PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Empire list

Tylorr
21-07-2009, 15:10
Ok, so here I am at work and get a text there is a tourny happening today! Now I don't like 1500 point army builds but like heck I'm going to miss out. This is what I gots so far which seems fine to me but any thoughts/concerns are greatly appreciated.

Captain of the Empire
sword of sigismund, full plate, sheild, barded warhorse

25 Swordsmen
musician, standard, 10 handgunners detachment

25 Swordsmen

25 Swordsmen

10 Handgunners
marksmen, hochland long rifle

6 Knights of the Inner Circle
full command, steel standard

2 Great Cannnons

Now I know it may seem like alot of shooting but I am well aware there will be at least 3 WoC players and the -2AS is just to good to pass up.

warap
21-07-2009, 15:34
its cool but ur missing some magic defence IMO....

Jind_Singh
21-07-2009, 15:51
The main issue I see is that your combat units lack their detachments - yes I know you took handgunners but they will just be sitting around and shooting at stuff - you have no unit that can actually take on the elites of other armies due to lack of static combat res.
Why not....(and of course it depends on your models, whats painted) take......

Drop the 10 man handgunner unit - you have 30 more from detachments (belive me thats plenty) and split it into 2 10 man detachments of more swordsmen, halberdiers, etc, for the parent units of swordsman - that way you have 2 units with combat detachments.
This will allow you to have aggressive gameplay as you can quite happily march forwards knowing that you can always counter charge.

I would also be tempted to swap out your captin for a warrior priest with VH speclum as it gives:

1) An extra dispel die
2) A character who can take on the nasty characters of other armies and actually take them down!

A single captin, while cheap and cheerfull, simply hasnt got the same value for money as the warrior priest.

And as it's only 1500 pts I'd also be inclined to drop one unit of swordsmen - as only 2 would have combat detachments if you follow the above advice, and take a unit of pistolliers or outriders - though pistols would be better. Any points saved could grab you upgrades on other units or another warmachine, etc, etc.

Theres no point behind a big 25 man unit if it's not got the proper detachment set-up.

And for sure lose the 10 handgunners - 1500 pts means most likely you will be playing a 4 by 4 table, theres not enough frontage to even bring all your guns to bear!

Well thats my 2 pennies worth of advice, dont forget to go the general warhammer discussion and vote for your all time classic fantasy army line up of all time!

Caboose123
22-07-2009, 01:46
Sry, I know I'm late, but for future reference, my thoughts on this list...
(Although Jind has the right idea...)

This is what I gots so far which seems fine to me but any thoughts/concerns are greatly appreciated.

Many, as you will see! :p

Captain of the Empire
sword of sigismund, full plate, sheild, barded warhorse

Lacking Characters? Here I would suggest a BSB with Armour of Iron and a Great Weapon, and someone with Van Horstmann's (Or lots of defensive gear), and a scroll caddy for defense (Lv1,2x Scrolls, thats it)

25 Swordsmen

25 Swordsmen

25 Swordsmen

Ouch, 40 handgunners! Jind was right though, you need combat detachments to negate ranks and give you some chance of winning through combat resolution. Combat Detachments are best like this: 10 (5x2) or 9 (3x3) either Halberdiers or Free Company. Otherwise these units are fine, you could ditch 1 unit though, if you need extra points.

10 Handgunners
marksmen, hochland long rifle

As an aside, a nice tactic is spamming Hochland Long Rifles, its helpful against mages in units in particular, but it would be costly.

6 Knights of the Inner Circle
full command, steel standard

A nice Hammer unit, intending to flank something that hits the swordsmen and is held? I might point out though, you have nothing to deal with enemy flankers (Other than handgunners). I'm not sure just how needed something would be though...
EDIT: To elaborate, as a (small?) shooting army you could easily play a refused flank.

2 Great Cannnons

2 a bit many for 1500? At 1500 1 can deal with monsters, the other could be replaced with a Helblaster, it could still deal with Monsters, but would do just as well against enemy units (Though for it you would need to play a sit-back-and-shoot army, which I'm assuming this is.).

Now I know it may seem like alot of shooting but I am well aware there will be at least 3 WoC players and the -2AS is just to good to pass up.

Its a nice army, I'm impressed by how much you fit into 1500 actually. It has a few flaws, the biggest is dealing with a unit that held from your swordsmen and knights. After those 2 hit it you have few options remaining, still, this should be a small worry.

(Again, sorry I'm late :()

Tylorr
22-07-2009, 13:18
Thanks for all the input, I actually did not change anything and ended up taking best general in the tourny. Luckily for me it was not that big of a gathering, Emprire (me), DE, 2 WoC, O@G, Brettonia, and a VC.
First game was against WoC: Now just seeing this guy deploy I knew I had the win, only four blocks of troops which included knights, 2 blocks of warriors, and marauders with of course a hero on a jugger.
1st Turn, I barely move my troops forward, shoot cannons, blow up guy on jugger ;) cause quite a few causalties in some warriors.
2nd Turn. This is the turn I pretty much win, I move knights towards the right table edge to begin what I think is gunna be a flank charge. Unknown to even me though is that when it gets to my shooting phase... Well lets just say he was not very happy with his AS and yeah that was pretty much it. So of course I was happy with my first game.
I will post the reminder of the games later today, but i actually got some work to do today.