PDA

View Full Version : chaos 2000pt army

Brother xavier
06-01-2006, 04:58
This is a 2000pt list that is mainly slaanesh and I was woundering what I could do to it to improve it. I have all the models in the list itself and am thinking of replacing the chariot with three minotaurs with great weapons to defeat 1+ armoured enemies.

HEROES
General: Exalted champion with rending sword,shield, barded chaos steed and mark of undivided = 158

Lvl 2 Sorcerer mounted on barded chaos steed with 2 dispel scrolls and mark of slaanesh = 206

Aspiring champion with Mark of tzeentch, power familiar, additional hand weapon and shield =204 (oops should be Lvl 2 Sorcerer with power familiar and mark of slaanesh = 190)

CORE
5 Chosen Knights with full command mark of slaanesh and rapturous standard = 345

12 chosen warriors with full command, haldberds, shields, mark of slaanesh, warbanner = 351

12 warriors with full command, shields, mark of slaanesh = 230

16 marauders with full command, light armour, shields, flails = 153

Chariot, mark of nurgle = 135

SPECIAL
12 Daemonettes = 180

TOTAL:1962 (which makes the points 1948)

Flypaper
06-01-2006, 06:10
Here's the bad news: Warriors should be in blocks of 15-16, and marauder numbers should start at 20. GW, probably because they hate us so very much, provide us with the worst possible number of models in every box (see also: Cavalry, and why units of eight are terrible). :wtf:

I'd recommend buying a couple of those "top-up" boxes with three Warriors in them - set your guys out as two blocks of 5x3 instead.

Alternatively, model one block of ten with great weapons, and run fourteen (hw&s) plus the Aspiring Champ (change mark) in the other.

...Who incidentally is illegal. You need at least one unit with the Mark of Tzeench to run a Tzeench-marked character in an Undivided army.

The minotaurs sound like a good idea - they're efficient troops and the punch they bring is invaluable.

You know, given your current setup you may as well just re-mark everything, trade the asp-champ for a second sorcerer, and go 100% Slaanesh... :p

Neknoh
06-01-2006, 09:15
First of all, your Chosen can work, but they also might not, the idea of getting one of those boxes containing three is a very nice one, seeing as you then will have 3 ranks of 5 plus warbanner, giving you 11 attacks up front, which should be enough.

However, the second unit of Warriors need be at least 16 to work well, I suggest bitz-ordering a sprew to bump them to that sweet sixteen.

Another sprew for your Marauders is highly reckomendable, turning them into a block of 20 that can actually hold for a charge.

As for the Chariot, drop the Mark of Nurgle and replace it with a mark of Tzeentch, saving you points and making the Aspiring champ. of Tzeentch legal to field.

Another point is your Daemonettes, no matter how good I think they are, do not field them hen you allready have two really heavy hitters for your infantry support.

I'd much rather swap them for either six Mounted Daemonettes, or, remove them alltogether for two units of five Marauder Horsemen with Flails and Musician.

You must also know that your Exalted Champion cannot join your Chosen Knights, as they have the Mark of Slaanesh and he does not.
What you could do would be to drop the Mark of Slaanesh from them and swap their Raptorous Standard with the Warbanner of the Warriors.

Brother xavier
08-01-2006, 03:25
HEROES
General: Exalted champion with sword of might and gaze of the gods, shield, barded chaos steed and mark of undivided = 168 Joins Knights

Lvl 2 Sorcerer mounted on barded chaos steed with 2 dispel scrolls and mark of slaanesh = 206

Lvl 2 Sorcerer with power familiar and mark of slaanesh = 190

CORE
5 Chosen Knights with full command mark of slaanesh and warbanner = 320

15 chosen warriors with full command, shields, rapturous standard, mark of slaanesh = 415

15 warriors with full command, shields, mark of slaanesh = 275

20 marauders with full command, light armour, shields = 165

SPECIAL
3 Minotaurs, mark of nurgle, light armour, great weapons, bloodkine, standard bearer= 212

TOTAL:1951pts

I want to keep the minotaurs nurgle as they get the 5+ scaly skin save so can have a total armour save of 4+. And I don't see anywhere in the Hoardes of Chaos book where it says that an undivided character can't join a differently marked unit.

I'm in NZ and don't think that GW here sells top-up boxes so may find it hard to get the 6 warriors and 4 marauders. Also one unit of my warriors is old while the other is the new type.

Neknoh
08-01-2006, 09:17
It says so in the Choosing Your Army section, right before the list itself.

Also, your Minotaurs MUST have the mark of your general, meaning they cannot have the Mark of Nurgle unless he has it himself.

So, drop the Mark of Nurgle from mino's, drop the Mark of Slaanesh from Knights, add another Warrior to the non-chosen and buy a bunch of Warhounds

And as for the hardness of getting Warriors and Marauders, you can buy the sprews directly from their online-store, or, you can ask in your local store if you can bitz-order via them

corben_da
08-01-2006, 12:17
i'll just have to say that i disslike very much mixing different gods!
i think that unidivided with one mark would be fine. but this is only my
opinion and i'm true to just one god in my mortal army: Slaanesh
daemonic legion army of mine is Nurgle

Brother xavier
10-01-2006, 22:15
What about:

HEROES
General: Exalted champion with sword of might and gaze of the gods, shield, barded chaos steed and mark of slaanesh= 188 Joins Knights

Lvl 2 Sorcerer with power familiar and mark of slaanesh = 190

CORE
5 Chosen Knights with full command mark of slaanesh and warbanner = 320

12 chosen warriors with full command, mark of slaanesh, great weapons = 314

15 warriors with full command, shields, mark of slaanesh, rapturous standard = 325

20 marauders with full command, light armour, shields = 165

SPECIAL
3 Minotaurs, mark of slaanesh, light armour, great weapons, bloodkine, standard bearer= 207

RARE
Dogs of war cannon =85
TOTAL:2000pts

Latro
10-01-2006, 22:44
Take a look at how much points you are paying to give the unit of Chosen Warriors of Slaanesh an extra rank-bonus ... roughly 100 pts (5 wide).

Do you really want to pay that much points for it? For 100 pts you can also get:

- 3 units of 5 Warhounds, incredibly useful for redirecting charges and claiming corners

- a unit of Marauder Horsemen, always a good buy (even change for some Warhounds as well)

- a flock of Furies, bye bye warmachines!

Just a thought.

:cool:

Brother xavier
10-01-2006, 22:51
Is that looking at my most recent army list or at my first list?

Flypaper
11-01-2006, 06:24
Well, it's true of the second one too - although you can't really drop a rank as you're bound to the 10-model minimum unit size. ;)

Most people aren't big fans of the Chosen upgrades on foot troops, but if your heart is set on it then you've probably got the best configuration for 'em.

This new list is much better. Light on models, but then that's what you get when you play all-elite Chaos! About the only suggestion I'd make is that you're very light on support troops. Something you can charge out the front to distract the opponent, absorb missile fire that would otherwise hit your expensive foot troops, and hunt down lone mages.

...Any of Latro's suggestions would work well. Getting the points might be a problem if you want to keep the cannon, but you can at least nab five warhounds by dropping the Bloodkine (<- he sucks) and the standard off the minos (I'd personally only take a standard in a block of four), or alternatively just downgrading the Chosen Warriors.

Brother xavier
13-01-2006, 02:01
What about dropping the light armour, Bloodkine and standard bearer in the minotaurs for 8 warhounds (1pt less). And also dropping the sorcerer's steed for another undivided warrior(1pt less), making the Knights unchosen and adding two more(6pts more), and swapping the chosen's great weapons for haldberds so they can still use their high inititive (I used them this way in a recent battle and they took down a Giant in two turns after I cast Titilating Delusions on it). The total then equals 2004pts