOW! :eek:

This is one great deal. Aside from the cheap price, they are also very, very well cast.

I sat down to work on them, pulled out my xacto knife and my clips, opened the box, pulled out the miniatures and then placed my clip aside, I didn't need it. No big slags of metal anywhere. The xacto knife was hardly used. I only needed it on one female model and what I think is the Sgt. The guy running with his arm up.

Otherwise, all I had to do was glue them to the bases. Heck, the bases came separate so I didn't have to clip them off. ;)

Personally I don't care that they're not all different poses and not plastic. I will be able to put together a full company of MI (including a Captain) with minimal effort to assemble them. At my age and point in life (38, w/ wife and two kids, job that requires much time) these are perfect for me. They paint up quickly too. :)

my_name_is_tudor
06-02-2006, 22:03
mongoose just went up a notch on my 40kcompetitometer.

Eduard
09-02-2006, 17:29
Those guys sure look nice, now I might actually be bother to play a demo game or 2 somewhere.

emperorpenguin
17-02-2006, 20:16
personally im looking forward to plastic/metal skinnies to use as mercinaries

like these guys?

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/product_images/full_size/sstskinnieraiders.jpg

Sgt Whiskey Swiper
20-02-2006, 21:21
The new Skinnies will be out at Salute in London soon enough, looking forward to the dynamic new range...

~Swipe.

Reabe
20-02-2006, 22:08
Well, I won't be playing 40k now that there's this range, and that there's a place nearby that I can buy this stuff!

emperorpenguin
22-02-2006, 01:03
and pics of the in-progress Skinnie heavy soldiers!

emperorpenguin
23-02-2006, 18:45
more skinnie soldiers, painted this time...

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/product_images/full_size/sstskinsoldiersbattle.jpg

emperorpenguin
25-02-2006, 02:29
and more photos of Skinnie soldiers

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/product_images/full_size/sstskinsoldiersbattle2.jpg

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/product_images/full_size/sstskinsoldiers.jpg

Frecus
25-02-2006, 13:22
Those skinnies look seriously cool!

Mongoose is serious competition for GW these days!

Frecus
The glade wanderer
Madwarrior

emperorpenguin
25-02-2006, 13:27
I hope so, I've no desire or interest in seeing GW "fall" but boy do they need a good kick up the backside in terms of competition, they've enjoyed a virtual monopoly too long

golemg ames
22-03-2006, 08:34
very nice figures, there's a lot of animation without becoming cartoony

militaryfanatik
10-04-2006, 06:41
I love the SST figs. Just got into the game and my local store doesnt resupp;y because it didnt take off there so I have pretty muched cleaned it out. I have a few buddies that where there when it started and still have armies so I am trying to boost this back up and with all these new, awesome models it just keeps me going. I also like the fact that this is my faorite book, the CGI was awesome and now I have SST stuff that is just awesome.

slaughteredbull
10-04-2006, 09:36
Sorry, they look deformed.

O rcould it possibly be the fact that your used to looking at GW super deformed models and these actually look realistic

neXus6
10-04-2006, 11:48
Certainly for that price from a company that doesn't have access to GW level model production process, even in plastic it would be a better price. If the company manages to hold it's self together for a couple of years we could see some real competiton, maybe not on production scale but on price and almost on quality.

I must say I have never liked the Skinnies, bloody stupid looking things, if I was going to play SST then it would be for Humans and Bugs not those ugly freak looking things. :p

Brandir
18-04-2006, 09:34
SST seems to be gathering a bit of momentum at the moment. After the first initial release a lots of traders bought into the system but dumped it due to poor sales. Those that persevered are now reaping the rewards for their efforts and are finding that SST is a good seller.

These new minis are extremely good. They are even tempting me into buying some and giving the game a go.

I'm off to Salute next week; the Mongoose stand will certainly get my attention.