PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt OnG- Purpose built army

BigbyWolf
21-07-2009, 19:02
Got a game coming up shortly against a player who is, to be perfectly honest, a bit of a tit (see this post for some background info- http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210629).

Anyway, he'll be using his VC summoning horde, so I'm going to trot out my Greenskin army that does very well against that kind of army. He's never seen it before, so should be in for a little surprise...

Orc Great Shaman- Level 4, Power Stone, Idol of Mork- 290
Orc Shaman- Level 2, Dispel Scroll- 125
N. Goblin Shaman- Level 2, Staff of Sneaky Stealing- 135
N. Gob Shaman- Level 2, 2x Dispel Scroll- 135

23 Big Uns- FC, Shields, Morks Spirit Totem- 310
24 Orcs- Std, Mus, Shield- 159
25 Orcs- Std, Mus, Shield- 165
2 Snotlings- 20
2 Snotlings- 20
2 Snotlings- 20
2 Snotlings- 20

8 Squig Hoppers- 120
8 Squig Hoppers- 120
8 Squig Hoppers- 120

4 Pump Wagons- 160

Total- 1999

This is an army that absoutely loves Zombies, even the Snotlings can beat the, well...snot, out of them. and with 12-15 PD, 11 DD, a Power Stone and 3 scrolls it can hold it's own in either magic phase. In both games I've played with it already my opponents just couldn't raise enough Zombies and the games usually finish with their bunker unit receiving multiple flank charges as well as large block of Orcs to the front.

This is not an army I would usually take to play games...mainly because I made it to deal with one kind of army, and I prefer not to know what I'll be facing each week. I also doubt it would be effective against most (or any other) armies. The only reason I'm taking it tomorrow is to give my opponent a little lesson in being irritating.

alex17
21-07-2009, 19:13
dont see many problems with the list, apart from maybe adding the snotling units toghether, to make 2 units of 4 bases.
and its great to see another orc and goblin magic list player, we are few and far between these days :)

Jind_Singh
21-07-2009, 21:05
that list should crush pretty much any VC - shut down their magic all together, I like it!
and from the other thread I like it when a snotty punk gets shot down!
Go masacre him!

nosferatu1001
21-07-2009, 23:23
Yes, he sounds like a complete t*t so go for it :D

When those two units get in combat you will just crush them....

dsw1
22-07-2009, 09:54
Try and pull the same stunt on him that he pulled on you ;).

Good luck squashing this git, I hope you beat the smugness out of him :D.

Mid'ean
22-07-2009, 13:12
Luv your list as I really like to go magic heavy with the boyz myself. The only change I would make is try to fit in Nibbles itty ring. Maybe drop one scoll. Against VC is is sooo handy to pick out his characters and if you roll the spell for your casters you can really play hell with his.....:evilgrin:. Teach the git a lesson!! Good luck.....;)

rtunian
22-07-2009, 15:57
i think you can safely drop all 3 scrolls.

on the orc shaman, i would trade the scroll for nibbla's ring and possibly waaagh! paint

on the ng shaman i would trade the 2 scrolls for the staff of baduum or the staff of sorcery (+1 to dispel rolls)

i would cut 3 hoppers (1 from each unit) and put your orc shamen on boars, especially the great shaman (actually i would free up points for the wyvern)

should be an easy game.

BigbyWolf
22-07-2009, 18:53
Some good tips there...I think I'm going to swap the scrolls for the other magic items as suggested, but I don't currently have any mounted shamans models, so I'll give the boars a miss this time.

I'm off to play him in about an hour so will post the result later.

I'm really hoping I can add insult to injury and win the final combat with nothing but snotlings and pump wagons!

Fay_Redd
22-07-2009, 19:40
Since im only just starting to get the hang of fantasy ill just say a generic "awesome looking list" and will root for you in that game, i hate players like that. theres a tau player like that at my stores club.