PDA

View Full Version : Releases of 2009-2010

Lotoc_Sabbath
23-07-2009, 11:07
This is the general program of what will happen from now till summer 2010.
Remember that this is not a sure program but it is fairly reliable and rememver that between february and June also fantasy will take some new things...enjoy:D

So guys this is the confirmed program of which codex will be coming out in the next few months...

FONT: Generally GW-Phill Kelly and Alessio Cavatore:

General Calendar (NOT PRECISE OR TOTALLY SURE BUT VERY ACCURATE AND RELIABLE):

September: Secret Box
October: Space Wolves
November: skaven
December: probably nothing but possibly necrons
January-February:Surely Necrons
March-May: blood angels, black templars and dark angels are said to come out all together in one of these months.

General Info:

Tyranids are also on the work and they will be released in the spring 2010.
DE will not be released till a year min. from 'today' because Jess Goodowin can't manage to get mins finished and he really needs to do many.
Necrons: surely released between december-February because they really need a re-work and because GW is working on them.
Marines Chapters are going to have a codex and fairly many new mins.

Also:
Eldar are going to receive many new mins in plastic.
The guard is going to have a release of mins. in august and another small one onwards.
Secret Box still has no confirmation of what it will be.

For the rest I am really sorry for Dark Eldar Players but this is reality.

If I forgot something I will edit the post...

boogle
23-07-2009, 11:14
Necrons IF this is true wouldn't be a December release, and also Feb would be a WFB release, March and LOTR release, and we've heard stuff about Templars and Blood Angels being done, but nothing about Dark Angels

Also Nids may usurp both as they have the oldest 4th Ed codex.

Starchild
23-07-2009, 11:15
The Necron release seems more of an assumption than a solidly-based rumour... could happen though, since the range doesn't need that much of a facelift.

BA, DA, and BT between March and May seems likely, again because these armies already have well-established model ranges.

Possible candidates for Eldar plastic rework: jetbikes (spotted on record), support weapons, and fire prisms (yay, no more metal+plastic modeling hell!) ;)

Charax
23-07-2009, 11:15
The Dark Angels next year bit makes me sceptical. I know GW can't go more than a few months without indulging their Marine fetish, but releasing three chapters in 3 months would seem like just inviting criticism.

Lotoc_Sabbath
23-07-2009, 11:17
Yea it is not confirmed I said but in the GD Spain Phill Kelly clearly said that the SM codex chapters are going to have a re-work, maybe not dark angels but i think all the codex chapter are going to get released

Satan
23-07-2009, 11:23
You left Daemons out.

Lotoc_Sabbath
23-07-2009, 11:24
You left Daemons out.

yea....why?

they are absolutely the army, with IG SM and orks, that needs less updates than anyone else...:confused:

Bestial Fury
23-07-2009, 11:24
Marines Chapters are going to have a codex and fairly many new mins.

Nice bit of info. Thanks!

On the quote above, what is meant by this?

Deus Mechanicus
23-07-2009, 11:25
The Dark Angels next year bit makes me sceptical. I know GW can't go more than a few months without indulging their Marine fetish, but releasing three chapters in 3 months would seem like just inviting criticism.

The more interesting question is, what will they release after that? 6th edition and a new Codex: Space Marines?

Tarax
23-07-2009, 11:27
DE will not be released till a year min. from 'today' because Jess Goodowin can't manage to get mins finished and he really needs to do many.

I'm sure it takes some time to get a model done, but one year for how many models? I'm sure the Perry twins will release a dozen a week, for many different games (historical, fantasy and scifi).

Lotoc_Sabbath
23-07-2009, 11:29
The more interesting question is, what will they release after that? 6th edition and a new Codex: Space Marines?

mmm...no, they are going to release DE first of all and during this period there will be some releases of lotr, some boxes, as in fantasy there will be some new boxes and one new codex.

In the summer anyway after DE '???' there will be LOTr and fantasy dominating for a while and once they've finished updating all the codex I think they are going to stay stable for a while, updating miniature. WHY? because the 5th ed is wonderful and playing it with all updated codexs is good. why doing all this codexs and then changing ed. it wouldn't have sense ha?!

Mart007
23-07-2009, 11:34
I really hope there is some truth in that codex chapter. It does get a bit tiresome all the SM dex's when they are all pretty much the same except for armour colour and a few special rules.

It will give way to help GW bring out dex's more easily IMHO, as they dont overhaul the minis (dont need to with most armies now - excluding DE and Inq). May help with the frustraions of really old dex's - cool.

Lucky
23-07-2009, 11:34
At this stage alot of this sounds bogus. Where are you getting the information from?

Xelloss
23-07-2009, 11:37
March-May: blood angels, black templars and dark angels are said to come out all together in one of these months.

Three space marines codices the same month ? Well, everyone will be happy :
- BA, BT and DA players for new codex :cool:
- Xenos players for 1 release slot used for SM instead of 3 !

I can't wait having more information/confirmation !

Lotoc_Sabbath
23-07-2009, 11:37
FONT: Generally GW-Phill Kelly and Alessio Cavatore:

@Lucky:here u are....(also GD SPAIN)

MadDoc
23-07-2009, 11:38
Yea it is not confirmed I said but in the GD Spain Phill Kelly clearly said that the SM codex chapters are going to have a re-work, maybe not dark angels but i think all the codex chapter are going to get released

Yea, why break with tradition and leave the DA players with anything other than a subpar Codex... :rolleyes:

If this is true I hope GW at least have the good sense to bring all three Codices upto snuff at once, they should be reasonably easy fixes and with them out of the way the other armies can get the attention they need as well.

Deus Mechanicus
23-07-2009, 11:41
why doing all this codexs and then changing ed. it wouldn't have sense ha?!

Because once Games Workshop runs out of Marine codex to put out to fifth they must update to 6th edition so they can release all marine chapter codecii again.

Harry
23-07-2009, 11:43
Necrons are being worked on but not on THAT time scale.

Space Marine Chapters are being worked on but not ALL of them.

Jes is still working on Dark Eldar minis but he does not have THAT much left to do.

There is also stuff being worked on that you have not even mentioned.

You must not read too much into one conversation. They will throw you a few scraps but this does not a release schedule make.

Brimstone
23-07-2009, 11:50
What Harry said.

Sorry I have serious doubts about this schedule after the end of this year.

Hokiecow
23-07-2009, 11:52
Harry, you give me hope for DE...

Satan
23-07-2009, 11:53
yea....why?

they are absolutely the army, with IG SM and orks, that needs less updates than anyone else...:confused:

I was referring to their Second Wave, which I believe is due within, or just after the timeframe you've presented.

@Harry, thanks for clearing that up, and any hints on aforementioned Daemonic timeframe of release would also be highly appreciated. ;)

Harry
23-07-2009, 12:04
...any hints on aforementioned Daemonic timeframe of release would also be highly appreciated.
Erm .... later. :D

Satan
23-07-2009, 12:06
Erm .... later. :D

Oh well. That gives me plenty of time to work on some CSM and other projects in the meantime. :D Thanks.

BigBarryJazz
23-07-2009, 12:07
Possible candidates for Eldar plastic rework: jetbikes (spotted on record), support weapons, and fire prisms (yay, no more metal+plastic modeling hell!) ;)

If we do get jetbikes, then presumably that'll include shining spears. Do people think wraithguard could be a good possibility too? I'd love some plastic warlocks as well but I'd be quite surprised if they do happen.

With regards to the Fire Prism; wasn't it hinted that Forge World were working on one with the prism attached to the hull, like the MkII Cobra, or did I imagine that?

Jono-NI
23-07-2009, 12:10
I think what "Satan" meant was when is the daemon second wave coming? :P

EDIT Sorry he already said that :)

Souleater
23-07-2009, 12:20
Oh, well by the sound of it I'll get one codex Springtime next year.

Odin
23-07-2009, 12:48
I'm sure there's some useful nuggets of information in there, but surely GW won't release all their Marine chapters altogether. One big SM release a year keeps the money coming in nice and steadily, so it would be madness to release them all at once.

Shame, as I'd love a new Dark Angels codex (maybe they could try something new and release a decent one!).

Brimstone
23-07-2009, 12:53
I'm sure there's some useful nuggets of information in there.

Eight months of nothing but 40K releases I don't think so.

I thank the OP for posting but this IMO is more 10&6 we're going to a dance than anything else.

Bestial Fury
23-07-2009, 13:00
So what are the details on this "Chapter Codex"?? Is there another thread that I missed?

Brimstone
23-07-2009, 13:04
So what are the details on this "Chapter Codex"?? Is there another thread that I missed?

It doesn't exist.

ichbala
23-07-2009, 13:06
Eight months of nothing but 40K releases I don't think so.

I thank the OP for posting but this IMO is more 10&6 we're going to a dance than anything else.

Because this is the 40k rumor thread, no fantasy are allowed

Brimstone
23-07-2009, 13:10
Because this is the 40k rumor thread, no fantasy are allowed

Oh wow really!!!!!

The OP with the exception of the Skaven gives months for codex release dates.

If you think GW will release anything else major at the same time as a codex/armybook then your mistaken.

loveless
23-07-2009, 13:13
So...effectively, this thread is "Here's what's coming up through November!" followed by random conjecture. Awesome, just what N&R needs. :rolleyes:

Sarevok
23-07-2009, 13:14
yea....why?

Well they only have 3 plastic sets (the WFB equivalent has 2).

Plus they already have a Daemon prince done, and I guess they are waiting for the best time to release him (with other daemons).

Dosadi
23-07-2009, 13:20
Outside of Six months there is really very little set in stone. There is a plan, but plans change (Planetstrike was going to come out in late 2007 but they delayed it and went with 5th edition instead for example. That’s why we had Planetstrike rumors for so long).

I’d like to see DE in early 2010, but I wouldn’t be surprised if a certain bug like xenos gets a new codex first.

Next summer is going to be very WHFB heavy (like summer 2008 was for 40k *hint*hint*).

Dosadi

t-tauri
23-07-2009, 13:20
Moved to other GW as it's Fantasy, 40k and speculation all rolled into one.

Condottiere
23-07-2009, 13:25
What happened to 2010 being the Year of Fantasy?

Lord Malorne
23-07-2009, 13:26
What happened to 2010 being the Year of Fantasy?

To early to say.

Condottiere
23-07-2009, 13:29
I really think that it's meant to be 2011, and BRB8.

Nuada
23-07-2009, 14:03
They've kept it secret very well. I guess because external playtesters play no part

BigBadBull
23-07-2009, 14:32
Is it logical to assume that Gw MAY roll several of the non ultra codex chapters in to one larger book like an Anti Ultra Marine Imperium dex? We have confirmations on the Black Templars and Blood Angels for next year, I have yet to see a Dark Angel rumor confirmed, and since they are one of the most recent ( yet some what out of favor due to the much over powered Marine dex). I'd doubt they get some thing new this soon unless GW decided it needed to push Termies for some reason. Only way they are coming out this soon is rolled in with another chapter.

We do know the Nids are coming , as we have also seen some new Orks , Eldar, and Daemons, and some sculpts of new Tau.

My money is on Chaos Legions, Nid or Tau. The other possibility is a big campaign next summer with most races getting some thing new since we keep seeing little snippets here and there of multiple different race add on's. Much like wha thappened with Medusa V.

Putty
23-07-2009, 14:43
atm i'm just looking forward to the new chimera release... and the possibility of plastic storm-troopers.

not too keen on storm troopers but much more for the new chimera.

although i'm a necron and tyranids player, i'm not too bothered with when either is being released.

hope is the path to disappointment, no? ;)

Bregalad
23-07-2009, 15:24
Weird starting post. Thanks for trying to be helpful, but I don't believe one word. Apart from what we already know (like "IG having an August release"), everything else contradicts logic and other rumours.

1.) Necrons as December Codex or January Codex, already dismissed a while ago by Harry. "Necron Codex because they need it" is no reason, but obviously wishful thinking, revealing the true source.

2.) 5 Codices or rather 5 armies in 3 Codices between January and May. Never happened before, esp. not in the officially announced "Fantasy year", esp. not 3 Marine Codices in one.

3.) "Source by Phil and Alessio". Sorry, they wouldn't tell anything, esp. not such nonsense. "Not precise but accurate, not sure but reliable" sums it up nicely ;)

Good that the content has already been dismissed by Harry and Brimstone.

II Orar II
23-07-2009, 15:27
I don't believe that schedule DE i'm preety sure are underway instead of necrons. Necrons later than DE. I agree black templars are next year.

Purge the Heretic
23-07-2009, 17:09
We've seen a grey knight land raider redeemer come from forge world, and heard rumors for a DH 2010 release, additionally, there was the larger scale model at games day, and a few...is that plastic or metal, is that a real sculpt pics flying around.

unfortunately still no rumors on the sisters front...

Exorcist seems to be selling well though, at least its the first model in the 2009 direct order catalog.

*crosses fingers for out of left field plastic sisters*

Harry
23-07-2009, 17:31
unfortunately still no rumors on the sisters front...

... doesn't mean nothing is happening ...

Gascogne
23-07-2009, 18:11

Perhaps we should place an Ork Warboss behind him in order to motivate him to work faster, or should we just paint him red instead? ;)

Kettu
23-07-2009, 18:19
... doesn't mean nothing is happening ...

Lets see,
No apoc datasheets... check
No Stratagems in Planet strike... check
No mention within the 5th ed rulebook... check
No mention in a year and a half worth of WDs... check
No mention, afaik, at any GW event...check

Well, to all of us it sadly looks like GW doesn't even know the Sisters exist anymore.

Unless there is something you wish to share?

loveless
23-07-2009, 18:34
Bah, Sisters don't need all of that stuff to still be amazingly cool.

I don't really know what kind of planetstrike goodies they'd have had, anyway - I mean, they don't exactly have wide access to ships on their own. They could have come up with some cool defensive stuff, however.

The 5th Ed rulebook was rather shoddy on fluff mentions when I went through it - i ultimately didn't mind picking up the paperback version of it.

They and the Dark Eldar both featured in the last hurrah of the original Dawn of War. They also featured prominently in an expansion for Dark Heresy.

In the long run, the Sisters are still very much around - the lack of information is just as much indicative of a forthcoming update as it is of a lack of said update.

I'd say there's some sort of change, sure - but there's really no evidence one way or the other. Plus, they'll need some extra love to get a decent plastic presence.

Harry
23-07-2009, 18:34
Lets see,
No apoc datasheets... check
No Stratagems in Planet strike... check
No mention within the 5th ed rulebook... check
No mention in a year and a half worth of WDs... check
No mention, afaik, at any GW event...check

Well, to all of us it sadly looks like GW doesn't even know the Sisters exist anymore.

Unless there is something you wish to share?

It is true they have got better at keeping things under their hat. :D

Schmapdi
23-07-2009, 18:52
Bah, Sisters don't need all of that stuff to still be amazingly cool.

True, but some of us would still like them to come out with some plastic, so they would be even slightly affordable. Plus I'm hoping they do something so Celestians, Dominions and Retributors (I think) aren't all just normal sisters with slightly different weapon loadouts.

I still think GW just needs to officially name the line "Female Space Marines" and then they'd have a codex and dozens of new models out before the end of the year.

boogle
23-07-2009, 18:53
Harry you are such a tease

BigBadBull
23-07-2009, 20:54
Yeah I've started seeing a resurgence for them since Vulcan Hes'tan came out... wonder why? :)

only joking...
23-07-2009, 21:04
It is true they have got better at keeping things under their hat. :D

Holy **** I love you Harry! :D

Seriously though this thread seems like a whole new load of BS and conjecture (well apart from the ever reliable Harry and Brimstone). Most of this seems like wishlisting and fantasy...

Vermin-thing
23-07-2009, 22:02
Orctober: orcy goodness. :D :D + space puppies.
Skavemver: The vile (and uber) ratmen. :D :D :D <<<random LotR/WotR releases. (some ware in here)
December: WHFB 2nd/3rd wave? + 3rd wave of 40k orks.
January-February: beasts of chaos. :D
March-May: tomb kings.

[wrong]December is most likely going to be ether the Orcs & Goblins second wave[wrong] (after the release of Azhag in September), Daemons second wave (both systems), and MAYBE the rumored dark elves second wave.

For the O&G release there will be some type of boar boyz, and most likely a few other things, not sure though. (new normal goblins to match the night goblins perhaps?) (hopes for new savage orcs)

For the Daemons we will see the new prince, skeekers, plague bear-ers, and MAYBE horrors. Of curse there will be some of the missing special characters.

The second wave dark elves might include dark riders (most likely), plastic harpies (could tie into the BoC release), and maybe a plastic set of executioners, or black guard. If we're lucky we might see a plastic cauldron of blood. (am I missing anything here?)

Jan-Feb (early next year quarter 1-2) will be beasts of chaos. Lots of new gribbly stuff there.

Next up in Mar-May (middle quarter 2-3) will be tomb kings. (there could be a small LotR release)

I'm looking forward to next year as it "is" a fantasy year.

Lord Gabriel Lupus
23-07-2009, 22:11
Just can't see the OP's theory coming to fruition for a number of reasons, but here's my impression of the state of play (yes, I'm prepared to get shouted at/ignored/etc but hey:p);

Personally I think Nids are still perfectly useable - new codex NOT essential,

Necrons (though agreeably an OLD codex) still performs exceedingly well - you can use them and win, you can use them and lose... seems fine to me... - new codex NOT essential,

Sisters of Battle/Grey Knights - they do still work - not as easy to use as some other armies, but stick with them and you'll find good lists - new codex NOT essential

Dark Eldar - I think these are the guys (xeno scum ;)) really need/deserve/etc a new codex (and "No", I don't collect them, or have intention of coillecting them if they were re-codexed). But... well... we'll see,

Marines (any flavour - other than codex) they are going to get new codex's - it's just what happens. They are the iconic 40k thing, sell well, are inherently cool, etc... so lets just accept them.

Harry
23-07-2009, 22:14
@Vermin-thing

I am sorry but...

... There is nearly nothing accurate in that entire post.

DonkeyMan
23-07-2009, 22:23
Hmmm, all the near vanilla SM's in one codex would be a great idea or split them in two to three instead of each getting their own.

Give us a new "Angels of Darkness" codex for example with Blood Angels and Dark Angels in it.
Then you could do another one with Templars, Salamanders & other and call it something like "Forces of Retribution" or whatever. I'm not good in making up names, but I guess you get my picture.

This would free up some release spots for non SM Armies.

only joking...
23-07-2009, 22:36
December is most likely going to be ether the Orcs & Goblins second wave (after the release of Azhag in September), Daemons second wave (both systems), and MAYBE the rumored dark elves second wave.

For the O&G release there will be some type of boar boyz, and most likely a few other things, not sure though. (new normal goblins to match the night goblins perhaps?)

For the Daemons we will see the new prince, skeekers, plague bear-ers, and MAYBE horrors. Of curse there will be some of the missing special characters.

The second wave dark elves might include dark riders (most likely), plastic harpies, and maybe a plastic set of executioners, or black guard. If we're lucky we might see a plastic cauldron of blood. (am I missing anything here?)

Jan-Feb will be beasts of chaos. Lots of new gribbly stuff there. ;)

Next up in Mar-May will be tomb kings. (there could be a small LotR release)

I'm looking forward to next year as it "is" a fantasy year.

:eyebrows: Thanks for the wishlist.

Ozorik
23-07-2009, 23:31
The plan at the mo is 2010 for 8th edition. ..with Lothern seaguard and skaven

Well thats an unlikely paring.

lotrchampion
23-07-2009, 23:36
I'm afraid beyond November, I can't believe a word of the OP list, as others have stated. Considering that there are supposedly Beasts and Tomb Kings in the pipeline at some point next year, as well as an influx of new LotR models for the WotR and SBG (similar release style to the Galadhrim I'd guess), I very much doubt such a 40k-centric list would be accurate. Especially when 2010 is meant to be a fairly major year for Fantasy.

Vermin-thing
24-07-2009, 01:51
@Vermin-thing

I am sorry but...

...There is nearly(I think this is the key word here) nothing accurate in that entire post.

EH???? :confused: :eek: :cries:

I thought the general idea was that there would be one more wave for fantasy, beasts of chaos first thing next year, and tomb kings next. With random 40k, and LotR releases in between. Also I forgot about the WoC second wave.

My list is just a educated guess since I'm not in the know like you. ;)

You can't kill the curious one for trying. :angel:

At least now I can make a more accurate list! :evilgrin: Muhahahaha!

Well regardless of accurate content the point I was trying to make was that the OP's list was wayyyy to focused on 40k. It's WFB's time in the lime light!

Harry
24-07-2009, 06:26
You can't kill the curious one for trying. :angel:

Well regardless of accurate content the point I was trying to make was that the OP's list was wayyyy to focused on 40k. It's WFB's time in the lime light!
Indeed it is and you made that point well.

I wasn't trying to 'slap you around' just trying to 'keep it real'. :angel:

Vermin-thing
24-07-2009, 09:02
I have now edited my first list. :evilgrin:

The time table is slowly coming together. Muhahahaha! I'm dieing due to all the suspense! :cries: :D

I like jigsaw puzzles. :)