PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Lords and Heroes

Blaklabel
21-07-2009, 15:27
I enjoy my 2000-3000 pt games. So much so that I usually don't mind losing pretty bad (Which I do a lot). In my 2000 pt list I run a Grey Seer and Chieftain BSB and then all the warlocks I can take. In 3000 pts I run a Seer on the Bell with another Seer on foot, then BSB and 3 Warlock Engies. Now I've won two games with my Skaven in the past 10 or 15 games. Once against O&G and the other against Dwarves (Storm Banner and Plague hurt them a lot). I usually only win with great luck so I was thinking about taking a Warlord in my lists and have Engies be my main magic. Another option I was looking into was doing a clan list, most likely Eshin.

Here's my problem, I can't figure out a good build for my Warlord. So I was wondering what do you usually take on a Warlord to make him good and which Lords and Heroes do you usually take in 2000-3000 pt Skaven lists.

EndlessBug
21-07-2009, 15:54
I don't have skaven so I'm speaking objectively here.

Good for you for getting away from the cookie cutter Magic spam Skaven.

Warlords with a decent magic basis can take bands of power effectively, alongside the 4+ ward item and the +2 St. You'll have a 4+ save, 4+ ward, 4 S6/S10 attacks. He'll still be effective without the bands of power, but the bands just make him sick.

for 2k, a warlord (as above), BSB, 2 Engies with storm demon and 2/3 scrolls should be ample.

3k, same as above +grey seer and maybe 1 more engineer.

p.s. Not sure on what magic armour Skaven have, consider dropping the +2 St weapon for a great weapon and more defensive items.

king.rat
21-07-2009, 16:19
warlord, heavy armour, enchanted shield= 106 points.
cheap an cheerfull. Also gives you 90 points left over to customise weapons and other gubbins to whatever you face. e.g= my favourite is the desolate blade as the bands of power can be dispelled quite effectively by the scaly ones and the dead things without making too much of a dent in thier dice.

matticusmaximus
21-07-2009, 21:03
The warlord I run, and that a lot of other players probably run, is as such:

Warlord w/ Weeping Blade, Bands of Power, Warpstone Amulet, heavy armor, shield

This gives him a 3+ save in CC with a 4+ ward, and he's tossing out (if the bands of power go off, shouldn't be a problem with a grey seer and a bunch of warlocks) 4 S10 attacks that will multiply into D3 wounds each. Makes for a nasty surprise.

Freman Bloodglaive
22-07-2009, 03:44
Although I don't play Skaven I like Matticus's combination.

I wouldn't like being on the receiving end though.

Kayosiv
22-07-2009, 03:55
Just to point out, that warlord build is fine, but you do not get the +1 parry bonus to your armor rating in close combat if you employ a magical weapon.

Blaklabel
23-07-2009, 04:47
Just to point out, that warlord build is fine, but you do not get the +1 parry bonus to your armor rating in close combat if you employ a magical weapon.

Nevermind.

Foegnasher
23-07-2009, 04:50
personally, i like the warlord, heavy armor, and shield for 99 points.

then put him in the back of a unit and make sure he never sees combat.

you dont want him fighting where he can get killed anyway.