PDA

View Full Version : all mounted woc army

grownassman
27-07-2009, 06:35
1 chaos lord with juggernaut/mok/ additional hand weapon/ chaos rune sword / favor of the gods/ collar of khorne 362

1 exalted champion with mok/shield/barded chaos steed/ axe of khorne 191

1 chaos sorceror lvl 2 with /conjoined homunculus/ barded chaos steed/ rod of torment 201

10 warhounds of chaos 60
10 warhounds of chaos 60
8 warhounds of chaos 48

7 marauder horsemen with javalins 98

chariot with mark of khorne 150

10 marauder horsemen with light armor/shields/spears/mok/standard/champion 214

6 chosen knights with banner of rage/standard 315

This is my first list with the new woc army book and im lookin for any comments on whether i could make the list any more effective while still keeping everything around 7-8 movement.

lcfr
27-07-2009, 06:54
1 chaos lord with juggernaut/mok/ additional hand weapon/ chaos rune sword / favor of the gods/ collar of khorne 362

1 exalted champion with mok/shield/barded chaos steed/ axe of khorne 191

1 chaos sorceror lvl 2 with /conjoined homunculus/ barded chaos steed/ rod of torment 201

Stick to a level 1 scroll caddy. 4PD plus one bound spell won't be very effective at 2k. As far as characters go, you might consider putting someone on a disc of tzeentch so you can warmachine/mage hunt.

For your lord, an additional hand weapon is wasted points since he is already equipped with a chaos rune sword; additional hand weapons only function in conjunction with mundane hand weapons, not magic weapons.

10 warhounds of chaos 60
10 warhounds of chaos 60
8 warhounds of chaos 48

Hounds are good for baiting and screening, so generally we can make use of them in smaller sizes than 10. 28 hounds seems a little over the top, as well. Basically, don't expect your hounds to actually do any real fighting.

You don't really need more than 5 or 6 horsemen, but it's your call. If you want to give them ranged weapons, go with throwing axes.

10 is way too many. A unit of 5 or 6 with flails and MoK should do the trick. Don't bother with the light armour and shields, since keeping the Fast Cavalry rule is the whole point to marauder horsemen. That, and it's hard to ensure the survival of a small unit of T3 troops, even with a 4+ AS.

6 chosen knights with banner of rage/standard 315

You need another unit of knights or dragon ogres or something that can chew through a fully ranked unit! Right now your list is soft on the hitting power and fragile on account of the buckets of marauder horsemen. Cut out some horsemen and use the shaved points on more knights or drogres.

grownassman
27-07-2009, 07:12
The reason I have such large unit sizes on the warhounds is because I expect them to screen my army and dont want them getting wiped too soon. I may tinker with the squad sizes and go for msu though.

also the reason im taking javalins is that my main opponent plays night goblins with fanatics so with javalins i can comfortably sit 8 inches away and shoot at his squads without worrying too much about fanatics.

Bauknefer
27-07-2009, 07:28
dont fanatics come out at 8 inch range? so it wouldnt matter if you were 8 or 6

Unuhexium
27-07-2009, 08:06
dont fanatics come out at 8 inch range? so it wouldnt matter if you were 8 or 6

Yes, fanatics jump out at as soon as anything comes within 8". This could probably be solved by having a group of hounds move close to the gobbos and have the marauder horsemen a few inches behind the dogs.

On that topic, take away 3 dogs and run 5 units of 5 each. it's much more flexible and can accomplish the same result.

Get rid of the champions in your groups and give them all a musician instead. The champions are too expensive for one extra attack. Mucisian on the other hand is an almost mandatory upgrade. 6 pts to ensure that you win ties in combat and +1 to rallychecks is a great deal. Using horsemen as RnF troops with light armor, shield and standard is unconventional, but seems like a fun experiment. I can deffinitly see it work against goblins if you manage to get rid of the fanatics.

Your knights need a mucisian aswell.

bork da basher
27-07-2009, 08:27
warhounds - 5 strong no bigger, anymore is a waste. you only need 4-5 units maximum. drop some doggies.

horsemen - 6 max really but 5 will do and throwing axes are best if you want firepower, flails if you want combat.

chariot - fine

heavy duty horsemen - never tried the build but could work quite well although ASF or round two of combat will see you pulverised in most cases if you don't strike first. be wary of who you charge and you should do well.

6 knights - great unit and you could really do with two of these. i use 3 units and find it just about enough to take on enemy elite units.

charecter wise your proberly better off with 2 exalteds rather than a lord. i liked to give one BSB and benner of the gods so he causes terror and the other the filth mace so he causes terror after making a kill.....twin terror bombing jugger exalteds in chaos knight units = win. but that asaide a exalted is much better value for points and is generally hard enough to go toe to toe with anyone out there of his points level.