PDA

View Full Version : Impact Hit Flow Chart

Shas'O Vash
26-07-2009, 17:02
I like playing with chariots in my armies and have been annoyed at how convoluted impact hits have become. Consider having a five model wide Tomb Kings chariot unit multi-charge two Empire infantry blocks and simultaneously get flank charged by State Troop attachments and you can imagine what I mean. With the FAQ part 2 out there now, the impact hit situation is just ridiculously humorous.

The BRB has a paragraph on Pursuit Charges that can pretty much be used to fill in all gray areas on any charge situation in which any model, or unit of models, can find themselves. However, the Empire FAQ and the part 2 FAQ both introduce new ways to handle impact hits that diverge from the BRB, as well as each other. I had a post (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99525) a year or so ago, before the Empire FAQ came out, about how to resolve Steam Tank impact hits from grinding when multiple units were in base on multiple facings. The Empire players didnít care much for me trying to shoehorn grinding attacks into pursuit charge rules, but that is neither here nor there.

Add into the mix the fact that most players either donít know about, or donít bother to read, the FAQís, and many arguments can ensue in what would otherwise be friendly games. (Although Iím also assuming that most players who will read this post are more than aware of all the GW FAQís.) To alleviate any confusion, and because I was bored last Friday afternoon, I came up with the following flow chart. Iím sure some people will argue with portions of it, but these interpretations are based on pure RAW.

I have definitions and references for everything at the bottom of the flow chart. One other thing to note: A Steam Tank using steam points to move and charge is performing a normal charge, not a grind attack.

Urgat
26-07-2009, 19:49
Nice chart :) I think I'm going to print that, actually.