PDA

View Full Version : The Rot, A GT Nurgle Daemon Log

oCoYoRoAoKo
23-07-2009, 21:48
Hey all,

GT time has come round again it seems and i have decided to do a Nurgle Daemons of Chaos force. Usually the only thing that gets me painting any length of time in advance is a painting log so here i am :D

First up, the Army List:

06/08/10: Updated list for this year's GT.

Great Unclean One: 165
Cloud of Flies

Cloud of Flies

4 Blood Crushers: 200
Full Command

4 Blood Crushers: 200
Full Command

7 Plaguebearers: 105

7 Plaguebearers: 105

6 Plaguebearers: 90

Daemon Prince: 155
Mark of Nurgle, Cloud of Flies, Iron Hide, Nox Touch

And now for a couple of pics :D

For the 3 Princes i decided to use the Forgeworld plague ogryns. They arrived in the mail this morning so after cleaning and greenstuffing the gaps, i started on the first to get my test colorscheme down. I am quite happy with how it came out and i think that with the addition of a little green wash on the metal for the final 'rust effect' the model will be more or less complete.

Also in the mail i have coming the FW Nurgle daemon prince + herald (to be used as my Greater Daemon and herald)

Im also planning instead of Plague bearers to create a horde of plague zombies (in no way inspired by Galaxy in Flames. Honest :P )

Next time i should have some pics of the other Ogryns and possiby some early WIP shots of the Prince.

Cy.

eltanko
23-07-2009, 23:19
Nice start, good looking model, maybe needs a bit more colour to break it up a little, but does look good. the purple tentacle looks good aswell :)
How are you going to base them?

ElTanko

oCoYoRoAoKo
24-07-2009, 01:08
hey eltanko, thanks for the feedback. Ive added a few more layers of highlighting to the purple tongue and intestines so that the whole model isnt so dark anymore. As for the basing, i havent decided on a scheme yet. At the moment im leaning towards a kind of fetid bog/swamp style base. Ive also heard of a technique used to make rice maggots which i may try out :D

Cy.

FraustyTheSnowman
24-07-2009, 02:33
Wow...I've never seen one of those plague ogryn that I liked...until now. Really like the pallet you chose. Looking forward to the rest of the army, especially the plague zombies.

You sure about the list? Epidemius in a grand tournament seems...risky to say the least.

kormas
24-07-2009, 07:34
looking realy realy nice mate :D

i am dubious about the nurgle herald at a GT tho, there are far better choices but i guess you are themed army :D

oCoYoRoAoKo
24-07-2009, 08:07
Kormas and Frausty: I do see your point about the risks of taking Eppi and the Herald of Nurgle. I'd rather not drop Eppi because i think that he works nicely with the list but TBH the Herald was just thrown in because at the time i couldnt think of another way to spend the 80 points i had left and he kinda just stuck :P

On reflection, i think that if i scrapped the herald and dropped one plaguebarer from each of the non-icon units i can afford a nice large 8-strong unit of nurglings. This would probably be a better choice in a GT setting.

Expect some more plague ogryn pics tonight. The mail hasnt come yet so if im lucky my daemon prince might be with me today :D

Thanks for the feedback.

Cy.

gonzosbignose
24-07-2009, 09:48
Cy

Firstly, thats a bit of a mean list! Suicide princes and Epidemius is hard to deal with and Toughness 5 / FNP will always be some of my favourite words!

Your first DPrinces look great, and i feel sure that the splashes of color to break up the browns will make them more stand out.

The other way to make these models breath taking, as well as rock hard! ;-) is to give them great bases!

What else is in the pipeline and how are you planning on doing your zomibes!

Regards

My name is Daniel and i am a wargamer

oCoYoRoAoKo
24-07-2009, 16:19
Hey all,

Papa Nurgle really is smiling down on me today. My Prince has finally arrived :D After a bit of fiddling with the piping on his back he went togather quite smoothly.

His greenstuff is still setting but ive put in a couple of pics just to show what a beast he truly is :D Also, ive got pics of my second Plague Ogryn complete with some very basic source lighting from the lamp on his back. For the big guy i plan to do a similar color-scheme to the princes but ill have the opportunity to use more of the greens and purples on it to make him really stand out.

BTW, on my monitor it looks like the pics are coming out a little dark and i have to ramp up my brightness to see them properly. If anyone else has that problem, just do the same to see them for the true rot they are XD

gonzos: im going to re-read the bit in GIF to try and get the zombies close to what the lunar wolves were fighting. Off the top of my head though im planning to mix up the cadian/catachan/fantasy zombie sprues. this will give me some nice zombie imperial guard to start with and i can add to them easily as i see fit. Alternatively i could do something with the fantasy ghoul sprues but its still early days and i want to finish the bigger daemons (and nurglings should i decide to use them) before getting stuck in to the zombies.

Cy.

oCoYoRoAoKo
24-07-2009, 20:12
OK so it turns out i couldnt wait to start painting the big guy afterall :P

Here are some WIP pics. He's still too shiny at the mo (the last coat of matt varnish will sort that out) but apart from that, his main body is done. the pink nurgling still needs a bit of work but im very happy with what is quickly becoming my fav nurgling of all time (little slimer). Apart from that, the slime in the barrel still needs to be done, along with the nurglings and pipes, and the metal needs a little green wash/ink.

Edit: Ive since got rid of the purple blobs on his left arm and replaced them with normal flesh colored ones.

Cy.

eltanko
24-07-2009, 20:50
He looks disguistingly good! Has a lot more depth than the first guy did, very very nice.

ElTanko

kormas
25-07-2009, 09:30
looking disgusting (in a good way) so have you got any gameis in with these guys?, caus i have also started daemons (converted from skaven :D) and i hav found that they play VERY differently from normal armies

oCoYoRoAoKo
26-07-2009, 15:26
Hey all,

Ive got some fresh pics of my now finished GUO, complete with slime barrel :D Next up i plan to complete the 3rd prince and then move onto eppi.

Kormas: I have had a few games so far with a couple of wins and a number of draws. Something ive learned is that unlike other daemon armies, nurgle allows for closer deep-striking to the enemy. usually you wouldnt want to get too close due to being rapid-fired in the face. With nurgle though, they are so slow that you just have to get stuck in there. Having tested both the herald and the nurglings now, ive decided to go with the nurgs :D Unlike normal swarms, these buggers are daemons and therefore immune to instant death. THIS IS HUGE. they also have so many wounds that they are near impossible to shift.

Of course this means that im going to be paintig up some nurglings. They are a bit pricey however (40 UK for my 8 bases) so im looking into other things i can use instead. Ive been thinking of doing some giant flies/insects but this is all conceptual stuff that is still a long way off.

Cy.

oCoYoRoAoKo
28-07-2009, 18:25
Hey all,

a couple more pics here. this time of my 3rd plague ogryn. I didnt realise untill i had painted him how terrible the model actually is. the other two were really well designed, each with oodles of character. This one however is just a blob with horns :( Ah well. maybe i can salvage it with a decent basing scheme :D

Cy.

-=Lazuli=-
29-07-2009, 01:21
I'm liking these Ogryns very much! I like the guy with the can on hisback the most! The horns look kinda bland imo, but you can wash it with Delvan Mud or something or paint the lines.

Five stars!

Zaku41k
29-07-2009, 06:34
It's seriously gross, good job!

kormas
29-07-2009, 07:46
i have to agree that the last ogryn is a bit meh modelwise, but with your paint job and a creative base it should turn out good.

and i have to say that the flies are a deffinate must for your nurglings!, it has the potential to look realy good, as well as being very cost effective :D.

just wondering, how do you deal with tanks?, because looking at that list i can just see a mech army running alaround your army. the dps might be able to catch a few, but appart from them i can deffinatly see this list struggling with tanks :D.

gonzosbignose
29-07-2009, 09:09
Cy

Its interesting to hear about your plague zombie plans. I think your idea fo mixing in with the guard sprues is good, because fundamentally, they are going to be spawned off of turned guard one suspects.

The plague ogryns have turned out really nicely. The new washes do make painting so much easier, but to turn out a decent job as you have still requires skill and precision.

Your 'big buy' has turned out nicely, and his manky barrel of nurgle goodness looks fab

regards

My name is Daniel and I am a wargamer

oCoYoRoAoKo
02-08-2009, 18:13
Hey All,

Ive finally got some cash together it seems and so ive made a start on some of the plague zombies. Ive attached some early WIP shots of them but mostly they need greenstuffing where cloth meets bare skin, bits of the armor and flames on the flamer guy. It looks like that without just making 'generic zombies' i can get 18 out of a box of guard and a zombie box. Still no progress yet on eppi or the fly-swarms but so far things are looking on track (after i finish this one ive still got my GT fantasy army to pick/build/paint) for the GT in November.

Kormas: Ive given alot of thought to tank killing and apart for hitting them with a daemon prince or two, there isnt really much else i can do (i usually just deepstrike the 3 princes down next to one and use breath for 1-2 glancing hits). Granted, given most tanks rear armor of 10, even my plague bearers can hurt them in combat.

I havent had the opportunity to play mech tau/eldar yet but ive got plenty of testing time in hand to figure out the necessary tactics :D

Cy.

CapitanMee
02-08-2009, 19:41
Looks disgustingly perfect really looking froward to seeing what your zombies end up looking like painted. Could I ask how you painted your ogryns?

oCoYoRoAoKo
02-08-2009, 20:51
CaptainMee: thanks for the praise captain :D the ogryns were fairly straight foreward to paint really. Starting from a black undercoat, they were heavily drybrushed in bleached bone ~ well, i say heavily, but just painting them bone will also do :P Following this you give them a coat of the old flesh wash. ive looked around and cant find something that truly compairs to the flesh wash in the current GW range. Ogryn flesh is close but isnt as thick. mixing a little gloss varnish in with it helps though.

Flesh: all of the raised flesh areas are then drybrushed again in bleached bone (lightly this time, with heavier drybrushes around the face to pick out the detail) and all of the recesses like the folds under the skin are given a wash in badab black (i think this is easiest seen on the prince model).

Horns/Bone/Teeth/etc: start with a bleached bone undercoat. then highlight 50/50 bleached bone/skull white, and then with just bleached bone. Follow this with a watered down devlan mud.

Metals: Tin-Bitz drybrushed lightly with dwarf bronze and a light wash in the recesses of the green wash (whose name eludes me at the mo)

Red sores and Guts: for the red sores i just used layers of watered down mechrite red to blend the edges in with the main flesh color. For the purple its just liche purple with watered down layers of warlok purple, then purple ink and a layer of gloss varnish.

All of the green detailing is done in scorpion green.

Edit ~ 03/08/2009 : Ok, so ive managed to salvage some 9 or so nurglings from my fantasy nurglings and so as a result im not going to be doing a swarm of flies. However, in my never-ending tweaking to the list i may be including either a 6 strong seeker unit or a 5 strong bloodcrusher unit. Either way, ive had the idea to do plague bearers riding round on giant insects :D As i get round to doing more testing ill keep you posted if these should become a reality.

Cy.

gonzosbignose
03-08-2009, 08:32
Cy

The zombie guard have turned out excellent, just how i imagined them to be in my head, so fantastic work...

Now all that is required is a steady painting session to get them done, especially if you have a warhammer army to get done by november too!!!

regards

kormas
03-08-2009, 09:37
wow those nugle plague bearers are looking very promising, also if you get any games in it would be interesting to hear how you went :D

oCoYoRoAoKo
09-08-2009, 17:55
Hey all,

so you may have noticed that the list has changed once more. This is because i have had a few games with the daemons now and am starting to get a feel of their strengths and weaknesses.

On the plus side, the army is hard as nails. it can take alot of punishment and just keep coming, leaving plenty of troops to capture at the end of the game.

On the negative though, apart for the princes and to a lesser extent the greater daemon, there is just not enough potential for racking up the wounds for eppi. The whole army depends on the damage output of the 4 MCs to get rolling, and if they dont perform (or die) the plague bearers do not have enough power to win combats. Added to this the slowness of nurgle troops and we have a real problem on our hands. To solve this i have dropped one unit of plague bearers and added a unit of 6 fiends. This should give me the buffer i need to beat opponents in the event that the princes underperform. The only problem is, as you may have guessed is that they arent nurgle troops and dont count for the tally. Seeing as early game the bearers hardly do anything anyway, i think that they are a good investment.

On to the pics. Attached are some of the models i intend to use as fiends. the spawn box has a very nice fly head and a number of nurgle-ish components to it. put them together and we have the perfect fly-spawn to use as fiends. For painting, im planning on a similar scheme to the other daemons but with more flesh-tones to show that they were once human (like the zombies).

also, it looks like some sort of background is forming out of my model selection:

An imperial guard platoon falls under the influence of one of nurgles great plagues. The dead are brought back in a mockery of their past lives. those who did not fully succumb to the plague have found theirselves horribly mutated as the daemonic spore takes hold. Even mighty ogryns are no match for the walking rot, mutating into mighty beasts. eventually, enough power is generated that a great unclean one bursts forth from the warp to take command of the currupted army.

...or something like that (literature was never my strongpoint :P)

Cy.

FraustyTheSnowman
09-08-2009, 21:20
You should really try a few games without eppi...substituting a second unclean one instead.

The model you have for a fiend looks nice. I'm going to have to break down and get a bunch of spawn once I have money.

oCoYoRoAoKo
09-08-2009, 22:11
Frausty: I have considered replacing Eppi (especially now that the fiends are in). If i didnt have to take the army to the GT i would probably have just left the fiends out, leaving me with a very tough, albeit slightly flawed army. I think i see where you are coming from: with the fiends cutting back on a unit of PB, why have eppi at all?

I am at somewhat of a dilemma here as i have a vision of what the army will look like in my head but on paper its not so good. My problem i guess is that i could all too easily go all the way and re-do the whole army as multi-God with flamers and stuff but im trying to stay away from doing that.

to get a second GUO in there i would have to drop one fiend, and 2 nurgling bases. For the fiends its fine as theyll still do the job i want them for. for the nurglings however, they really work in larger groups and i dont think it would be wise to cut down on them.

I suppose i can give it a go to see how the army does without eppi but as i said before, the army is very much a late-game powerhouse and without Eppi, alot of the lpower of plage bearers and even the GUO disappears.

Cy.

FraustyTheSnowman
10-08-2009, 00:19
I should have explained myself a little better...My suggestion is dropping eppi and staying with the pure nurgle theme. With two unclean ones and three daemon princes, you should have a fair number of tank busters. Plague bearers can tackle ten armor on the rear, due to their 4 strength, and the big guys can handle the tougher nuts. They won't blow away a land raider, but neither will fiends.

I think dropping a couple plague bearer units on objectives, and using the rest to harass high offensive/low defensive units while the monstrous creatures take out important units should work. Haven't managed to play much like this though...so it's up for debate. My experiences with eppi though lead me to a couple wins on someone, and then they would do everything they could to butcher him, then the princes, then the GUO. Or I would deepstrike him off the table...This way, you have five important units, as opposed to four semi important and one vital. If you really want to keep the list an epi list, then I'll stop talking. Just wanted to help you with what I've learned.

One thing I didn't get to try much was putting fateweaver into an epi list, to make the princes all but invincible. First time I ran it though epi got delayed until fifth turn, and fateweaver landed on some guardians and died first turn.

oCoYoRoAoKo
10-08-2009, 08:21
Hey frausty, i see where you are coming from. Taking out eppi for a second GUO would make the army look something like this:

GUO (flies)
GUO (flies)

5 Fiends

10 Plague Bearers (Icon)
10 Plague Bearers (Icon)
10 Plague Bearers
6 Nurgling Bases

Prince (Flies, Breath)
Prince (Flies, Breath)
Prince (Flies, Breath)

Ill admit that it does look alot more scary then the list im running at the moment, and having a second GUO in there will certainly help with tanks and other tough units (and be lighter on my wallet XD)

on the painting front: I should be able to get painting again this week so hopefully ill have some nice new pics up.

Cy.

gonzosbignose
10-08-2009, 10:23
Cy

1) I really like the Fiends...

2) Epidimius, 3 Suicide Princes, Kugath and Plaguebearers... REALLY DOES WORK!!!

Maybe you have been unlucky... when the tally starts to rise, they become SICK!!! Whilst its tough against marine armies with armour saves and toughness... in a tournement scheme, where Orks and Guard are becoming promenant getting the Tally up is easier!

Regards

FraustyTheSnowman
11-08-2009, 00:11
Yep, that's exactly what I ran, until I realized ku'gath was nowhere near worth his points...then realized eppi wasn't worth the hastle. It's taking an already luck based army and making it rely heavily on one single two wound model.

oCoYoRoAoKo...why the nurglings out of curiosity? I love the models, and will paint mine and love them to death, but I don't have any dillusions of them accomplishing much. Looking forward to the painting update.

kormas
11-08-2009, 09:52
yeah, eppi is VERY nasty once things get going, but as far as i know all your oppenent needs to do is kill him off and you loose the benifits, the list is looking MUCH nastier now.

and i personaly realy like fiends, i have subed them in a few games and found that the sheer amount of attacks that they can throw out is a MASSIVE pain for large units of orks and/or guardsmen. i would consider trying both lists and seeinmg what you think.

claudiomarino
11-08-2009, 13:03
Nice log. Subscribed!

oCoYoRoAoKo
11-08-2009, 20:12
Hey all,

Ive actually had time to start painting again so tonights update is the first of my fiends (collectively now known as 'the fly' :P ). Im pretty pleased with how he came out and once i get him based, i think he will fit into the army a bit more.

Cy.

FraustyTheSnowman
11-08-2009, 22:01
Off to a very good start with that.

kormas
13-08-2009, 11:07
very nice, it deffinatly fits the nurgle theme :D

oCoYoRoAoKo
14-08-2009, 08:35
Hey all,

So im testing with yet again another modified version of my list:

GUO (flies)
GUO (flies)

6 Fiends

10 Plague Bearers (Icon)
10 Plague Bearers (Icon)
10 Plague Bearers

Prince (Flies, Breath, Nox Touch)

(leaving me 18 points which ill probably just throw into another plague bearer, or give some upgrades to the GUOs)

This seems far more solid and isnt reliant on eppi turning up like my previous one was. Youll notice ive kept the Breath on the princes and not swapped it out for Ironhide (a fav of most nurgle players). They did get Nox Touch though to make up for not having eppi around. I have also dropped the nurglings. Frausty got me thinking, and its true that outside an eppi list nurglings really arent that good (especially in the lower numbers i had them in). Overall though, i feel that the list is better then before, with lots of MCs and fiends to do the damage and the plague bearers to hold my objectives.

Besides this, ive got a few more fiends done (pics up later on tonight) and ive stumbled across an excellent tutorial for doing swamp bases in freebootaz magazine (issue 2) which i plan to emulate.

kormas
15-08-2009, 00:26
yeah the list looks good, but why did you go for the breath over the iron hide?, the breth is only usefull just before you charge into combat, the hide is constantly usefull. T6 is nice but it is still possable that he will take wounds from small arms fire, or things like heavy bolters or assult cannons, the iron hide helps to stop these wounds from damaging yu prince before he gets to cc.

my 2c :D

Kobayashi
15-08-2009, 05:27
The list looks good, but I also agree that Iron Hide would be more efficient than breath.

The army itself is looking good, I've always had a soft spot for Nurgle Daemons, and can't wait to see how your list does!

oCoYoRoAoKo
16-08-2009, 20:52
WOO! a real update!

hey all,

ive got some new pics up. 2 of them are more of my fiends. one of my WIP second GUO, and the other of my basing scheme (it also means that i have one completely finished model XD ).

I also have a shortish bat-rep for you :D

1500pts, Daemons vs Black Templars

I used:
GUO (flies) -Wave2
GUO (flies) -Wave1

6 Fiends (Strength) -Wave2

10 Plague Bearers (Icon) -Wave1
10 Plague Bearers (Icon) -Wave2
11 Plague Bearers -Wave2

Prince (Flies, Iron Hide, Nox Touch) -Wave2
Prince (Flies, Iron Hide, Nox Touch) -Wave1
Prince (Flies, Iron Hide, Nox Touch) -Wave1

My opponent had (to the best of my memory):
The Templar High marshal character+retinue in a Rhyno
Emp Champ (with preferred enemy)

Squad of Veterans (lots of PWs)
2 10-man Crusader Squads with flamers and Power Fists
Small 6 man unit with Plasma canon and Plasma Gun

The game was 2 Capture points, Table Quarters. We were using the realms of battle board, with the shrine of skulls on the big hill and buildings evenly spread throughout the rest of the table.

Turn1:

My opponent had the first turn, and with his objective in the middle ofhis deployment zone, he put the High marshalls rhyno as far foreward as possible, and surrounded the objective with the rest of his army, with the plasma unit in a building to his left, and one of the Templar squads in a building to his right. The gods decided that my wave 2 would come down first and with some pretty wild scatters i had the GUO, Plague bearers, and DP out in the open near the crusader squad on the right, the fiends in the quarter next to mine (also out in the open ;_; ), and the last unit of bearers way out in the quarter opposite the fiends.

Turn2:

The fiends lost one of their number to plasma fire in the shooting plase. The two of the Crusader squads shot at and charged my GUO (the one in the building included), killing him (cursed power weapons), The high marshal disembarked and his unit charged my bearers next to that, killing them outright, and the vets ran into the daemon prince, taking two wounds off and loosing 2 in the process. Not a good start...

I was gifted with my other greater daemon and one of my Princes. These both deloyed on the left next to the plasma squad, shielded by the building they were in. The fiends made their way up the table towards my opponents deployment zone, and the prince died to the remainder of the vets in an impressive flurry of dice.

Turn3:

The high marshal boarded his rhyno and sped to the stranded unit of plague bearers, the fiends lost another of their number to plasma fire, and my wounded prince killed by a crusader squad, whilst the other ran towards his objective ready to hold it for later turns.

In return, my other prince hit the ground, joining my GUO. I charged the plasma squad with the prince from last turn (killing 3), and the GUO ran towards the objective (being held by the vets, and the second large squad). The fiends charged the vets, killing 4 and the fiends lost another in return, and the Plague bearers charged the rhyno, doing nothing.

Turn4:

The high marshal disembarked, charging the plague bearers, with the crusader squad in persuit (not managing to kill them this time but reducing them to 4 men). The DP killed the rest of the plasma marines, and the second crusader squad charged in with the fiends, killing the rest of them, but loosing the last of the vets in the process.

The last unit of bearers came in on my objective (only hit of the game). The Prince from the plasma squad jumped off the building and ran towards the large crusader squad that killed the fiends which the GUO then charged, killing4 and taking a wound in return. The last DP ren towards the templar objective, and the High marshal killed the last of the bearers.

Turn5:

The high marshall re-embarked and sped towards my objective whilst my masses of MCs ran rampant through his table quarter, killing the crusader squad, and ending on the objective, flanked by his 2 Princes. We rolled the dice for turn 6 but none came, ending the game in a win for the Daemons :D

So what have i learned?

1. Nurgle doesnt like power weapons one bit :(
2. Watch out for high powered characters that have the ability to churn through units in one round of combat. Usually they would have had some MC support but wild scatters stopped this.
3. DPs and GUOs with Nox Touch are beasts in CC. They have the ability to take on leven large units and come out on top, whilst suffering minimal wounds in return.

Cy.

kormas
17-08-2009, 09:53
wow, good report, i have to agree that DPs are very nasty. the scatter dice obviously wasnt realy liking you in this game but you did very well to come back and win the game. like that, the fiends are also looking very nice, keepup the good work :D

oCoYoRoAoKo
19-08-2009, 19:10
Hey all, a few more pics up, this time of my second GUO (or little rot as i have come to know him). All thats left of the army is the 3 remaining fiends and the 30 zombies + basing so it looks like im on track to finish by mid september or so.

Cy.

tk7
19-08-2009, 19:16
Great stuff so far, the colour scheme really does look pretty grim. A shot of all the stuff you have completed so far would be nice.

oCoYoRoAoKo
19-08-2009, 19:42
Great stuff so far, the colour scheme really does look pretty grim. A shot of all the stuff you have completed so far would be nice.

Thanks for the praise TK7. Here are some finished shots for you. not sure why they came out so bright though :P

eltanko
19-08-2009, 19:45
Love that group shot, hmmm I wonder how the Commissar will fare!!!
Its a nice army you have going here, all the models are very big sizewise, a very intimidating sight on the battlefield no doubt.

ElTanko

Kobayashi
20-08-2009, 04:34
The army looks great so far! Just keep it up!
I bought the first models for my own Nurgle Tally list, so I hope you update more! lol

kormas
20-08-2009, 09:01
looking realy realy nice, deffinatly keep it up :D.

personaly i am looking ford to seeing the plague bearers

SteelTitan
21-08-2009, 11:10
Looking good! But i'm surprised by how SMALL the great unclean one is. Looks even shorter than a regular nurgle daemon prince!!! Doesnt look much taller than 3,5 inch/ 7 centimeters...am i right in my estimate?

If so, the GREAT unclean one needs a new model...a greater daemon that is smaller than a daemon prince and :-O than a plague ogryn wtf?

tk7
21-08-2009, 13:58
Ahh, nice one! The pics are great, that Commisar is in abit of bother (he looks pretty calm though..).

The barrels on the Daemon Prince are pretty cool, I like the effect. The spawns are horrible too.

Ereinion
19-10-2009, 13:01
looked at a few pics, looks really cool.
Will have a proper look through again when i get a chance and leave a better comment

Bladelord
19-10-2009, 17:01
My gods, how disgusting!

That's how it should be. :)

Nocturn
20-10-2009, 22:21
Hey oCoYoRoAoKo,

I really like your take on the spawns :-)
The little wings on their backs and their heads are especially great :-)

Keep it up,

Noc

AtmanAbecedarian
20-10-2009, 22:38
You've got an excellent style of painting nurgly things. You did the FW minis justice for sure!

Ereinion
22-10-2009, 20:12
Hey,
Liking the stuff done so far, i am just startng the painting of my nurgle army which i am doing for a tale of gamers at my local store, will have to get mine in a blog asap.
As far as your list, its similar to mine, although i have maxed out my princes, and at 1500 i only take 2.
GUO and epi, 2 x 14 PB's both with icons, 7 PB's, 7 nurglings and 2 princes (245pts each)
I have played a few games, the princes set up like this rack the points up really quick.
Having the wings really helps, as you mentioned, nurgle is slow.

oCoYoRoAoKo
05-08-2010, 20:18
Hey All,

GT season has rolled around again and i have decided to resurrect The Rot. I have given it a few tweaks this time round after my experiances in the last GT and because of this, there is some more painting to get done.

So on to the list:

Rot 2, The Rot Returns:

Cloud of Flies

Cloud of Flies

7 Blood Crushers: 320
Icon, Instrument, Fury of Khorne

6 Plaguebearers: 115
Icon

So the new list is largely the same as the old one. The plaguebearers have split into smaller units, and the fiends have turned into bloodcrushers. I dont have much experiance using bloodcrushers so i am interested to see what they can offer over the fiends.

Wave1 will be the crushers, princes and one unit of plague bearers (the icon one), and wave 2 will the the GUOs, and rest of the bearers.

Ill finally get some pics of the plague guard up, and with the release of the bloodcrushers ill be picking up a couple of boxes on Saturday. The metal will be as per the existing metal on the GUOs and Princes. Not sure about the riders yet :)

Cy.

kormas
08-08-2010, 03:58
hooray for the resurection of this log :). looking forward to seeing what you produce this time :D

oCoYoRoAoKo
17-08-2010, 17:51
So finally i have some new pictures. These are of the first of my Bloodcrushers. They are all to be magnetised so i can use them in fantasy also but for now this one is just about done (i think he still needs a little gloss on the tongue and the sword)

edit: I have since added some more definition on the bloodletter, and applied the varnish. Its looking much better :) Oh and also, the water efect isnt quite dry on the base, hence the white patches

Cy.

oCoYoRoAoKo
17-10-2010, 20:57
So the WH Fantasy GT diverted alot of my attention recently. Now though i am back on track for 40k.

Just a couple of Pics (apologies for the low quality, Ill get some better pics up soon); One is a shot of the Zombies, and te other of one of my bloodcrusher icons. Due to fantasy also using my bloodcrushers, it means that i only have 2 more of them to paint + the basing for the unit.

BTW, the Zombies im not happy with. They were rushed last year so hopefully, if i get the time i would like to re-do them.

Cy.

edit; Off topic, but a couple of pics on what has been distracting me from my daemonic exploits.