PDA

View Full Version : Skaven weapon teams F.A.Q. confusion.

Kill_Kroozer
24-07-2009, 16:43
Ok I was under the impression that weapon teams no longer received ranged protection in this edition but then I stumble upon this in the official GW F.A.Q.

What does this mean? The page reference refers to the description for jezzails, and they don't even care about the rule. Help! Thanks

Q.. Does the Cavalry Base special rule mean that
weapons teams can be targeted by shooting even when
within 5" of a unit because they are on a larger base?
A. No. It says on page 26 “…they cannot be singled out
as targets by enemy shooters because they are the same
size as the other Skaven around them.”

nosferatu1001
24-07-2009, 16:47
It means you cannot pick them out due to their different size, as long as they stay within 3".

It however says nothing about 7th ed letting you pick out units regardless of their proximity to other units.

Shoot at the teams all you like - their only proitection is if you cannot trace LOS to them.

PeG
24-07-2009, 23:07
Old army book and old FAQ. The current agreement seem to be that weapon teams can be picked out since the FAQ does not adress the specific question from going to 7th ed. This will be handled somehow in November with the new book. The current rumour is that weapon teams will be unit upgrades and stay hidden within the unit until the owning player decides to use them. If this is correct it will provide protection until they are used and after that they can be targeted.

Condottiere
25-07-2009, 03:37
Sounds like a variant of the assassin and fanatics.

How would that work on S&S - I assume the owning player will declare them and shoot?