PDA

View Full Version : Female Farseer, almost

angelspast
09-05-2005, 01:49
Allright I'm tossing this into several forums...

As far as I know there were only 2 female farseers ever made by GW. They were never released public, and there were only a couple hundred of em made (if that).

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/angelspast/farseer2.bmp
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/angelspast/farseer1.bmp

Now I recently found someone who claims to have a "3rd" varient. However I've NEVER heard of it, and it looks like a conversion to me. Am I alone in thinking that it's just the first varient with the spear cut off, and eldrads sword tacked in place? Really a shame too... :(

If anyone has heard of a 3rd varient can they come up with any documentation?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/angelspast/modfarseer.bmp

gLOBS
09-05-2005, 02:10
I would say you are right on the conversion as the sword is Eldrads.

Delicious Soy
09-05-2005, 07:31
Ye p conversion with Eldrads witchblade I'm afraid. Is the seer that its based off suppossed to be Arienal or whatever her name is?

Drabant
09-05-2005, 11:35
JPEG is your friend. :p

TheSonOfAbbadon
10-05-2005, 22:31
Why are there no female farseers? That's just sexist!

Why can't GW make an army with women that keep their dignity and don't wear next to nothing and are in positions of authority in the army [like a farseer]?

Black DH templ.
10-05-2005, 22:40
Why are there no female farseers? That's just sexist!

Why can't GW make an army with women that keep their dignity and don't wear next to nothing and are in positions of authority in the army [like a farseer]?

Uhm, how about SOB, and the female eldar guardians and banshees? SOBs have female leaders, and Eldar has some disguised females.

athamas
11-05-2005, 00:41
if you think that the eldar form is very lithe then there is not all that much difference between male and femal bodies....

Im sure they can hide their curves beneath all that wraithbone!

angelspast
11-05-2005, 03:01
Bah, he refused to strip the model, confirms my doubt.

TomKamakazi
11-05-2005, 03:01
Some of the Eldar warlocks (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060104024&orignav=10) look reasonably feminine, the bottom one on that page especialy.

TheSonOfAbbadon
11-05-2005, 17:53
Ok, so Eldar are an ecception.

Not SOB though, Sister Repentia?

Wez
11-05-2005, 18:15

Why can't GW make an army of only black guys?

Why can't GW make an army of only asian guys?

Logical conclusion: GW are racist.

Why isn't there a Jewish GW army?

Cos GW are anti-Semitic.

Why isn't there an army made out of whales?

Cos GW hates the whales and wants to kill them all. Especially those endangered ones.

Why hasn't GW made a plant army?

Cos GW wants to burn down the rainforest and cause the mass-extinction of tropical species.

Don't even get me started on why they haven't done a parrot army. That's just ********** sick. :mad:

Also, let’s just ignore the decently clothed banshees, female guardians, female DE warriors, 90% of the SOB army (obviously, we gotta point out the one skimpily clad unit though) and all those other "exceptions". I'm sure that they're just slip-ups by GW's marketing team.

-Wez

lord_blackfang
16-05-2005, 17:21
I always wanted a parrot army :(

TheSonOfAbbadon
16-05-2005, 21:04
Why can't GW make an army of only black guys?

Why can't GW make an army of only asian guys?

They have, but YOU have to paint them to be black or asian. Salamander marines are black, but they usually wear their armour. There must be billions of black or asian IG.

Forgotmytea
16-05-2005, 21:43
I always wanted a parrot army :(

I suppose you could get the raven off the nurgle lord's signpost and paint it multi-coloured... :p

Wez
16-05-2005, 22:07
They have, but YOU have to paint them to be black or asian. Salamander marines are black, but they usually wear their armour. There must be billions of black or asian IG.

IG are female as well, you just have to sculpt breast onto them.:p

This has to be one of the stupidest conversations I've ever participated in.;)

-Wez

Frodo34x
17-05-2005, 08:40
IG are female as well, you just have to sculpt breast onto them.:p

This has to be one of the stupidest conversations I've ever participated in.;)

-WezAnd it's quite easy - cut a BB gun pellet in half...

Brush your teeth
17-05-2005, 09:08
how do you tell if a farseer is female the current one has a helmet. the other give aways could just be small :p

Rövhalt
17-05-2005, 09:24
Why hasn't GW made a plant army?

They have made one, Wood Elves. But then again, they're more like birch oak and other tempered zoneplants... Oh my god, I think you have stumbled upon a worldwide conspiracy. GW is in league with the US government, the al Quadia,UNESCO and the Netherlands. Together they will destroy the world by taking out the rainforest, which is infact a biomechanical construct made by the Old ones to block out the radioation from the Immaterium and re-runs of sex and the City. Those Bastards!

athamas
18-05-2005, 22:16
This is such a silly convosation, you cant argue about GW policy on the colour of skin, or the sex of ppl,

As noted several times before, if you want an all girl army, sculpt it!

as Brush your teeth said, its kinda hard to tell!
i said it also several posts ago...

if you take your average human female, wrap her in several pounds of all covering armour, there is hardly any difference between her and your average guy wraped in that amount of armour!

angelspast
18-05-2005, 22:29
*sigh*

Why can't I lock my own threads anymore...

athamas
18-05-2005, 23:54
lol, ask one of the mods.. they will more than likely ablige!

TomKamakazi
19-05-2005, 08:54
If you're keen on a girl based IG squad I'd recomend Shadow Forge (http://www.shadowforge.com.au/index.html) miniatures.

More specificaly, These ones (http://www.shadowforge.com.au/sci-fi/index.html)