PDA

View Full Version : 2250 WE Double Treeman and Anti-Knight

hoya4life3381
24-07-2009, 02:32
I've been trying to think of ways to get 2 Treeman/Treeman Ancient in a list (take up both rares) yet have a reliable way of killing knights. Waywatchers have less then 16% chance of killing them and that doesn't seem like something to rely on. Then I thought of trying to a Highborn kitted for it and 2 Treeman in my rare slots.

Alter Highborn w/Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, Amarantine Brooch, Light Armor, Shield, and Great weapon - 287
Noble BSB with Asyendi's Bane and Hail of Doom Arrow - 130
Lvl 1 Branchwraith with Cluster of Radiants - 140
Lvl 1 Spellsinger with 2 Scrolls - 140

10 Glade Guard - 120
10 Glade Guard - 120
5 Glade Riders + Musician - 129

8 Dryads - 96
8 Dryads - 96
8 Dryads - 96

7 Wardancers - 126 (BSB joins)
6 Wild Riders + Free Music + Standard + Warbanner - 199

Treeman
Treeman
Total: 2249
5 DD and 2 Scrolls - pretty decent magic defense and the minimum I'd go with)

I wish I could have taken 2 units of Wardancers, but didn't have the pts for it and figured 3rd unit of Dryads would be similar. I hope I have enough to deal with warmachines via shooting them. I think the list has enough anvils (2 Treeman + BSB) and I hope I have enough hammers.

What do you guys think?

leighr3029
24-07-2009, 07:51
Biggest problem I see is your leadership is 8 due to the lord being alter.

iŽd drop him from being an alter lord for that reason. it bumps the treemens leadership to 10 (along with everyone elses) which you canŽt complain about. I know you drop 1 attack for the bow of lorien but it is worth it. IŽd also give him the helm of the hunt.

with that he can go in the wardancers which makes that a really solid unit

3 S4 from BSB, 5S6 from general plus up to 21S4 from the wardancers.

It does make them a big target however so sitting back in the archer units for a couple of turns could be an option depending on how you want to play