PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Converted Stegadon WIP

beefpizza
06-01-2006, 00:52
Hi all.
I am curently making a lizardman southlands army and have started my converted stegadon.
I started out with the oilifant from LotR and basically am just using the body plus some other bits. So far I have shortened the legs, filled the gaps to most of the body, and started the scaly hide.
I have also worked on the completely scrath-built head. I have used a variety of materials but aluminum foil has proved really useful for filling in large areas.
Below you will see some images of the body and the head up to date. I will post my progress every couple of days or so so you can see the development of this mighty beast. Enjoy!

RdDragon5
06-01-2006, 05:03
Awesome! Keep it up, can't wait to see it finished. Which reminds me I should really finish up my own converson of my stegadon.

speedygogo
06-01-2006, 05:14
Looks great so far. A picture of the fininshed model would be awesome to see.

Hideous Loon
06-01-2006, 10:44
Keep it up, good work. Just don't forget all of the nine thousand, four hundred and eighty-seven spines that are on the Stegadon model. Oh, I see that you're only in your first stadium of your your conversion. Nevermind then.

TheSaint
06-01-2006, 11:47
Excellent work, please show more!

Green Grot
06-01-2006, 12:10
Woah! I name it the ..... UBERDON

Anyway great sculpting skills, I look forward to more updates.

ironduke
06-01-2006, 12:19
question is how many skinks are going on that puppy, please enlighten us mere mortals

Luke
06-01-2006, 12:25
oh man that looks great! i mean it looks great so far, i cant wait to see it finished.
that head is shaping up nicely, far better than the current metal abortion

Killshot
06-01-2006, 13:06
Fantastic idea! The old stegadon was a bit small especially when I am playing against Lizardmen with my High Elves and two dragon princes are larger than the stegadon!

Definitely want to see finished pics!

beefpizza
06-01-2006, 14:54
I bulked up the head a bit and added a little something thre. I will post pics later.
But I am thiking of just putting a bunch of skinks I can fit.
But I will have the giant bow on top of a tower.
But all this will be done once I am finished with the body!
Oh yeah, I am not going to have all the spikes on the side like in the original model. I just think it would look silly, and bee too hard to configure with the harness. I'll post pics later!
thanks all!

The Mighty Gnoblar
06-01-2006, 15:50
Wow! now thats what i call a monster!
cant wait to see the final results

Sylass
06-01-2006, 15:59
Great idea and amazing work so far. I'm looking forward to seeing more step-by-step pictures and the finished version.

Good luck with the project and keep us updated! :)

:0)
06-01-2006, 23:36
I'm very impressed. Have you thought about a name for it yet? Something like "Styracodon" or something?

Mephistofeles
06-01-2006, 23:59
Really really nice, keep up the good work!

beefpizza
07-01-2006, 07:32
OK, so I finally got pictures for what I did.

I Bulked out the head a little more using more tinfoil and added a piece of plasticard to support the gullet. I need to add a layer of greenstuff to it and sculpt it like the cheeks.

Enjoy!

Hideous Loon
07-01-2006, 09:35
Rawr. Looks nicey-nicey to me...

Legion
07-01-2006, 11:31
Tamiya do a nice triceratops Model, mate of mine is doing a squigoth out of it.
JFYI

bruenor
07-01-2006, 12:02
Looks real nice, love the idea of using tinfoil to bulk out the mods, thus saving on GS.

The boyz
07-01-2006, 13:10
wow the your Stegadon is looking hell of a good so far Beefpizza. The head is looking great, it looks alot bigger and tougher than the original. I am looking forward to more up dates.

Good work

zeekphreak
07-01-2006, 15:48
This is really great. I love seeing conversions. Its always amazed me how people work with GS. The technique seems to be totally wasted on me, as I can hardly get it to mix right.

beefpizza
08-01-2006, 18:47
Ok, so I did some sculpting on the nose part and other areas.
Usually how I work is I make up a batch of green stuff and do as much as I can on a particular area without getting out of hand. Then I use the excess for scales and filling in gaps and stuff.

I sculpted the nose and the skin that transitions between the beak. I also did more rough skin just behind the nose and lower jaw.
I made round balls for when I glue them into the eye sockets but since this is pretty straight foward I didn't take pictures.
I filled in some "harsh areas" where the scales can't handle the folds.
I filled in some gaps in the legs. So many gaps!
I made some big scales or plates on the helm part.

Well here are the pictures. Enjoy!

tzeentchgiant
08-01-2006, 19:28
This is the first model ever, and I mean ever, that has made my mouth drop open :eek:.

Astounding, I wish I could say more, but ever facet of the model is just amazing, I love the concept, the execution, the clever use of tin foil, the scores and lines, the GSing in general, the legs the head is superb.

Brilliant to the fifth degree.

TG

EDIT: spelling

beefpizza
08-01-2006, 19:30
Thank you tzeentchgiant, that really means a lot and encourages me to keep working at this project.
And also, thank you to everyone else who has given me encouraging feedback.

beefpizza
09-01-2006, 23:45
So I worked on the head mostly.
I filled in some gaps bu mostly finished one eye. This turned out really well. It was fairly simple:
1. I rolled a ball of gs and waited for it to dry.
2. I glued the eye in place where I wanted it.
3. I used tinfoil to fill in the deep grooves the ball makes.
4. I made a small skeet of gs and textured it as normal around the eye.
5. I made a small sausage shape and squiched on top and below the eye and pressed in lines to indicate eyelids.

It's pretty simple but hopefully that helps you guys get the picture.
Also, when texturing the skin like I have done, its also simple but takes a lttle patience.
1. Roll out a sheet of gs ~2 mm thick.
2. Press it on the tinfoil, the gs should stick well with the rough edges of the foil.
3. Wait 30-45 min
4. Get a tool that will make a line when you press it into something, like a knife shape but not as sharp, actually it should be pretty dull.
5. Press the tool into the gs. Its very important that you press and not drag because dragging will stretch it and move it around, distorting everything.
6. Now for rough skin make some alternate lines pointing in some other direction, but for muscles keep the lines in the same direction and this will represent sinews I guess.

Yeah, well here are the pictures. I also did a couple more scales on the crest.
Enjoy!

tzeentchgiant
09-01-2006, 23:52
Excellent, and the step-by-step is great too, overall the head alone is shaping up to be very impressive.

There are a couple of things that you haven't come across yet that I just want to cut in about, the first being there is a mold line down the front right leg, hopefully ho where else, but it's pretty obvious, second being the neck, when you attach the head to the body, I think the lower neck will need to be bulked out a bit, not just for the correct angle, but also for the correct thickness.

Just my two cents on this fantastic model.

TG

beefpizza
10-01-2006, 00:49
Yeah, there are still a lot of mold lines that can only be fixed with gsing, but they are slowly going away!
Also, for the thickness, when I hold it it seems all right, but maybe i will need to bulk it out, perhaps the scales will add enough weight.
But thanks for the feedback.

nathonicus
10-01-2006, 01:25
Wow. That's going to be cool. Keep us posted, please!

kuchervano
10-01-2006, 02:11
It looks VERY nice however watch out for people giving you flak for using LotR model in Warhammer army.

beefpizza
10-01-2006, 02:22
Well, where I game, people don't care at all what models you use, except if it looks good. A lot of creative people there and the store doesn't want to hamper that.

m1s1n
10-01-2006, 19:00
I think it looks really great. It will look really cool out on the board once it has been painted. Great step by step, and very good GS work.

beefpizza
11-01-2006, 01:32
I worked on the other side of the face as it wasn't getting that much attention.
I did the eye the same way, and prepared the foil for gsing. (there are small holes and gaps that would distort the final gs layer)
I also added some more big scales to the helm and a smaller one at the tip. Enjoy!

Makaber
11-01-2006, 01:35
Suggestion: Make two howdahs, one normal one, and an Engine of the Gods or whatever it's called. Try to incorporate some sort of magnet or pin system so you can change them around. It would look awesome with some weird ass atzec gyroscope on top.

beefpizza
11-01-2006, 02:03
Yeah, I was thinking of doing that, But first I want to aim for the Tradictional Stegadon. The engine of the gods would be a nice project later on though.

Animerik
11-01-2006, 02:08
AWSOME!! great modeling skills. The idea of making a mumakil into a stagon is insane and to pull it of is truly amazing I agree on the swapable enigne of the gods and so sounds like you can do that wit hyour godlikeskills! keep it up and the hatīs off for you

asmodai_dark86
11-01-2006, 17:13
*Looks at pic... thinks.... looks at pic again.... thinks*

Boy you are one sick barstward!

I mean... holy mother of goblins why... what...

I dont even know what to ask. I know I want to ask something but...

Imagine how many skins you could have on that thing!

Imagine the scene:
Local tournament, 2000 points maximum. As everyone prepares there carefully planned armies. Beef Pizza turns up and plants down the UBERDON! Everyone cacks themselves and goes home. Apart from one guy who has the forgeworld chaos dragon with chaos lord and chaos mates on

lord_blackfang
11-01-2006, 20:16
Brilliant. You have amazing skills, and a great concept (too many times have I seen superb modelling or painting skills wasted on an idiotic idea).

Lockheed
12-01-2006, 07:00
That is absoloutely amazing...

beefpizza
13-01-2006, 01:15
I worked on the head, but focused more on the helm, which I put gradually smaller scales on.

I found a relatively simple way of making scales.
1) Get a ball of gs and press it firmly into where you want it.
2) use your wet fingers to get the general flat-cone shape
3) use the flat curved side of your finger nail and gently press into the side of a scale. This should result in a more geometric look.
4) Use a sculpting tool and make the edges of the scale flat to match the top.

This made it much faster to make the scales and I just busted out a bunch of them. But the only (small) downside is that the area surrounding it (probably the other scales) should be dry because your fingers will hit other stuff when moving around.

I also worked on the snout area but did not do the nostril but will do later when the gs dries.

Enjoy!

tzeentchgiant
13-01-2006, 15:54
Looking good, I think the next part you should work on should be the surface on top of the head, the flat plain over the eyes, and with that the bones over the eyes, I'm thinking maybe some very minor spines, could you have been thinking the same thing?

TG

beefpizza
14-01-2006, 19:16
ok, big update.
This is basically two days of work in one, so lots to cover.

I worked a lot on the helm and finished all the "big" scales, the ones I have to individually roll and press, but now I just have to do the little ones in between. I really like how the bony scales are looking and am really excited about this.

I also covered the lower cheek on the left side, and sculpted the nostril and the throat skin.

Enjoy!

Norminator
14-01-2006, 22:03
That GSing is incredible! I really can't wait to see how good this will be when it is painted.

immortal99
15-01-2006, 14:30
This thing is awesome! Great greenstuffing. This is going to be plain....*thinks of silly word* .... incredulousable!

Hideous Loon
15-01-2006, 16:29
I agree with Penguin, the beastie will look totally incredulousable. It truly looks promising.

The boyz
15-01-2006, 17:38
Wow that head is looking brilliant. great greenstuffing. I really cant wait to see this stegadon all put together and finished.

HiredSword.
15-01-2006, 17:55
I like how you've recognized the same skin pattern for the head and the body.

Question: what you going to do for the tail?

beefpizza
15-01-2006, 20:00
Hi all, thanks for the great feedback. To answer your question, i'm still thinking of how the tail is gonna look, but i'm imagining it kinda stubby with a couple of horns on the end. I made a tinfoil mockup but I need to re-do it with wire for support.

Ok now for what I actually did lately:

I did the same gsing to the lower cheek on the other side of the head.

I also worked on the howda a lot. I made the basic log platform (its not glued to the top) and converted the giant bow and arrow. I also made all the pieces for the tower that the bow is going to be on.

Here you go!

Ragnar Ohman
15-01-2006, 21:00
Im quite afraid the the body is too high. Have you tried to shorten it down a bit by the legs?

Great GS skills though, Fabolus frankly said!!!!

:D

beefpizza
16-01-2006, 00:50
I have shortened the legs considerably but I like the height it has.
Perhaps its the bad picture angles that distort what it looks like when hold it.

tzeentchgiant
16-01-2006, 18:55
I doubt Ragnar has seen the first pics, the legs are the perfect length for the head, body and overall shape of the stegadon.

Very cool as always, and I'm liking how the howdah's turning out too, are you going to put vines etc. onto it?

TG

beefpizza
16-01-2006, 19:16
Hi all
I worked on the howda in which I added the side posts and the giant bow tower.

I will put either plasticard or some fabric dipped in white glue to fill in the areas in between the posts.

The gray posts near the front are supposed to be bones that were used in the construction of the howda. I'm thinking about making another smaller platform between these and having a skink who controls the beast. Sound good?

I also connected the two sides of the lower head. Theres not much left to do on the head besides the rest of the scales.

I am thinking of putting some armour plating on maybe the head legs and underside. Maybe square gold plates that will protect the soft areas. And perhaps plates protecting the cheeks.
Along with this, I also want ceremonial bands and trinkets to adown the Stegadon. If people could just throw ideas out there, with perhaps a sketch to make it clearer, that would be awesome.
Also, where do you recomend I put vines? Ideas would be great, thanks.

So here is what I did:

Norminator
16-01-2006, 19:30
That looks really, really cool. I like the fabric dipped in glue idea for filling in the gaps.

HiredSword.
16-01-2006, 19:57
a 'skink-trainer' sounds great, could become a whole new conversion post!

armour plating will, personally, blend the howdah and stegadon into one model.

For the vines, can i suggest at the sides and so they appear to be swinging as if the stegadon is moving forward, it'll give the model that extra movement to make it look like it's on the rampage.
On the same topic, anything like vines, flags etc should be moving so that it appears to be charging, it's amazing how this changes the model.

Keep up the great work.

P.S. i'm serious about making the 'main' skink another conversion project, he should imo definately be wearing one of those bone stegadon helms

Ragnar Ohman
16-01-2006, 20:01
Ive read the whole thread and looking back to the dinosaurs age I think it is a bit too big. Just my point of wiev though.

beefpizza
16-01-2006, 20:08
he should imo definately be wearing one of those bone stegadon helms

Haha, I think he would be crushed instantly if he tried to wear the skull of this Stegadon, But I like the idea of him wearing bone armour.

tzeentchgiant
16-01-2006, 20:15
Looking good, for vines etc, I was more thinking like they would be growing over the howdah, like creepers, and up the poles to add an ancient feel to it.

I'd say avoid heavy armour, it might look out of place on such a huge model, as it's hard to get good large areas of metal, without it losing the character you've sculpted into it.

Ragnar, ok then, but I still disagree :p.

TG

beefpizza
16-01-2006, 20:23
I wasn't really thinking of plated heavy armour, but rather some little plates put on the weak areas.

I dunno, in the lizardmen concept sketches, there are like piercings and little plates around the nose, legs and tail. I was thinking more along those lines.

tzeentchgiant
16-01-2006, 20:28
Well yes, those would certainly look very cool, not what I had invisioned at all when "armour plates" came up. I would also look into adding smaller spines to it, like on the eyebrows, maybe a few on the back (ergo, the original stegadon), and some heavier scales too, like the original smaller one.

Also, any plans for a tail?

TG

beefpizza
16-01-2006, 20:35
lol, yeah, there are plans for a tail, but it is not going to be as long as the gw one. Much stubbier and heavier with spines.

I don't reallt want to do side spines because a) it would be pretty hard to incorporate with the howda rigging and b) it wouldn't look good on this model. I tried it and it looks really bad. It takes away from the vertical nature i'm going for.

But I will put some mini spines near the eyes to add protection.
Thanks for the ideas.

HiredSword.
17-01-2006, 19:23
lol, i didn't mean an actual stegadon's skull, i meant one the size of a temple guard's helmet/skull. But anyway, why don't you research war elephants for armour plating?

RdDragon5
18-01-2006, 02:26
Did someone say a skink wearing a skull helmet?

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=COMP0208003&orignav=301116

I own this model and it looks awesome, and the head is a bit just by it self.

By the way when you say a lot of skinks on top, I hope your planing on buying a new box of them and trying to fit all 24 on there somewhere, even if they have to hold on to a vine on the stegadon's side.

HiredSword.
18-01-2006, 16:26
That's the helmet i meant.

beefpizza
22-01-2006, 02:55
ok, sorry for the late update, but stuff has been going on with this project.

I glued the bow on to the howda and started to make the platicard canvas.
I started the smaller scales on the helm.
I added some armour plates and decorations to the front left leg.

Enjoy everyone!

Cadian 21st
22-01-2006, 06:55
Sweet stuff

tzeentchgiant
22-01-2006, 13:08
Ah yes, that leg armour looks excellent (I wondered how it would turn out), but I think the grooves could be a bit deeper in each of the blocks, they look cut, not engraved.

Still, excellent progress.

TG

Velkyn Kyil
22-01-2006, 13:32
Oh my god! This looks excellent! Keep up the good work! I recall Iron Father building a three-story howdah, complete with a skink sauna and a terradon landing platform once.. ;)

beefpizza
23-01-2006, 01:15
yeah, i guess i should go over them again and make them deeper, but then again a harsh black line would make it look carved.
Also, could you, Velkyn Kyil, possibly post pics of that Stegadon you are talking about? it would help to see how he did it.

Just if your curious, ive been working on my skink priest. He's turing out realy cool, and i will post pics of him later.

Velkyn Kyil
23-01-2006, 01:24
I'll have to ask if he still got it around.. If I recall correctly, he built it out of balsa wood. But it was done ages ago.. I'll ask him though.

beefpizza
23-01-2006, 05:37
k, so here is a small update on what i've done.
The priest pics have bad lighting, but when its done i'll get another shot.

I added some more smaller scales to the helm, and added a small decoration on the horn. This came out really nice and I will do more (but not too much)

enjoy!

beefpizza
31-01-2006, 19:24
Hey all.
Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been kind of lazy with taking photographs. But I have been working on things, if not on the Stegadon.
I have a new idea for the howda. I will have the railings made out of string and put little gs leaves to make it look like vines.

I worked on more small scales.
I did some gs on the last leg, I think it's done.
I also did the wire and the foil bulk for the tail, with a gs horn in place. I think I am gonna do 4 horns in all.

I am painting my Skink Priest.
I converted a Skink Chief, but I have not come up with a good combo for him.

I am also working on a Salamander and finished the handlers for two of them.

So thats it, here you go.

Cadian 21st
01-02-2006, 07:37
- So that's the current Skink Chieftan (basically? Or what boxiemajigg?) I wouldn't mind creating some Salamander Handlers to look kinda like that. I have the old edition Sallies and they're handlers are, erm, static... Anyhow, that's given me an idea for my totally incomplete Lizardmen swarm!

tzeentchgiant
01-02-2006, 13:49
I'm loving the prgress on the howdah, it looks great, even if some of the features are a bit "chunky". The tail, I really like the size and shape, but I can't help but feel the spine is inappropriately sized for it, maybe reduce it or put it closer to the end.

TG

Pertinax
01-02-2006, 22:49
That has to be the most ingenius use of a tau pulse rifle ever!

Please finish this project! Don't let it end without finished results!

beefpizza
02-02-2006, 00:10
yeah, I was thinking that it was a bit long too, but i'll have another look at it to see.

The chief is a conversion with the staff bioic part made out of the 40k plastic missile on the IG sprues.
Thanks for the comments

Wintermute
02-02-2006, 07:21
I've moved this thread to Painting & Terrain Project Logs

Wintermute

beefpizza
07-02-2006, 23:43
K, here's an update.

I worked on the smaller scales (its a lot of work!) aound the face, nose and helm.

I also redid the spikes bc they were too small. I'm going to add skin next.

i also did some gs for the ropes on the platform. I'm trying to make it look less chunky and more skink (or probably kroxigor) made. I'm thinking of either adding metal clasps around some pieces, but I'm probably going to do more rope.

I also thought of a place for the leader. Right behind the helm, he can have a little platform bolted into the back of the bone. He will be all decked out commanding the Stegadon. No weapons on him, but maybe some rope, chains, or pure voice guidance, with hands pointing in the right direction.

Well, enjoy!

beefpizza
09-02-2006, 01:16
Update:
worked on more scales on head.
filled in gaps and smoothed out the tail for gs skin.
enjoy

McMullet
09-02-2006, 10:15
Brilliant stuff. :)

If I was adequately skillful, I would steal this idea.

beefpizza
09-02-2006, 23:40
Thank you for all the positive replies!

here are some more updates of what i did today

worked on scales on head
started big scales on body
did gs ropes on the howda

enjoy!

Dead orc
10-02-2006, 00:03
Been following this for a while, just thought I'd let you know that I think this project is Freekin awesome! Keep up the good* work!
I was also wondering if you had more of this army planned or any other great idea's or is this a one off mini? (sorry if you answered that earlier on i've forgotten all apart from the fantastic progression)

*Absolutley fantastic.

beefpizza
19-02-2006, 20:29
Ok! I finally got an update going again.

I worked on the howda a little, the rope bindings mostly.

I worked a lot on the tail. I started the big dcales and did part of the undertail rough skin.

I also did some smaller scales on the head.

Enjoy all!

tzeentchgiant
19-02-2006, 20:42
Excellent progress, I fear I'm running out of words to display just how cool I think this is.

Suberb :).

TG

HiredSword.
19-02-2006, 21:01
that stegadon head has so much detail, can't wait to see it put together with the body

AventineCrusader
20-02-2006, 06:52
Now THATS a stegadon!!! I always thought that GW one was a bit of a pipsqueek...

Crusader

skiff
01-03-2006, 13:19
:eek: :cries:
fantastic conversion, congratulations.

beefpizza
03-03-2006, 02:30
OK, been kind of slow, but still, progress is progress.

I worked on the howda a lot. I finished most of the bindings but still have some left to do on the bolt thrower mini-tower. I have also begun sculpting the leaves that will sparsely cover the floor. I guess this is to add padding for the Skinks feet of just to break up the surface of the logs. Anyway, when the main body part is done i will add a little stem to complete the leaves.

I also finished the under skin on the tail, and worked on scales on the head (finally!).

Enjoy!

tzeentchgiant
03-03-2006, 15:46
Major thumbs up beefpizza, very cool work.

TG

beefpizza
19-03-2006, 21:00
I got some free time to work on the behemoth. I know i haven't really been getting much progress done, but thats life.

Anyway, I worked on connecting the head to the body mostly. I glued it in, and then I filled in most of it with aluminum foil, this always saves a lot of gs and recommend it. I also did some muscles to get a tensed look as if he's about to swipe his head.

As always, I did more scales on the body, mostly the hind area.

Enjoy!

tzeentchgiant
19-03-2006, 21:04
I just passed out from your brilliance.

I hope I don't swallow my tongue.

TG

God of War
20-03-2006, 04:01
Dude. This is just great. Cant wait to see it painted.

Hideous Loon
20-03-2006, 17:27
Now THAT'S a Stegadon. Not like that little poncy GW one, but nice and large. A wondering, though: How much bigger than the standard Stegadon is it?

dark angel
20-03-2006, 19:15
wo now im impressed hope the paint jobs as good as the modeling

Norminator
20-03-2006, 19:44
The greenstuff on this beauty is almost so good you don't want to cover it up with paint :(.

beefpizza
21-03-2006, 02:46
Hey all, thanks for the praise. I really do appreciate it.

I'll take a pic of it next to something for scale next time I work on it.

I worked on the hind again, making it all symmetrical, and even did a little, little scales work. I also did some work on the wrappings and the leaves.
enjoy!

McMullet
21-03-2006, 09:35
Looking mighty impressive there!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product. :)

HiredSword.
21-03-2006, 16:13
excellent,

work on those palm leaves though, they're looking a bit too think at the moment.

p.s. woo 200 posts :p

beefpizza
24-03-2006, 17:38
Yeah, I agree they might be too thick...but oh well, life goes on.
I worked on the hind quarters a lot, mostly big scales.
I also did the stems on the palm leaves.

Thats it! Enjoy!

beefpizza
25-03-2006, 20:13
Just worked on all things a little more, slow as always, but progress still it is.
I also included a size comparison pic. It really towers over that Saurus!
Enjoy!

Hideous Loon
25-03-2006, 20:35
Beefpizza, why's there a chain Scotch-taped to the rear leg of the Stegadon? Thanks for the scale shot, and it keeps on looking good.

beefpizza
26-03-2006, 07:26
haha, yeah, thats there to keep him from falling over because the head is the most dense part of it so far.

Red Skullz
26-03-2006, 09:10
Man that thing is huge. Some excellent GS work there and as said by someone else it will be very cool to see it painted when you`re all done with it.

beefpizza
28-03-2006, 20:00
Hey all, i got some progress to show.
I finished up the skin on the tail. It was the transition between the tail and the leg and it needed attention. I also did some scales on the back, but i suppose you don't need to see that.
I did do some small scales on the front leg thought, and also did a little bit of rope on the howda. I also did some work on the harness. I want to make it look like there is still scales beneath.
I also did some decoration on the front left leg too.
Enjoy!

tzeentchgiant
29-03-2006, 21:40
Very cool...

Are you planning on having spikes coming out from under the howda, like the "small" one from GW? They might look cool, even if it is a bit late to add them.

TG

Kodamas
29-03-2006, 21:52
Wow this is truely fantastic. Can I ask how hard you would say this has been to make?

I fancy a go at making one although I doubt it will be as good as yours.

Echos

beefpizza
29-03-2006, 22:00
No, I don't think I will. I never really liked them anyway on the GW one.
It is not that technically hard to do, but just takes a lot of patience and time to do. I say try it!

But I have good news!
I did a lot of progress. I worked and almost finished the base for the huge thing.
I started out by glueing two pieces of balsa wood together, and letting them dry. I then took a dremel and created the angles on the side to represent a huge GW base.
I then decided on what I wanted on the base. I figured a good ol dead bret and his horse would look about to be crushed would be awesome. I got a model and a dremel, and make it look like it was being pressed into the earth.
I then got some rocks and putty and formed them to make it look nice. I wanted a bumpy surface. I created the putty to make it look like the Stegadon was really heavy and was pushing mud out from his foot.
I then bot some bret bits and make the lance being broken in half.

I am really happy with how it came out and when it all dries, I will glue sand on it.

Enjoy!

tzeentchgiant
29-03-2006, 22:07
Wonderful base, just be sure to take a plane to the edge of it, the dremel hasn't left a smooth clean linear edge, it would be a shame to put all that effort into a model, then have a rough and rady base edge.

(BTW, the base is looking top notch.)

TG

beefpizza
31-03-2006, 22:04
Hey all.
I sanded the base and coated it all with watered down PVA glue.

I did some scale work, and made the back of the helm more interesting.

But the best thing I did, imo, are the banners I made. They're toothpicks with the saurus standard on top, with cloth triangles from the Mumakil (spl?).

It really added something to the entire model, it feels like it is really towering over you now, and I am really happy with them.

tzeentchgiant
31-03-2006, 22:11
Beefpizza, I think I'll add that second picture to my sig, when I have the time I'll add your signature (as in username) to the bottom, so everyone knows who's behind the master piece :D.

The banners are great, as is the entire model, how far away are you from finishing the construction?

Once you are finished could you take loads of photos before you begin painting :).

TG

EDIT: Also, you should concider adding fishing wights inside the back legs of it, they would balance it out perfectly.

Bra'tac
31-03-2006, 22:49
The ''end'' result is incredible

c'est magnifique
c'est magnifique
c'est magnifique

now paint the damn thing:D and show it to us:cool:

Khrangar
31-03-2006, 23:17
Wow. That's really great looking. I know it's huge, but how about a size comparison to a saurus, if it hasn't been done already. Also, I noticed that there are 2 holes just under the howda, may want to fill those in, unless you've got something else planned for them.

beefpizza
01-04-2006, 06:38
Thank you all very much for your comments. The beast is finally coming together and I am really excited now.

As for finishing, I don't really know. It is very spontaneous but I hope to finish soon! It really is a privilage to be added to your sig! Thanks! and I'll be sure to take a bunch of photos.
For weights, I would hate to cut open the leg. I think that one it is glued to the base it won't topple over.
Check a few posts back for a saurus comparison, but I'll post another one with the banners as it makes it look much bigger. Those holes will be filled in too, just one in a long (but growing shorter) list of things to do.

I really must thank everyone here for support. This forum has been one of the sole motivations in completing this project.
Thank you everyone!

HiredSword.
01-04-2006, 10:24
absolutely stunning

beefpizza
29-04-2006, 23:57
ok! So I finally got some time to work on the Stegadon, I even played with it too!
I worked evenly around the body. I finished the scales on the head, and started some on other places.
So thats it!
enjoy the pics!

Stouty
30-04-2006, 01:09
Been tracking this for a while now an I must say I am impressed. How much green stuff have you used on this monstrosity?

Minor criticism: the horns look a little too thin now what with all the green stuff.

Anyways, be sure to show us those orcs at some time, they look mighty hitty.

tzeentchgiant
30-04-2006, 01:53
Very nice, could you show some of the rest of your work though, those orcs in the background look great too :).

TG

Spacejens
30-04-2006, 06:38
Each time I see this project, I am amazed. It takes a lot of time, but I am sure that the end result will be worth it !

beefpizza
30-04-2006, 07:44
Thank you all for your encouraging comments.

To Stouty, which horns are you talking about? Maybe it's not too late to change them.

Check out my other thread, http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33174, to see the orcs. Thats mainly why the Stegadon isn't being worked on. I'm taking a little break from lizards.

But again, thank you.

Stouty
30-04-2006, 12:27
Sorry for being vague, I often am.

I meant the horns on his head. They look a little thin as the greenstuff has been built up so much around him.

It's probably fine, just something I noticed.

beefpizza
30-04-2006, 17:19
Yeah, I agree, in the picture, it seems like they are really small. But I think it was just a weird camera angle, in life, it looks, ok. But thanks for keeping track of that stuff!

beefpizza
04-05-2006, 00:07
Ok, back in the swing of things.

I mostly worked on small scales on the body. This is very tedious but also rewarding.
I finally think the vines can go on, so I wrapped those around the howda with superglue, and put white glue over them to make them stiff.

Pics, enjoy!

Metal Fingered Villain
04-05-2006, 03:44
I'm simply in awe right now, I havnt seen this project since the first few images and to see how far it has come along is simply amazing.

beefpizza
04-05-2006, 06:54
Thank you. Coming from you (although I don;t play 40k anymore, I love your deathguard, and your gs style) that means a lot to me.
Its fun for me everyonce in a while look back at the early pics and see the progress. When this is all done, I will post a timeline of the progression. It seems like its been so long, yet so much is left to do, lol.
Well, thank you again.

tzeentchgiant
04-05-2006, 16:07
Great update, care to give a step-by-step on how you created the cloth?

TG

Norminator
04-05-2006, 18:22
I really like your greenstuffing, it's probably one of the best uses I've seen of it - not over the top, but using it in a very, very effective way....

I think I said this before, but it will be almost a shame to paint it!

beefpizza
17-05-2006, 22:24
Yay, update!

First off I did some work on the Stegadon. Little patches of scales, and also a nose horn ring among other things.

to tzeentchgiant: what cloth? are you talking about the white rope? If so, I got some twine or something and glued one end to the large bone. I then weaved in and out of the wood rails, and periodically superglued them so it wouldn't fall apart. Once this was done, I coated it with a pva/water mix, let it dry, then coated it again. Thats it.

However, I still need to do the leaves. I sculpted 4 leaves on a piece of plasticard. I will make a mold out of it to make it easier to create a vine look.

Enjoy!

Kodamas
17-05-2006, 23:05
Beef Pizza this is amazing. It is going to dwarf my stegadon and that makes me sad.

Keep up the good work. Is there much left to do? except the howda I can't see much although I may be wrong. That head looks fantastic.

Can't wait to see it painted.

Echos

athamas
17-05-2006, 23:15
that is tryuely fantastic!

well done!

the head looks great.. which should really set the whole thing off. as it is the most complicated bit..

how did you do it?

beefpizza
18-05-2006, 00:32
to athamas: I'll put some pics up of the general process. However, it went like this: first I made an armature of thick wire. Then I bulked it out with aluminum foil and plasticard. Then I sculped the skin on, which was basically a layer og gs with lines. For the scales, I made the big ones with my finger nails, then used a tiny screwdriver to make the smaller scales. This and a lot of patience!

Thanks all!

tzeentchgiant
18-05-2006, 01:00
to tzeentchgiant: what cloth? are you talking about the white rope? If so, I got some twine or something and glued one end to the large bone. I then weaved in and out of the wood rails, and periodically superglued them so it wouldn't fall apart. Once this was done, I coated it with a pva/water mix, let it dry, then coated it again. Thats it.I actually mean the sort of padding underneath where the howdah will sit. I've tried and tried to get stitching like that but I just can't seem to manage.

A step by step on that would be very useful :).

TG

beefpizza
18-05-2006, 04:15
ahhh, that effect. Well let me say that I love my little flathead screwdriver. What I do is I make one set of parallel marks going one way, then another going a different direction, I just press the flathead into the gs. Its pretty easy!

Lab Monkey
18-05-2006, 10:43
is it to late to make it have an opened mouth? like growling? that would be cool

edit: like this

beefpizza
14-06-2006, 15:58
Ok, I got another update.

Well the scales on the back are almost done. Just little ones to suggest a blending or diminishing look.

Right now I am mostly working on the leaves on the howda. They take a long time, but with the mold it is easier.

I am also sculpting snakes and lizards to go on the base as well as some more amour plates.

I also added two hanging armour plates/decorative wear to the side. I was considering putting these on the neck, but it didn't look right, so form beat functionality.

Thats it, enjoy!

Wraithbored
14-06-2006, 16:09
I can't wait to see this thing all finished up and painted! It's wonderful and awesome work.

HiredSword.
14-06-2006, 16:14
wow, and i thought it looked impressive when it was unassembled :eek:

tzeentchgiant
14-06-2006, 16:38
How much longer do you think it will be before it's finished? All I can see that isn't are the four tubes that formerly would have held the howdah's poles on, have any plans for what to do with them?

Also, once it is finished, PM me loads of shots of the greens, I'll photoshop them together into two hugely tall pictures, but your signature or screen name at the bottom and add them to my sig :).

TG

god octo
14-06-2006, 16:54
woooow, its mahussive!!!!!!!!!!!! that is one hell of a model. i want to see the finished think, crawling with skinks and painted.

beefpizza
15-06-2006, 06:53
Well, thanks all you for the encouraging remarks.
It still has many little details left. Leaves, scales, decoration, skinks, jungle swarm, ropes, and other things I forget at this point.
I agree, it is almost finished, but the more effort I put in right now at the end, then that finished result will be that much better. I think that on this model, the attention to details is really what makes it look good.
thanks all

beefpizza
17-06-2006, 06:29
Ok, I worked on the leaves, did some ornamentation, put some jungle creatures on the base, and added some armour plates, but for some reason I can't upload the pictures.

Kotobuki
17-06-2006, 09:24
That would probably be due to the Technical Difficulties they're having with the web server. I would assume once they've got everything back in working order, and all the old content restored, that you'll be able to upload pictures again. In the mean time, have you no personal webspace you can put them up on?

beefpizza
17-06-2006, 18:33
Yay! Good job warseer for fixing yourself.
Here are the pics. Yeah, I don't have a personal space or anything like that.
enjoy!

god octo
17-06-2006, 19:27
i like the snakes on the base of the model, they are are really unique!

Norminator
17-06-2006, 20:27
The legs are looking absolutely amazing Beefpizza - stunning work.

beefpizza
23-06-2006, 21:01
Thank you all so much.

I can finally see the end of the journey making this monster. There are very few things to do now, basically just touch-ups and making sure I got all the little details and how I want it to look.

I added some gems and decoration to the crest. I think these will look really cool when they are painted up and will add even more detail/interest.

I also added more little scar-armour. I perceived from the artwork that when a lizard creature is wounded, the doctors heal it up then hammer a armour plate over the scar, making it even more resilient. I dunno, I just like it.

I also glued it all together, the beast, the base, and the howda. For the howda I also added some logs for support and did some gs ropes. I am really pleased with how it turned out, but it is still wip.

Pics! enjoy!

Pertinax
23-06-2006, 21:24
Awesome. I'm so impressed to see such an ambitious project come so far!

Mr. Beefpizza, my hat is off to you.

Keep up the good (understatement) work!

HiredSword.
24-06-2006, 10:39
my jaw just dropped because of your work (again)

Lab Monkey
24-06-2006, 10:42
omg awesome! what will it be crewed by?

Norminator
24-06-2006, 10:50
This is truely some of the best large scale greenstuffing I've ever seen - absolutely incredible. Well done Beefpizza, you should be proud.

spikedog
24-06-2006, 15:02
This piece makes me weep, your stuff is truly awe inspiring.

I, like everyone else watching this thread I'm sure, can't wait to see it painted. So come on, chop to it!

Killshot
24-06-2006, 16:24
That is just amazing! It is clear to me the amount of time and care you took on this project. It is simply jaw-dropping. It is a shame it won't make it into WD since it is a WFB model based on LotR.

beefpizza
24-06-2006, 18:44
Thank you all so much.

I originally set out this project to complete it just for completing it. I later realized how cool it would be if it won something but since its LotR based, it won't. But this really doesn't bother me. It has been a personal goal just to do it, so I feel pretty satisfied.

Norminator
24-06-2006, 19:05
Have you considered entering this into Golden Daemon or some similar tournament?

ZomboCom
24-06-2006, 19:41
Now all you've got to do is to find a way to get it to fit on a chariot base :p

ZomboCom
24-06-2006, 19:42
Have you considered entering this into Golden Daemon or some similar tournament?

Unfortunately I don't think it'd be allowed in golden daemon because of the use of LoTR parts in a warhammer conversion. It's a real shame.

Norminator
24-06-2006, 19:57
This is what the GD rules say;

At this time, due to the nature of our license, we cannot accept scratch-built models based upon The Lord of The Rings intellectual property. Conversions made entirely from our The Lord of The Rings range are acceptable.

Now, I take that as you can't greenstuff/build from scratch a LotR model, but you can do a conversion based upon an existing model. I'd imagine Newline can't allow people to make their own LotR models due to copyright. I'd suggest that you email GW to find out, because it would be a shame if thsi model couldn't be entered.

Spacejens
24-06-2006, 20:14
Thank you all so much.

I originally set out this project to complete it just for completing it. I later realized how cool it would be if it won something but since its LotR based, it won't. But this really doesn't bother me. It has been a personal goal just to do it, so I feel pretty satisfied.

You should. You have a marvellous work of art right there.

What kind of people do you play with? I think that making up some custom rules to go with that monster would be great for friendly games.

Adlan
24-06-2006, 22:28
I was told today by my local GW that I could use Lotr in warhammer conversions and use them in store, because GW have got the licensce sorted out.

Maybe the rules will change next year?

ZomboCom
25-06-2006, 01:56
I was told today by my local GW that I could use Lotr in warhammer conversions and use them in store, because GW have got the licensce sorted out.

Maybe the rules will change next year?

Yes, it's fine to use LoTR models in warhammer conversions instore, and even in tournaments, but due to the licencing issues they are still not allowed to enter painting competitions.

For example, at the recent UK Conflict events the pack contained a specific statement that LoTR models were allowed to be used in the warhammer event, but that the army couldn't enter the "best army" competition, and nor could any pictures of the army be posted online/in white dwarf if it won the tournament etc.

Zactar
25-06-2006, 02:44
As earlier said: This is the most awesome Stegadon I've ever seen. Keep it up, I'm tingling in expectation of the finished result.

Zac

beefpizza
27-07-2006, 22:20
Hi all.
I was in Japan for a month so I wasn't able to work on it though.

However, it just hit me. This is almost done.

All i have left to do is the leaves, the crew, some minor small scales work, and rope and it is done!
Well I worked on some small scales and the ropes.

Enjoy!

Siromcyre
28-07-2006, 02:27
Looks Insanely cool, and I think I speak for everyone when I say I hope to see it completed soon, and maybe one day even painted...

Sylass
28-07-2006, 12:16
As said before, very impressive. Excellent work. :)

I'm sure that you could easily win a GD with that if your painting skills are on a similar level compared to your modelling skills.

cookiescrumble
28-07-2006, 13:03
How big is that thing?

Awesome, kinda speechless.

Quin 242
28-07-2006, 13:16
Hi all.
I was in Japan for a month so I wasn't able to work on it though.

However, it just hit me. This is almost done.

All i have left to do is the leaves, the crew, some minor small scales work, and rope and it is done!
Well I worked on some small scales and the ropes.

Enjoy!

Absolutely kicking tail! Love everything you've done to it. I was questioning why go with a LOTR start since it would have been more expensive than a plastic toy but the howdah set up really worked into your model. Looks great.

Just as a point tho... they removed the LOTR parts restriction in GD competitions. You can WIN with this. They just MIGHT not picture it in WD.

Second point... The notches on the howdah connections, at the near top of all the ropes, where the original howdah would have slotted in? Those 4 areas look unfinished where the rest looks absolutely Ace.
Suggest finishing those four spots? And as a suggestion for that... make them torch or oil lamp brackets :)
If you really want a display piece.. have radiating light from those painted onto the sides of your critter :)

tzeentchgiant
28-07-2006, 13:53
I gree with Sylass, this model would be ******* awesome with a paintjob to match the GSing.

That said, you could probably get away with spraying black and people would still worship you :p.

TG

Aquilla
28-07-2006, 18:41
That is just amazing.
Very well done, brilliant.
It's a shame about the copyright.

beefpizza
29-07-2006, 00:23
Hi all!

I thought about torches but I figure it would be too risky for there to be an open flame that close to the wooden howda, not to mention to skinks. However it would be cool to do some lighted effects, I'll think about that...
So I decided that the four parts that you are talking about will have some ornamentation on them. I ordered them today, along with the bow crew. They are the banner poles on the old slann and two of his old mace things. I think they will look really sweet there as statue like objects.

I finished the small scales today, on the whole body! Yeah!
I also finished the ropes! Yeah!
And I put another batch of leaves in the gs mold! Yeah? Still a few more of these...

All I have left is do the crew, wait for the bits, and the leaves. And of course paint the beast, but yeah.

Enjoy!

tzeentchgiant
29-07-2006, 02:09
There are still two main areas that I feel you may hav eoverlooked.

First is the stalks for the howdah on the mumak, they still just go into nothingness, and second, it the back of the crest on the head, it coul do with some finishing.

TG

beefpizza
29-07-2006, 19:34
Do you mean these? Please look at the part in the purple circles.
If so, thats where the statues will go.
If not, draw on the pic where. Thanks!

So I made two javelin holders for the skink who will be throwing them.
I am also planning on making a bow holder, and some ornamentation on the bow platform, as it looks kinda dull.

I also need to think of if I want a leader and where he should go. I'm kinda stumped on this so if you guys have any ideas, please tell!

Here is the pics. Enjoy!

tzeentchgiant
29-07-2006, 19:40
Yeah those are the areas where I meant, must've misread what you worte earlier.

Keep up the great work :), and don't forget about the back of the head :p.

TG

beefpizza
04-08-2006, 22:47
YES!!!
It is done!
Everything is done, well except for the back ofthe head, some leaves and some rope I found wasn't there. But I finished that after I took these pics.

I can't really believe that this is finished. It has been so long, I almost feel an emptiness in my heart...
Just kidding. I still got to paint it...

Well enjoy the pics.
I will keep updating this with painting progress.

Norminator
04-08-2006, 23:01
It's official - BeefPizza is conversion king!

Congratulations on having such a brilliant end to a project you've obviously put so much work into. You've ended up with something to be truly proud of, and it looks great.

Now, hurry up and paint it just as well as you built it! :D

Quin 242
04-08-2006, 23:01
The good news it that with all the snake imagery it wouild make a spectacular Snakebitez Ork Squiggoth too!!!

Well done sir. Very nice piece!

tzeentchgiant
05-08-2006, 01:19
Holy crap, that's ******* awesome :D.

I'm not going to sig those pictures though... not yet anyways, because I really want you to take a couple more of the very very finished model, from all the same angles as the ones you've got there.

Also, are the front legs finished? There still seems to be a gap there.

Bloody amazing, put I'm still cracking the whip :p.

When do you get started on it's twin? :D

TG

beefpizza
11-08-2006, 05:30
So I spent around 6 hrs painting this thing already. I'm really trying to get it done!

First I drybrushed the whole model Scorched Brown. This helps me see the details and unifies the model as a whole.

I then painted the wood logs. I still need to do a lighter color on the cut off parts but I will do this once the vines are done because they are a little messy.

I then did some of the vines. I basecoated with Dark Angles, then Snot, then Scorpion for the leaves. I really like this and it should offset the brown-red scales.

I decided to go with purple skin. The base is liche purple and then highlighted by adding more dwarf flesh to it. I decided purple because there will be a lot of gold on the model so the yellow will compliment the purple nicely I think. The skin isn't done either.

The pics aren't great but enjoy!

Spacejens
11-08-2006, 07:01
The painting really looks promising so far. The purple will be very striking on this huge model I think. Can't wait... :D

asmodai_dark86
11-08-2006, 07:16
You know, if you hadnt used the Mumakil as a base you could enter/win golden daemon with this baby? I mean its shaping up to be an awesome paint job, on a conversion that slaps nearly every other ive seen in the face.

Enter it in the open this year. Not a sword, but equally respected

Quin 242
11-08-2006, 16:35
The Ballista on top wouldn't work how you have it...

You have beam INSIDE the bow.... and what is pulling it back?

The rest of the model is so cool I'd hate to have this detail ruin it...

beefpizza
12-08-2006, 06:28
Quin 242:
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying but there will be two skink crew pulling the bow back and there are the ropes tying the horizontal bow to the vertical posts.

I did finish the skin and the vines. I couldn't take pictures though because it is night and no good ones were taken.

Simto
12-08-2006, 13:56
Why is it you can't enter Golden Demon with it because it's a Mumakil?

tzeentchgiant
12-08-2006, 14:01
I'm not very sure about if you're allowed to enter it, but it won't be shown in WD or any other GW publication if it wins, this is because of the contract that GW and newline has, which dictates that the LoTR parts and others should not be mixed in together for official GW events... or something like that.

TG

Simto
12-08-2006, 20:08
That sucks, i'm 100% sure that it would win if you entered!

beefpizza
26-12-2006, 02:13
Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates, but since this was such a big model, I was unable to take it with my to college and work on it.
I'm back for Christmas break, so i can work on it again, Yes!

I wasn't happy with the red idea i had for the scales, so I decided to make them a bone color.

Here is a shot of a section I painted. It was done pretty quickly, and I'll probably redo it again, but it was to get an idea of the bone scheme.

Enjoy, and I'll be posting more progress later on!

Spacejens
26-12-2006, 09:21
Looks great ! You're teasing us by only posting a picture of a part of the model, but you probably knew that already ;)

Happy Jollydays !

DarkstarSabre
26-12-2006, 12:55
I'm not very sure about if you're allowed to enter it, but it won't be shown in WD or any other GW publication if it wins, this is because of the contract that GW and newline has, which dictates that the LoTR parts and others should not be mixed in together for official GW events... or something like that.

TG

But that may have been altered recently due to them making the individual LOTR components available from mail order. Well worth investigating to see if that's affected it at all.

Kotobuki
26-12-2006, 15:45
I'm glad to see that you're as good a painter as you are a sculptor. That Steg is looking rediculously awesome.

beefpizza
26-12-2006, 18:58
Thank you all, it means a lot.

Not much to say so I won't say much. I did some more scale painting. I think it will look good once it is all covered up.

Enjoy!

Morgrad
26-12-2006, 22:07
Astoundingly awesome work! The entire model as a whole is fantastic, and I too can't wait to see full pics of it all painted up!

Wanna slap a couple minis next to it for scale and get us a pic of it? =)

lee
26-12-2006, 23:18
:eek: thats soo awsome

beefpizza
05-01-2007, 02:38
Thank you all.

I finished painting the big scales on the rear and painted the rock and sand on the base.

Enjoy!

HiredSword.
05-01-2007, 10:36
sorry but i have to say it again, this is a brilliant conversion and the paint job is looking great as well.

Paulus
05-01-2007, 11:37
Phenomonal Beefpizza, phenomonal!

This is the first time I've seen it & level of detail is incredible, I only wish I was capable of producing something that good.

Fantastic work!

beefpizza
12-01-2007, 06:42
Thank you for all of your positive comments. I got some time to do some more painting.

Finished the small scales for the rear, did the gold jewelery on the left back leg and did the front right and left back toes.

Enjoy!

Animerik
12-01-2007, 10:38
looks goood but I think the scales could get a glaze or two so that the colours did blend together more. The gold looks ace so keep painting

beefpizza
13-01-2007, 20:53
I know that one can see the layers of paint on the scales, but that is sort of my style, so it doesn't really bother me. Thank you about the gold though!

I worked on the left side, did the scales, the fabric saddle thingy, and a big gold plated statue.

Enjoy!

beefpizza
06-07-2007, 04:49
Hi everyone!

I've been super busy lately, but have managed to find time between my job and girldriend to work on the Stegadon.

I painted the right side of the body's scales, the gold plate statue, and worked some more on the straps.

I think I'm going to take Animerik's idea and do some more work on the large scales, especially the big dark brown areas.

Well here is a (blurry, the camera was weird today) picture, enjoy!

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s293/beefpizza/100_1849.jpg

75hastings69
06-07-2007, 07:51
Just awesome!!!!

Light of the Emperor
06-07-2007, 13:27
That is sooooo cool! Great skin color too. I've been quietly watching this guy from the start...its getting close to completion!

Spacejens
07-07-2007, 08:04
This is indeed looking more impressive every time I see it. Especially since I know how large the Mumakil is...

Good to see you haven't lost interest in it. Take your time, and use it to stun people when you are done painting ;)

Imp of High Noon
07-07-2007, 12:42
EEEK!!! Put Lord Mazdamundi on it!

Dark Seraphim
23-07-2007, 11:30
How is the progress coming along?

I'm thinking of doing one as well, a tad different but based off the War Muak as well :)