PDA

View Full Version : First Waaaagggghhh of the White Orcs

tribal
22-07-2009, 21:46
Ok im fed up playing my Vampire Counts i hate magic lol so im planning a new spangly White Orc tribe will it be wrong to paint my orks white? i have most of the models, its an all comers list with no real maggic offense which i like, C and C greatly appreciated ive tried using a bit of evrything and seem to suffer from symetrical syndrome lol some reason i like my army to be symetrical dont know why :confused:

Orc Warboss w/ Protecty Amulet, Best Basher, Light Armour and Boar

Orc big boss BSB w/ Mork’s Spirit Totem, Light Armour and Boar

Night Goblin Shaman w/ Dispel Scroll

Core

28 Orc Shield Boyz w/ Full Command

28 Orc Shield Boyz w/ Full Command

24 Night Goblins w/ musician and fanatic

20 Night Goblins w/ musician Fanatic

20 Night Goblins w/ musician Fanatic

5 Goblin Wolf Riders w/ musician

5 Goblin Wolf Riders w/ musician

3 Bases of Snotlings

Special

5 Orc Boar Boyz w/ musician

5 Orc Boar Boyz w/ musician

2 Orc Boar Chariots

Rare

3 trollz

3 trollz

Total 1999pts

Im not sure to scrap the snotlings and give my general the armour of Gork? they dont fit the symetry lol again all comments welcome how would it compete agaisnt most armies :evilgrin:

lcfr
23-07-2009, 03:22
You'd definitely be going against the grain by painting your orcs white, but no one's stopping you! :)

On the other hand, if you're worried that chicks won't dig you because you didn't paint your O&Gs green, you could always just paint 'em green and then paint great chunks of 'white warpaint' on them!

tribal
23-07-2009, 10:56
Haha only thought of painting them white as their in the book, it says about the rare white orc's of mount grimfang, not sure if it ment skin or armour though, oh well if the chicks dont dig the white orks ill have to paint myself green lol

rtunian
23-07-2009, 13:24
go ahead and paint their skin white, but still use a thraka green wash for shading. it'll make them look very, very pale green.

as far as your list goes....

general - no point for him to wear any armor if he has the amulet of protectyness on. no armor save or ward save that he has will ever count with that amulet on. only the armor and ward save of the attacker. by extension, one could argue that the boar is 24 wasted points too, since it's only for 1 ws3 s3/5 attack (no armor save benefit from boar either with amulet on)

shaman - if you are going to use him just for mdef, why not find 25 extra points for the staff of sneaky stealing? -1 enemy PD and +1 DD every turn is better than 1 certain dispel imo

trolls - imo you should change your trolls from 2x3 trolls to 1x4 river trolls

boar boyz - savage orc boar boyz are better, especially since you already have fast cav and snotlings to use for screening