PDA

View Full Version : VC what to do?

Deacon Bane
22-07-2009, 16:14
I tried the search function, but could not get the results. I will be facing a 2250 VC list in an upcoming tourney, I don't know what exactly he is using, but he is a competitve player. I have yet to face VC so I was looking for help. I am using WOC, 4x5 Warhounds, 3 units of Horsemen, 3Units of Marauders, 8x knights, 3x DO, Giant and Cannon. Along with 2 lv2 Sorcerors and Wulfrik. Any markable units will have Khorne or Slaanesh, so psycology will be limited problem. From talkinh to others, he will have 13 PD and 10DD, A Vargulf, Black Knights the Coach, and many skellies. Any suggestions or advice?

Caine Mangakahia
23-07-2009, 05:01
I tried the search function, but could not get the results. I will be facing a 2250 VC list in an upcoming tourney, I don't know what exactly he is using, but he is a competitve player. I have yet to face VC so I was looking for help. I am using WOC, 4x5 Warhounds, 3 units of Horsemen, 3Units of Marauders, 8x knights, 3x DO, Giant and Cannon. Along with 2 lv2 Sorcerors and Wulfrik. Any markable units will have Khorne or Slaanesh, so psycology will be limited problem. From talkinh to others, he will have 13 PD and 10DD, A Vargulf, Black Knights the Coach, and many skellies. Any suggestions or advice?

Dispel Scrolls are your friend. Infernal puppet will make it a real risk for him to throw too many dice at singel spells, so you will see lots of single dice spam , black tounge might help there. Vilich is very powerful against VC.
Chaos Knights and Chariots are fantastic (Khorne chariots). Flying Wizards aare also difficlt for VC to stop.

apbevan
27-07-2009, 19:10
If he is running that many dice his vampires will be easy prey if you can get to them.

Skeletons rely on static CR to win get rid of their rank bonus and they will crumble a lot quicker regardless of his casting dice.

His Knights, Vargulf and Coach are his hammer units, use your hard hitters against his Knights or Vargulf if you cant' get to his Vampires. Your marauders are all better than his skeletons and can win if you have a flank.

Black Coach is weak vs static CR, if you can get it by itself all the better. Remember its a chariot so 1 S7 hit and its dead.

Dispel scrolls are not going to go very far so only use them when it will make a difference. I.E on a high cast spell or a Dance when he is low on dice.

Don't be discouraged by his raising of units. It may look bad as they get bigger but once combat begins there will be a certain swing point where the unit can't recover from.

Things to watch for:
-Helm of command, can pass wearers WS to 1 unit per combat phase.
-Raising of zombies to bait frenzy units.