Bolt Thrower, Engineer, Rune of Reloading, Rune of Flame Seeking – 75 points

12 Hammerers – 186 points
Shields, Full Command

12 Hammerers – 186 points
Shields, Full Command

Rare – Organ Gun (AKA Goblinhewer) – 120 points

timtimmy
07-01-2006, 06:25
Well first the points for your standard bearer are off as he costs points to make into a battle standard, your organ gun is off on points too i believe(don't have the army book right here :) ), as for the army i'd tone down those bolt throwers man, you could almost take 5 for the 2 that your are taking, i think that would be way more worth it w/ or w/out engineers. Maybe turn one gw unit into a crossbow unit that can rank up if it has too and that would give you more shooting. just some quick thoughts

Tulun
07-01-2006, 07:07
You are right, I misread the entry, he indeed does cost a few more points to carry the banner.

My Organ gun is correct.

I think the Bolt Throwers could be toned down a bit for sure, probably drop the 2 runes of penetration. Engineers are DEFINATELY worth it, they are ultra cheap, and add +1 BS . Well worth it I think.

Crossbow is a possibility. I'm actually thinking more a long the lines of more basic units (the basic dwarf with shield for 9 points seems to be REALLY good), and using Hammers / maybe 1 longbeard for Great Weapon users (Longbeard for panic tests).

doglogan
07-01-2006, 07:50
You aren't useing the same combinations of runes on both bolt throwers are you? No items can have the same combo, it's the 3rd rune rule (rule of pride).

Tulun
07-01-2006, 08:04
Right ;) Doh. Well, one will only keep the anti-flying thing, then. Both get re-loading.

oma
07-01-2006, 09:20
you could just add rune of fire (or something) to keep them diferent, and that one onely cost 5 points..

Festus
07-01-2006, 09:52
Hi

Hero Thane 159 points

Great Weapon, Hand Weapon, Gromril Armour, Master rune of Gromril, Master rune of Spite, Oathstone

Two Master Runes on the Armour?

Wonders
Festus

Reinnon
07-01-2006, 16:09
Hi

Wonders
Festus

spite isn't an armour rune

Tulun
07-01-2006, 22:42
Hi

Wonders
Festus

Incorrect. Master Rune of Spite is a Talisman rune, not an armor :) I got that right, no 2 Masters on any piece.