PDA

View Full Version : Big 'Uns Question

Brothersir
24-07-2009, 02:23
I've only just recently returned to WHFB and it appears as if Big 'Uns have changed a little. It says that one unit in the army may be upgraded, but is it still necessary to field another Orc unit of equal size to take the Big 'Uns?

I'm pretty certain this limitation (as I find it nowhere in the new book) has been lifted but I want to get a final word on it before I make any decisions.

rtunian
24-07-2009, 07:01
that's not still in there

T10
24-07-2009, 11:04
Indeed. Also, a number of Orc units in the book now have the option to upgrade to Big 'Unz in their individual unit entries, so you are no longer limited to a single unit of Big 'Unz.

Also notice that upgrading to Big 'Unz does not automaticallly give you the option to take a magical banner: check the individual unit entries.

-T10

rtunian
24-07-2009, 14:41
sounds like tv...
"check local listings for availability" :)

Milgram
24-07-2009, 16:28
it's not allowed to post rules in the forum.

I bet T10 thinks of Brothersir as a AB-user. ;)

Da GoBBo
24-07-2009, 18:33
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????

Read any thread in (and out) the rulesforum and you will find it is loaded with posted rules.

Milgram
25-07-2009, 05:55
sarcasm? (more than one smiley in a two-liner looks stupid)

Brothersir
25-07-2009, 08:47
Also, a number of Orc units in the book now have the option to upgrade to Big 'Unz in their individual unit entries, so you are no longer limited to a single unit of Big 'Unz.

I don't know about that, each entry says "one unit in the army may be upgraded" as opposed to "one unit of X may be upgraded."

I would interpret that as being limited to a single unit of Big 'Uns

Da GoBBo
25-07-2009, 11:33
Ah, but it says so in a unit entry. It is not a general rule anymore.

Yeh I did go heavy on the question mark. I was looking for the big mark button, but couldn't find one.

rtunian
25-07-2009, 15:47
brothersir, we debated the hell out of this already.
search the rules forum, or take my word for it.

one unit of each type can be biguns: orc boyz, savage orc boyz, boar boyz, savage boar boyz. if you have gorbad, then any number of each type.

the reason is that each unit entry has the rule "one unit may be upgraded to biguns". it has a biguns entry by each of the four listed above. if it were an army wide rule, it would be with the other army-wide rules... waaagh!, size matters, animosity

Urgat
25-07-2009, 16:32
I don't know about that, each entry says "one unit in the army may be upgraded" as opposed to "one unit of X may be upgraded."

I would interpret that as being limited to a single unit of Big 'Uns

So, do you read that one goblin out of the whole army can be upgraded as, say a musician? It's a unit option, listed in that particular unit's options.

Braad
25-07-2009, 18:37
The goblin entry does not include "... in the army". But I agree with rtunian, this has been discussed in some very, very lengthy threads, and the general agreement is on what he says. I don't believe there are any other cases in the game where something in a single unit entry talks about something greater then that single entry, and that is the main problem.

If you think different, go with that interpretation, that's just fine. Do remember the current O&G is not the best when it comes to this kind of rules-writing stuff and there are plenty more of these kind of cases, or just plain errors. No discussions can be won or lost here anymore.

Brothersir
25-07-2009, 20:16
First off, if its been debated the hell out of I'm fine letting it drop haha. I'll take your word for it.

So, do you read that one goblin out of the whole army can be upgraded as, say a musician? It's a unit option, listed in that particular unit's options.

As to this, no, I wouldn't. It also doesn't say "One goblin in the army may be upgraded to musician" so I don't see how this would apply to the discussion at all.

Arnizipal
26-07-2009, 00:35
Examples of such discussions can be found

here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163678)

here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92874)

and

here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129803)