PDA

View Full Version : You Can't hit me, but i can hit you, Hard.

Nicha11
22-07-2009, 07:08
This is a 1250pt list for a tournament starting next month.
I wanted to try something different (ie no saurus).
As always any comments and criticism are most welcome.

Characters

Scar Vet, Piranha Blade, lt armour, enchanted shield, cold one
160pts

Skink Priest, lv2, Plaque of Tepok 15pts
115pts

Skink Priest, lv2
100pts

Core

12 Skink Skirmishers
84pts

12 Skink Skirmishers
84pts

12 Skink Skirmishers
84pts

Special

5 Cold One Riders, Full command
225pts

5 Cold One Riders, Full command, War Banner
250pts

Rare

2 Salamanders 150pts

Army total 1252pts (we aren't fussed if you are a little over).

The idea is that enemy infantry won't be able to enage any of my units, unless i want them to.
The two units of Saurus cavalry will work in tandem (duel charge will be great)
And the skinks will harass, march block and kill big beasties.
As characters go the scar-vet is the king of challenge and the skink priest will go blasting.

For the tournament my two main opponents will be: Warriors of Chaos (Knight Spam), Skaven (horde) and Tomb Kings (played by a very good player using prince and powered up chariots).

Gaargod
22-07-2009, 12:02
Lose the full command from the saurus cav. They just don't need the champ - the extra 40pts you get can get you another saurus cav model (so in effect, 2 units of 6 wide).

I personally would take 2 razordons over sallies at this level. They will give you a nice unit to kill off flankers, as opposed to another irritation unit such as salamanders. Up to you tho.

Not entirely sure you need the extra skink priest - i'd be more in favour of giving one a scroll and diadem, and using the extra 65pts you'd get (in addition to losing 2 skinks) to get another razordon/salamander, or even getting 2 more saurus cav. 5 DD and a scroll is just 'no' to all magic at this level, and you need to make sure your important units break stuff.

Nicha11
22-07-2009, 12:05
Lose the full command from the saurus cav. They just don't need the champ - the extra 40pts you get can get you another saurus cav model (so in effect, 2 units of 6 wide).

I personally would take 2 razordons over sallies at this level. They will give you a nice unit to kill off flankers, as opposed to another irritation unit such as salamanders. Up to you tho.

Not entirely sure you need the extra skink priest - i'd be more in favour of giving one a scroll and diadem, and using the extra 65pts you'd get (in addition to losing 2 skinks) to get another razordon/salamander, or even getting 2 more saurus cav. 5 DD and a scroll is just 'no' to all magic at this level, and you need to make sure your important units break stuff.

Great Feed back! I'll store that away and refine the list further.

Anyone else got any comments they would like to add?

Nicha11
22-07-2009, 21:51
I'd still like some more feedback guys.