PDA

View Full Version : DE vs WoC - 2000 point list

kaubin
21-07-2009, 00:09
I'm going to be playing my third game with my Dark Elves tomorrow, and since i'm new my opponent gave me the head's up that he would use an all mounted Warriors of Chaos army with Dragon Ogres. Just because I know that doesn't mean i'm going to go out and buy 4 Repeater Bolt Throwers to win a game, i've decided to try and make an effective list with the units I have, and try to make everything tough enough to hold up against his troops.

Here is the list I put together:

Characters

Supreme Sorc. Lvl 4 (260)
Dark Pegasus (50)
Black Staff (55)
Pendant of Khaeleh (35)
TOTAL 390

Cauldron of Blood (200)
TOTAL 200

Death Hag BSB (115)
Banner of Hag Graef (35)
Rune of Khaine (25)
Manbane (25)
TOTAL 200

Assassin (90)
Additional Hand Weapon (6)
Rending Stars (30)
Manbane (25)
TOTAL 151

Characters 941

Core

5 Dark Riders (85)
RxBs (25)
Musician (7)
TOTAL 117

5 Dark Riders (85)
RxBs (25)
Musician (7)
TOTAL 117

10 Crossbowmen (100)
TOTAL 100

Core 334

Special

11 Witch Elves (110)
Full Command (25)
Banner of Murder (25)
TOTAL 160

5 Cold One Knights (135)
Full Command (40)
Standard of Slaughter (35)
Null Talisman (15)
TOTAL 225

9 Shades (144)
Great Weapon (18)
TOTAL 162

Special 547

Rare

War Hydra 175

Rare 175

TOTAL 1997

Here is the list. The Cauldron so far made it's points back in every game I fielded it when my opponent under estimated the power of 13 poisonous attack and a 4+ ward, which drove me to buy a Witch Elf unit. Unfortunately, last game they got charged and didn't get many hits to respond with. I'm aware that giving them the standard adds 200 points, but I think the extra attacks over Black Guards will help when combined with the Cauldron's death blow blessing against Chaos Knights, and that the extra attacks with poison will be brutal against Dragon Ogres, in both cases if they strike first. On top of that, the Death Hag can pump up to 9 strength 6 always strike first attacks with her combination depending on her challenger's toughness, which sort of makes up for the lost points in having her be the Witch Elves' babysitter. I plan to shield them with the Hydra, running away through my unit when they charge the Hydra. My Supreme Sorceress is going to stock up on ignore-armour spells, and i'm still debating wether or not I want to give the assassin the Cloak of Twilight to harass their troops with the Rendering Stars, and just hanging in back of his troops shooting out 3 strength 3 hits instead of staying hidden until I get charged. If I did that I might decide to nvm the great weapons on the shades.

What do you guys think? Could be an interesting list? Do you think it has a chance against a knight only Chaos Army?

kaubin
22-07-2009, 04:16
update - I played tonight and this list gave my troops the boost that they needed to go head to head with his knights. Death Hags have never let me down and this was no exception. She overkilled in a challenge against the BSB of the Chaos Knights that charged me. Even the Sorceress made her points back killing a bunch of knights and a Daemon Prince, as well as providing magic defense. The Cauldron is what turned the tide in most battles, very awesome.

I took out 2 Chaos Knight units and a Dragon Ogre Unit with my Witch elves unit and Cold One Knight units.

BTW I decided to never mind the great weapon on the shades and went for a flying assassin instead, which was sweet, but he definately didnt do as much as hoped with 3 strength 6 ninja stars a turn.

Cutmasta114
22-07-2009, 04:55
i for one am impressed with the build on your witch elves--it's very innovative. i would normally have said go executioners, and give them the +1 a from the cauldron, but witch elves are significantly cheaper and if you roll well for KB can just as easily kill things like chaos knights.

overall it looks like a solid list, and you took units that i would take against WOC (shades with GW, hydra, CoKs). you may want to try running a similar thing against all comers and seeing what it may be weak against (i feel like you might struggle with shooty shooty armies, but who doesn't). i'd love to see a battle report, and really have to say again that i like this list a lot--it's shed some new light on the army for me.

kaubin
23-07-2009, 04:24
Thanks for the compliments. I'm hoping to run this again next veterans night, hopefully replacing the assassin with 2 Repeater Bolt Throwers, but i'm not sure yet. I should have a battle report up in a few days, I just finished my Tomb Kings battle report, and this one is next on the list.

r3flexx
23-07-2009, 05:47
I've never heard of a build of anything like this. Now my only experience so far for whfb is batreps, but taking only expensive units for core and no BG DE's is something I am completely interested in seeing how the army was doing with the batrep

dapredator66
27-07-2009, 15:34
Thanks for the compliments. I'm hoping to run this again next veterans night, hopefully replacing the assassin with 2 Repeater Bolt Throwers, but i'm not sure yet. I should have a battle report up in a few days, I just finished my Tomb Kings battle report, and this one is next on the list.

What a coincidence! I was your opponent! lol!

It was great playing against you even thought I lost. I made lots of errors and WoC are not an army where you can afford to do that. It was fun nevertheless! If you need it, I can give you my list for your battle report.

If you had 2 repeater bolt throwers last game you would have tear my 2 units of knights to shreds.