PDA

View Full Version : Leafhalls of the Dancer King

the gribbly
26-07-2009, 01:18
So Im gearing up for a few games tomorrow vs vamps and was wondering what everyone thought of the list I plan on using. I have one "friendly" game and one competative game (for which I will use a far more competative list than this). On to the list:

The Dancer King (HB), gw, AoN, rhymers harp

The leafbearer (noble), bsb, sword of might, amber pendant

The hunter (alter), gw, la, sh, HoTH, spear of twilight

windrider noble, eagle, la, sh, spear, HoDA

20 eternal guard, full command, warbanner (hb+bsb)

10 glade guard
10 glade guard

5 glade riders, musician
5 glade riders, musician

7 wardancers
7 wardancers
7 wardancers
7 wardancers

5 waywatchers
5 waywatchers

total- 2249

I know I have no magic defense but I enjoy the challenge a no magic army brings. Also this is meant to be a wardancer and killing blow themed list relying on swords and arrows over "trickery". Tactics involve EG in the center supported by the dancers with active character hunting.

One option I was considering is to drop the eagle rider along with 2 EG to fit in 2 x 8 dryads. Would add much needed magical attacks but seems against the theme so I hate to do it. Any ideas for reasons I would include the dryads? All comments are appreciated. -grib

the gribbly
26-07-2009, 17:40
So here is the alternate list I will probably end up playing just for the extra variety (dryads are the kings handmaidens...idk) Anyway, if there is any interest I will attempt a battle report when its done. On to the list:

The Dancer King
GW, AoN, rhymers harp

The Leafbearer
BsB, wildfire blades, amber pendant

The Kings messenger
Great eagle, la, sh, spear, HoDA

The Kings Hand
Alter, la, sh, HoTH, spear of twilight

20 eternal guard, std, champ, warbanner (hb+bsb)

8 dryads
8 dryads

10 glade guard
10 glade guard

5 glade riders, musician

7 wardancers
7 wardancers
7 wardancers
7 wardancers

6 waywatchers

Great eagle

total- 2249

innerwolf
27-07-2009, 08:13
I like the second one. I used a similar EG unit with the same Lord. Only problem I had? Psychology. If you are playing against VC, your Stubborn won't count for much when some skelletons win by one and outnumber you. I lost the unit 2 times in a row on a tournament because of that.
I would try to squeeze the Gwyterc's Horn somewhere for one turn of ItP.
Apart from this, they are a funny and not-so -used unit, and I give you props for using it!

Good luck!