PDA

View Full Version : How do impact hits work? (Chariot)

the_night_reaper
06-01-2006, 17:10
After you roll the d6 and get +1 hits for scythes, do you have to roll to hit with that many attacks? or just to wound? or do they automatically inflict the wounds and the enemy has to take a save?

Atrahasis
06-01-2006, 17:12
After you roll the d6 and get +1 hits for scythes, do you have to roll to hit with that many attacks? or just to wound? or do they automatically inflict the wounds and the enemy has to take a save?

The dice roll (+1 if scythed) represents the number of hits inflicted.

You then roll to wound using the strength of the chariot.

Festus
06-01-2006, 17:13
Hi

Those are impact *HITS*.

You hit 1D6(+1) times and you have to wound then.

The hits will always hit rank and file troopers. Or the ridden monster. Never the character if he is not alone.

Greetings
Festus

Makaber
06-01-2006, 18:00
That said, nailing a careless character with a chariot is intensely satisfying.

Griefbringer
06-01-2006, 23:18
Yep, impact hits are _hits_ not attacks or wounds. So you score that many hits automatically (no need to roll to hit), after which you proceed normally for hits (roll to wound, armour saves etc.).

Fah
07-01-2006, 00:04
hey this is my first post (though I've scoped out both warseer and portent way back in the day), and hopefully will be considered on topic. Since impact hits are just *hits*, not attacks or etc, does that mean they can be used to attempt to kill a night goblin fanatic?

Flypaper
07-01-2006, 00:38
That said, nailing a careless character with a chariot is intensely satisfying.
Tell me about it. Lousy M9 Tiranoc Chariots... :cries:

archonbrujah
07-01-2006, 01:30
hey this is my first post (though I've scoped out both warseer and portent way back in the day), and hopefully will be considered on topic. Since impact hits are just *hits*, not attacks or etc, does that mean they can be used to attempt to kill a night goblin fanatic?

Nope, in order to have impact hits, you'd have to be able to charge the fanatic. You can't charge a fanatic as per their rules, you can charge through them, which woudn't generate impact hits, you'd just take the hits from the fanatic.

Good question though, and welcome to Warseer!

Archonbrujah