PDA

View Full Version : 2 2250 Dark elf lists (A different approach)

fubukii
21-07-2009, 18:14
2 lists meant for friendly/friendly competitive Pick up games

Crone Hellebron @ 350 Pts

Death Hag (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 200 Pts ASF banner, Rune of khaine, manbane

Death Hag @ 200 Pts - Cauldron of blood

Master @ 152 Pts - Heavy Armour; Sea Dragon Cloak; Shield;Dark Steed; Crimson Death; Ring of Hotek

23 Witch Elves of Khaine @ 451 Pts - Full cmd, Manbane, Banner of murder
1 Assassin @ [146] Pts - Manbane, Rune of khaine, 2 hw

22 Witch Elves of Khaine @ 295 Pts - full cmd, Rune of khaine, warbanner

5 Harpies @ 55 Pts

8 Shades @ 152 Pts - Great weapon; Light armor (had 8 pts left :()

10 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen @ 110 Pts - shields

10 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen @ 110 Pts - shields

1 hydra @ 175 Pts

Total Roster Cost: 2250

List 2
Same as above But with following changes
Droped hydra
Droped light armor on shades
Added 5 harpies
added 7 shades with great weapon

thoughts? Cheesey? Weak? Fluffly?

Kill-Freedom
21-07-2009, 20:57
Chessy hell no, weak yes............

Other the the ring of hotek, you have next to no magic defence, so would get owned in that phase

Black guard are far better then witch elves

Other then the 5 harpies, you have nothing to stop your frenzy units being led astray

No pendent of uber ward save!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: must have item LOL

Cutmasta114
21-07-2009, 22:02
I like the fluff and theme.

Yes, Black guard are better than witch elves, but this is clearly a khainite army...so...yeah.

Drop shields off of the rxbs, the LA off the shades, and the steed from the master to get another unit of harpies. In fact, you could swap the master for a scroll caddy as well--you are pretty weak in the magic phase (I've run a list with only the RoH and it works decently well, but it isn't perfect)--but that's really a matter of preference. If your enemies tend to roll doubles, and you keep your army close together, you shouldn't have much of a problem.

I'd drop the khainite upgrades off the hags for more harpies, or to upgrade to a unit of executioners (see below).

I'd try to get a unit of executioners, and put your BSB in them. With bonuses from the cauldron, they will DESTROY things in CC (2 s6 KB attacks per guy + ASF = dead enemy infantry/cavalry in droves, and that's without upgrades)

Consider taking Dark riders with Rxbs instead of rxb footsloggers, they will help you get flank and rear charges which you will need to win combats and devastate units, i really think you'll get more mileage out of them than 10 s3 shots is worth.

Cutmasta114
21-07-2009, 22:04
Correction:

by upgrades in the blurb about the executioners, i meant characters...

fubukii
22-07-2009, 01:53
well i obviously know its not a ultra competitive list and is not meant for tournaments, thats what my black guard and hydra lists are for. This is a fun list that i want to get some use out of khainite units for friendly play.

Yes there no pendant its a no brainer item, im aware, its in all my TOURNAMENT lists
Yes lack of magic d may hurt no real room for the caddy though without losing ROH, which is more useful imo
I considered 10 DR instead of the 20 RXBMEN but i felt that was the cookie cutter option, maybe i will go with it anyway.
list 2 has 2 units of harpies

My units are extremely powerful in cc when taking the cauldron into account

Crones unit gets for example 6-8 str 10 atks, 6-8 str target +1, 14-16 str 3 attacks all with asf and hatred. Now if i get charged by knights the str 10 will maul em, or hordes all my attacks are good. I can get a extra 6 attacks from a cauldron or killing blow.

THe other unit gets the assassin and the front rank. With a boost of killing blow or +1 atk or 5+ ward they become a solid unit. 5-7 assassin attacks, 4 from the hag, and 12 more from the witches.

Exes may be a cool unit, but they arent core, and im really trying to stick with a witch elf theme for this particular army

maybe ill just drop the rxbmen for dark riders giving me 3 redirectors.

macdaddy
23-07-2009, 07:04
Mike, def add the 2nd harpy unit, otherwise, cool. of course this list wont see the light of day at the mills as you are too cheesy to actually play it. lol

fubukii
24-07-2009, 04:31
Crone Hellebron @ 350 Pts

Death Hag - Cauldron of blood @ 200 Pts

Death Hag - Manbane; Rune of khaine; Banner of hag graef (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 200 Pts

Master - Ring of hotek; Crimson death; Heavy armor; SDC; shield; Dark steed @ 152 Pts

5 Dark Riders - RXB @ 110 Pts

5 Dark Riders - RXB @ 110 Pts

23 Witch Elves of Khaine - Full cmd; Manbane; banner of murder @ 451 Pts
- With Assassin 2hw Rune of khaine; manbane

22 Witch Elves of Khaine - Full cmd; @ 245 Pts

5 Harpies @ 55 Pts

5 Harpies @ 55 Pts

8 Shades - Great weapons @ 144 Pts

War Hydra @ 175 Pts

Total Roster Cost: 2247

made some revisions doing some minor tweeks. I figured the unit with crone and the bsb doesnt need the warbanner as their damage output alone should win fights. I added a second harpy unit and the cookie cutter dark riders :)

and for the record i always run totally balanced armies :P

Cobbicus
24-07-2009, 04:40
Looks good, not as fluffy as before but would still be fun to play against in my opinion. Who are you macdaddy and how do you know mike?

EndlessBug
24-07-2009, 09:07
good list, drop 3 shades for 5 more harpies maybe?

fubukii
25-07-2009, 02:04
hmmm i dont think dropping 3 shades would be a good idea, as that would seriously weaken that unit, and almost make them ineffective.

With the addition of the dark riders and the harpies i feel the list has plenty of speed and redirectors.

Kalec
25-07-2009, 05:24
I cannot believe you are taking an ASF death hag bsb and a cauldron and no executioners. Drop the witch elves without an assassin for a decent sized unit of execs for your BSB. Gives you a bit more variety, a much harder-hitting block, and thanks to the dark riders you still meet your min core requirement.

Try and fit in musicians for the dark riders if possible.

macdaddy
25-07-2009, 09:31
i'm on your team, cob

fubukii
25-07-2009, 15:43
I cannot believe you are taking an ASF death hag bsb and a cauldron and no executioners. Drop the witch elves without an assassin for a decent sized unit of execs for your BSB. Gives you a bit more variety, a much harder-hitting block, and thanks to the dark riders you still meet your min core requirement.

Try and fit in musicians for the dark riders if possible.

Ok i felt the need to comment to this.

I am taking the asf death hag for 1 reason to make sure crone swings first. Now yes will admit exes hit harder then witch elves, but now lets think about how much executioners dont need 6-8 str 10 attacks on top of thier str 6 attacks. The asf banner must stay with crone meaning, that i make my exs ultra overkill, or i let crone be vunerable. Lastly i was going for more of a witch elf themed list. Also the IN5 on the exes makes me sad, not striking before other asf elves is not a good thing.