PDA

View Full Version : 1k deamons of chaos (imput welcome) revised

nazgor
21-07-2009, 11:34
Heres a list i came up with as my new army coming back to fantasy, a 1000 pts army that will be facing lizardmen , Vamps, high elves, chaos warriors.
Any imput is welcomed :)

_ _ _ _ _

Herald of Tzeentch @ 140 pts
power vortex
_ _ _ _ _

15 bloodletters @ 210 pts
full comand

15 bloodletters @ 210 pts
full comand

16 pink horrors @ 222 pts
full comand
lvl 2 wizard

_ _ _ _ _

3 flamers of tzeentch @ 105 pt

_ _ _ _ _

withe the remaing points i have no clue what to spend it on i have 108 points to play with , any views?

Wednesday Friday Addams
21-07-2009, 11:41
I really don't see the point of blue scribe in this list.

nazgor
21-07-2009, 11:43
i chose it for its ability to generate free power dice.

Wednesday Friday Addams
21-07-2009, 11:46
You don't need anymore power dice unless you just want to miscast more. Your herald can't really use the advantage of blue scribe with just two spells. Plus 6 power dice at level one is a good amount.

nazgor
21-07-2009, 11:52
well ive took out the scribe an added 6 more horrors to make the unit an lvl 2 see how that works out

Wednesday Friday Addams
21-07-2009, 11:58
Personally I think your troops are asking to have their banners taken away and they seem to lack purpose apart from gap filling. You need to strengthen them up or focus more on one thing.
Dare I say multiple units of horrors if you want to be magic heavy?
Also drop pyro for points he isn't worth it in my opinion.

azindal
21-07-2009, 13:21
Personally I think your troops are asking to have their banners taken away and they seem to lack purpose apart from gap filling. You need to strengthen them up or focus more on one thing.
Dare I say multiple units of horrors if you want to be magic heavy?
Also drop pyro for points he isn't worth it in my opinion.

Have to agree with the banners point, that 300Vp's running around in small units, Alot to loose in a 1k game :skull:

Jind_Singh
21-07-2009, 17:15
A really solid 1000 pt list I've come up with was:

HoK - Jugger, firestorm blade, armour of Khorne
11 Bloodletters, FC

HoT, power vortex
10 horrors, std bearer, icon that gives +1 to casting for horrors only

6 Furies
2 Fiends
3 bases of Nurglings

You have an awesome combat unit in the form of bloodletters, a great flanking unit with the fiends, scouts with nurglings, warhmachine hunters with furies, and magic casting delight with the Tzeentch.

Bloodletters without even a basic herald of khorne are tricky - with only 1 attack each you really need that hatred to make them count - especially if someone charges you, toughness 3 means not too many attacks back!

So my advice is to drop 1 unit of bloodletters to allow better support - either a herald of khorne or a unit of something else - fleshounds, seekers, anything you feel will give you a tactical edge.
Have fun!