PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos 2250

Khaos_Panzer
23-07-2009, 21:38
It's been a while since I play WHFB, so I came back with the same army I always played, Chaos.

Here it goes, any criticism is welcomed... cheers.

Lord: 380 pts
- shield, mark of khorne, axe of khorne, crown of everlasting conquest, juggernaut

Exalted Hero: 184 pts
- halberd, shield, acid ichor, daemonic mount

5x Horsemen: 125 pts
- mark of slaanesh, shields, spears, throwing axes, full command

5x Warhounds: 30 pts

5x Knights: 285 pts
- full command, banner of rage

5x Knights: 275 pts
- full command, war banner

5x Knights: 250 pts
- full command

3x Dragon Ogres: 231 pts
- great weapons

Warshrine: 150 pts
- mark of tzeentch

Total: 2250 pts

So i made a themed army - cavalry and no magic, true northern barbarian kind of thing (whatever)... but, will this work?

Thanx!

Khaos_Panzer
24-07-2009, 09:18
bump... please? someone?

TheDean04
24-07-2009, 21:08
no magic makes me nervous. maybe add in a caddy?

Unuhexium
24-07-2009, 21:26
^ What he said. This armé wouldn't last long against a magic heavy list (if he manage to stall you). Some basic magic protection wouldn't hurt.

I'm a bit worried about the warshrine aswell. When your other dudes have started bashing some faces it will still be near or in your deployment zone.

Death Korp
24-07-2009, 23:45
Warshrines only work in Infantry lists to be honest, everything in this army is too fast for the Warshrine.

I would take off the shrine and add a Sorcerer with 2 Dispel Scrolls. Give the Marauder Horsemen just musicians, the Champ and Standard bearer are wasted points, as they are not going to last long anyway. With them points spare, mark all the knights with the MoS, gives them ITP, so it dosen't make them run away. I'd get rid of the spears and keep the throwing axes, as there is alot of points into the Marauder Horsemen who aren't that durable.

Halberds only work on foot I think, so a flail would be best for the exalted.

Hope this helps,

DK

Witchblade
25-07-2009, 02:11
You sure you'd like to play this list? I mean, it's pretty monotonous and straightforward.

Artemis360
28-07-2009, 01:31
The full command on the horsemen is pointless. Not only are horsemen fragile but their effectiveness doesnt really get boosted by command at all. They run in, smash stuff with their flails and hope that does the job. Standard and musician is only going to make it a more expensive loss. In my experience, this is the optimum setup:

81 points - 5x Horsemen, flails, musician (add mark of slaanesh/more horsemen if you feel like it)

or

105 points - 5x horsemen, flails, mark of khorne

Although throwing axes aren't bad either. I also think the heroes aren't great. I'd really re-work them. Acid ichor always seemed terrible to me, although I admit I never tried it. If you're taking no magic defence its good youve got a juggernaut that could join one unit. For the other hero you could always do this:

Exalted, BSB, barded steed, flail, shield, mark of tzeentch, collar of khorne and maybe bronze armour if you're worried about killing blow. This combo has always served me well, especially when you're light on magic defence.