PDA

View Full Version : Chronicles I-III?

sigur
06-01-2006, 11:40
Hey there!

I just got the possibility to quire the Charonicles books quite cheaply, but I'm not sure if I need them all. So which one is the most important ones of them? Are there 1-2 of them (the older ones, I'd assume) that are less interesting?

I tried to find information about what articles the books include, but couldn't find any.:( So if anyone of you could help me, it would be appreciated.

skavenguy13
06-01-2006, 12:09
Can't you just ask to get a look at it before you buy them?

Festus
06-01-2006, 14:42
If they are really cheap, buy them all.

They all include interesting and important material (although most rules and army lists are available as well on the GW homepage).

If for nothing else, they are nicer to carry around than a computer... :)

Greetings
Festus

Griefbringer
06-01-2006, 22:14
If they are really cheap, buy them all.

I'll second that - though I have done the mistake of not acquiring the 2003 version, which contained some material (mainly the Albion DoWs and such) not reprinted anywhere else.

Tarax
07-01-2006, 13:33
Actually, I dislike 2003. 2002 includes very handy articles explaining troublesome rules, while 2004 includes the latest ( :rolleyes: ) Q&A and FAQ. But these are also found on the website.

I agree that if they're cheap, buy them all, they all include some nice pictures and tips.

Keller
07-01-2006, 18:45
It took me forever to find a copy of 2002 Annual. Having started playing just after it was realeased, I wasn't too involved in the game to care about the extra stuff in those books. Later, I was wishing I had the explainations, especially for Siege. I didn't find a copy until just this past Summer.

If you don't want to spend the money, you could probably do without 2003 Chronicles, though I suggest buying it. It contains all of the Albion campaign info, including the Truthsayer, Dark Emmissary, and Fenbeast units, as well as all of the new magic items that armies were awarded during that campaign and are not found in their army books. Also included is the Trial WE list (of no use now, but still interesting), the Dogs of War special characters, and some great looking armies from various tournements.