PDA

View Full Version : 2k tzeench mortals...

metro_gnome
06-01-2006, 01:08
Exalted Champion (General): MoT, Golden Eye, GW (in Chariot)
Beast Lord: MoT, Staff of Change, Chaos Armor, GW (in Herd)
Aspiring Champion: MoT, Chaos Steed, GW (with Knights)
--------------------------------------------------
Hellcannon of Chaos
10 Horrors of Tzeench: 2 Flamers
Beast Herd: 8 Gor, 12 Ungor, FC
16 Warriors of Chaos: MoT, FC
5 Knights of Chaos: MoT, FC
Chariot of Chaos: MoT

models: 60
power dice: 13
dispel dice: 6

based on the models i have... comments?

Flypaper
06-01-2006, 06:02
Amazing how few models you end up with when you mark everything, isn't it? :p

The Beastlord is looking rather awquard sitting in that block. If you want to support the herd you'd be better off with a battle-standard bearer... But if you're just making use of a Beast Hero on Foot model you're probably better off demoting him to a Wargor and kitting him up for combat instead.

You're going to have problems with range as it stands - you're going to have to advance-and-shoot(/magic), and you're light on disruption troops. I'd recommend shaving some points somewhere (probably characters) for a unit of Screamers - or at least Warhounds.

Neknoh
06-01-2006, 09:18
The Beastlord is a rather nice idea for a character that can measure up to a Mortal Lord and can be given 100 points of items, I find him rather nice.

However, drop the Hellcannon, it won't do you any good, especially not if it missfires.

Now, without the Hellcannon, some Marauder Horsemen and a unit of Screamers would be very nice to add, perhaps another Chariot of Tzeentch as well... that would deal with infantry support, cavalry support and removing of enemy warmachines

metro_gnome
07-01-2006, 03:08
yeah... the beast lord is not really there to support the herd... the herd is there to support him...
he is worth twice their points... he is the level 4 wizard...

i think i agree about the hellcannon...
im wondering if taking centigors over marauder horsemen might go a long way to making my beastlord seem more at home?
i have bull centaur models...

Exalted Champion (General): MoT, Golden Eye, GW (in Chariot)
Beast Lord: MoT, Staff of Change, Chaos Armor, GW (in Herd)
Aspiring Champion: MoT, Chaos Steed, GW (with Knights)
--------------------------------------------------
16 Horrors of Tzeench: 2 Flamers
8 Centigors: FC, Shields
Beast Herd: 8 Gor, 12 Ungor, FC
16 Warriors of Chaos: MoT, FC
5 Knights of Chaos: MoT, FC
Chariot of Chaos: MoT

models: 74
power dice: 13
dispel dice: 6

Neknoh
07-01-2006, 11:48
Well... it depends, Centigors aren't Fast Cav, and it will show, however, if you have the models, try it out and see if they'd be better replaced by Marauder Horsemen