PDA

View Full Version : Where to get BSB's?

archonbrujah
06-01-2006, 02:38
Hello all,

I use an archive model in my Dwarf army for a BSB, and was looking to get a prettier, newer style model for my BSB. While thinking about it, I realised I don't have a BSB for any of my other armies either. If iI read their site correctly, GW sells all their BSB mini's in part of an army deal only. Not really wanting to pay $200 plus for a mini.

So what does everyone do for their BSB's, where is a good place to get mini's for them, and can anyone give any examples of what mini or conversion they use for BSB's?

Thanks for any help,

Archonbrujah

Crazy Harborc
06-01-2006, 03:19
Normally, I just "fancy up" a standard bearer. More gold paint, maybe a new crest/icon for the peak of the pole. A fancy design on the minie's flag/banner.
To be "proper" a BSB shouldn't have a shield on his arm. To allow the flag/banner bearer to be useable as a regular bearer, you can pin/glue a shield to the horse's side(barding or straps/gear)....easy to reach distance from the riders left/right hand/arm.

I am planning to go one better. I like LARGE flags. I have the wire, pike length. I will make a flag, a BIG one. Folded over plain white typing paper. I use white glue, a goodly portion. Wipe the excess (from flattening out the extra glue and air) form the still wet paper into whatever wind blown shape you like. Within a short while the flag will be dry and hard. Trim up any sloppy edges (mismatched edges). I wait overnight before painting the white paper flag........I LIKE blood red:evilgrin:

ZomboCom
06-01-2006, 12:18
If you really want to get hold of the official BSB models, then ebay is the way to go. They go for excessive ammounts though...

Personally I just convert something up from bits and pieces.

nanktank
06-01-2006, 16:03
I normally use a hero figure, a pin vise, a length of brass rod and various bits & pieces from my bits box.

Drasanil
06-01-2006, 16:23
I got mine from the dark elf army box a few years ago when it came out, so I never really had a problem with BSBs, though I rarely use him.

Makaber
06-01-2006, 16:37
I wheeled and dealed and pulled some favours to get me my Ltd. Ed. beastman banner bearer. Normally I just do a weapon swap or something, for my Dark Elves I'll get a Black Guard banner bearer since I don't plan on using Black Guard and the model is suitably lordy.

Crube
06-01-2006, 16:48
The Ltd Ed ones do appear on ebay, but recently they've been going for 15-20. Not the hideous amounts we've seen previously...

Other than that, hero conversions / tarting up a normal Std Bearer seems to be the way to go...

Venomizer
06-01-2006, 17:41
I just add some fancy bits to a standard bearer for my rarely used BSB

Rikkjourd
06-01-2006, 18:51
Bitz box + green stuff is the way to go. I have not bought a single character for the last two armies I've done (3500pts & 2000pts), I built them all from leftovers and GS.

Orcdom
09-01-2006, 02:45
www.bartertown.com is a pretty decent place to trade or buy one, but just about any spearman, pikeman, polearm or greatweapon weilding guy for your army could be converted to one, and as others have said the unit standard bearers from your unit boxes work well too.
Steve