PDA

View Full Version : Three questions

dal9ll
22-07-2009, 06:42
1) The first one's simple: Can you move through friendly units as long as you dont end your movement on top of them?

2)If Im in a wood with a unit of skirmishing shooters and I shoot at an enemy unit in range in the same wood, do I get the -1 to-hit modifier for Soft Cover?

3)Regarding the Lore of Life, how are High Elf Bolt Throwers affected by the Rain Lord? Do they get -1 to hit or -2? Apparently the High Elf book doesnt use the term "Armour Piercing"...

pinegulf
22-07-2009, 07:30
1) The first one's simple: Can you move through friendly units as long as you dont end your movement on top of them?No. Except for flyers who pass over them.

2)If Im in a wood with a unit of skirmishing shooters and I shoot at an enemy unit in range in the same wood, do I get the -1 to-hit modifier for Soft Cover? Yes.

Nurgling Chieftain
22-07-2009, 07:33
1) The first one's simple: Can you move through friendly units as long as you dont end your movement on top of them?No. There are specific exceptions: flyers of course, and characters joining/leaving units, and characters or champions moving within units.

2)If Im in a wood with a unit of skirmishing shooters and I shoot at an enemy unit in range in the same wood, do I get the -1 to-hit modifier for Soft Cover?Yes.

3)Regarding the Lore of Life, how are High Elf Bolt Throwers affected by the Rain Lord? Do they get -1 to hit or -2? Apparently the High Elf book doesnt use the term "Armour Piercing"...As they are not strictly speaking armour piercing, they only take a -1 to hit. I think this is intentional, as the extra -1 is meant to represent the difficult of using relatively primitive powder weapons in the rain.

paulb11
22-07-2009, 07:53
Point 2, do you mean do you suffer a -1 penalty when you shoot from the woods? or are your skirmishers -1 to hit when others shoot a them?

In answer no, you don't get a penalty from shooting out of the wood, and yes you get the benefit of the cover from being inside.

nosferatu1001
22-07-2009, 08:23
Paulb11 - he was shooting at a unit in the woods, and asked if being in the woods himself made a difference - the answer being no, you still get the penalty for shooting at unit s in soft cover.

Milgram
22-07-2009, 15:51
if your shoting from inside a wood on another unit inside the wood, then you get the -1 modifier for soft cover. however, you have to be 2" at max to the other unit as you can't see further.

dal9ll
22-07-2009, 17:50
Thanks guys.