PDA

View Full Version : Need inspiration for HE lists: please show me the best ones you have

innerwolf
21-07-2009, 16:28
Hi, on a not-so-distant future I could begin building a 2000 points HE army. This time I would want to have a solid list before buying the models, as I don't want to end with units I won't use.
So, I thought you could help me showing some list you have used/faced and worked well( I'm not asking for cheese/optimized lists, only for reasonably competitive ones).

I would like to play an infantry heavy army, with cavalry/chariot support. I will be using the list with my WE background, as a "defenders of winter" army. The feel will be inspired on the Haldir's elves on Helm's Deep battle( LOTR The Two towers movie). So elite infantry clad in heavy armour is wanted and wellcomed.

I don't want to use SC if I can avoid it, and I would prefer to not use a Dragon Lord.

So, could you please enlighten me?

WhiteKnight
21-07-2009, 16:37
Infantry heavy is my specialty! First list is a balanced list, second one is my deadly list.

Prince:armor of caledor, vambraces of defence, great weapon
Mage:level 2, silver wand, ring of fury
Mage:level 2, 1 dispel scroll, jewel of the dusk

2 units of 15 spearmen w/ banner (cheap core)

Swordmasters:20, full command, banner of arcane protection
White Lions:20, full command
Phoenix Guard:20, full command

2 bolt throwers

Balanced and can hit well in combat. Feel free to revamp the elite infantry to how you want them.

2nd list is deadly in the magic phase and the combat phase.

Archmage:Vortex shard, level 4, dispel scroll
Mage:level 2, silver wand, ring of fury
Mage:level 2, jewel of the dusk, dispel scroll
Noble:Great weapon, armor of caledor

2 units of 15 spearmen w/banners

Swordmasters:20, full command
WhiteLions:20, full command, lion banner
2 lion chariots

innerwolf
21-07-2009, 16:41
I like a lot how the second one sounds, as I love lion chariots.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Let's see those other list out there ;)

Highlander
21-07-2009, 17:42
I“ll put here the two list that i use and give-me much more victorys than defeats.

first -

Teclis -

5-phoenix guard with banner of sorcery - to protect teclis against ranged atacks and possibēle fast minis that come on

Caradryn - Goes in a troop of 15 White lions with full comand - banner of lions -good troop to fight against monsters

14 - Swordmaster of hoeth full comand - in rank of 7 units. - very destructive in close combat against any other troop - 15 atacks str 5 with always strike first

2 repeater bolt thrower

15 -spearmem - banner + musician
15 -spearmen - banner + musician

well, this list i“m having trouble to deafeat a 2 stegadon with slan army, but with all others i had a good result.
--------------------------------

The other one is a death star army - Usully i lost all my army but the formation of death star still alive - and how the formation is more than a half of my formation, i get the vitory in most of cases.

Tyrion
Caradryan
Noble with bsb + armour of caledor + guardian phoenix + great weapon

all goes inside of a 17 troop of phoenix guard with full comand

MAge lv1 with anulian cristal

14 swordmasters of hoeth with full comand - banner of arcane protection

5 dragon princes

15-spearmen- musican and banner

10 archers

The main formation os very very hard to kill, i played several times and one time a friend of my is be able to kill all pieces in formation.

Witchblade
21-07-2009, 18:14
There's always the notorious Teclis + 3 mages + infantry + shooting and Star dragon prince + dragon princes + RBT. Not exactly friendly lists though.

innerwolf
21-07-2009, 18:20
There's always the notorious Teclis + 3 mages + infantry + shooting and Star dragon prince + dragon princes + RBT. Not exactly friendly lists though.

Well, I suppose I didn't state it clearly enough on the first post, but these two are the lists I won't like to play( one has a SC, the other has a Dragon Lord, and both are regarded as cheesy)

danny7865
21-07-2009, 18:51
I'd make a few recommendations , the spearmen units need to be at least 20 strong as they will rely on static res quite a lot. Dragon princes are far better than lion chariots as flank protectors but I think a lion chariot on one flank and dragon princes on the other would work really well.
try
10 archers
20 spearmen (full command)
5 dragon princes (full command)
lion chariot
20 phoenix guard or 20 white lions
2 bolt throwers
that is about half of your points(1185) allowances and it depends on how much you want to invest in your characters. It gives you a strong basis of your army personally i prefer white lions because they have stubborn. If you want to go magic heavy give the the banner of arcane protection. If you want to spend hundred more points then swap out the dragon princes for 20 swordmasters .....

Desert Rain
21-07-2009, 23:22
Archmage: Level 4, Silver Wand, Dispel Scroll, Ring of Fury

Mage: Level 2, Seerstaff, Dispel Scroll

20 Spearmen: Full Command, Warbanner

20 Spearmen: Full Command

10 Archers

18 Swordmasters: Full Command, Banner of Sorcery

5 Dragon Princes: Musician

5 Dragon Princes

1 Tiranoc Chariot

2 Repeater Bolt Throwers

/2000 points

It has a lot of troops, you don't see a lot of High Elf armies with 80+ models in then at 2000 points!

Peachtacular
22-07-2009, 05:19
Here's what I've been playing. Serves me pretty well.

Archmage lvl4
-Annulian Crystal, Ring of Fury, Scroll
Caradryan
Noble on Barded Steed
-StarLance, Talisman of Loec, DA, Shield

20x Spearmen w/FC
10x Archers

18x White Lions w/FC, Banner of Sorcery
7x Swordmasters
7x Swordmasters
6x Dragon Princes
6x Dragon Princes

3 RBT
1 Great Eagle

innerwolf
22-07-2009, 06:59
I'm seeing pretty interesting lists there. All of them have good points; I think I will try to mix and match from them.

Keep them coming if you have them ;) and thanks a lot!

Nu Fenix
22-07-2009, 16:24
This is a list I am planning to take. All infantry, no monsters, no RBT, themed mainly around Hoeth and Sapphery.

Archmage, lvl 4, Talisman of Sapphery, Folariath's Robe, Dispel Scroll
Mage, lvl 2, Silver Wand, 2x Dispel Scroll
Noble, Radiant Gem of Hoeth, Dragon Armour, Great Weapon
Noble, BSB, Banner of the World Dragon, Dragon Armour, Great Weapon
20 Spearmen, Musician, Standard, Banner of Arcane Protection
21 Spearmen, Musician, Standard
13 Swordmasters, Full Command, War Banner, Amulet of Fire
12 Swordmasters, Full Command, Banner of Sorcery
10 Shadow Warriors, Shadow Walker