PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some advice on further toning down my Daemons

Briohmar
27-07-2009, 09:34
For those who know me (or of me, or have read my Batreps,) I play Daemons as my primary army. Before you all start calling me a Cheese monkey, etc, I ask your understanding. I was in Afghanistan when the army book was released, and my wife sent me the book. I had 6 months to read through it, and imagine what my army would be like, and construct it in my head, both as far as list and models.

What I came up with was the specific desire to build a themed "counts as" Daemon list that would appear in all respects as a unified Slaanesh army. Every model would would be female, and all but the Daemonettes (mounted and on foot) would be converted from something else, and painted to match the scheme.

I am now capable of fielding a 3,999 point all female, nearly all converted army, that is painted well enough to have received two painting awards at tournaments to date.

OK, now for the important part, at present, I am only using a 2-god list, with only 3 spell casters, and no Greater Daemon (or DP.) I have recently received in a trade 5 new mounted 'Nettes, and want to incorporate them, but am concerned that if I throw in another 20" movement unit with the Banner of "can't stand and shoot," even with the toned down (muted even) list I currently employ. Below, I have posted my current list, and the changes I would make are very simple: I would drop the 4 Flamers and 1 Fury from the 7 strong unit. What would be your (collectively) oppinion of the list at this change?

Herald of Slaanesh, Lvl 1, Etherblade

Herald of Slaanesh, Etherblade, BSB, Icon of Despair, Steed of Slaanesh

Herald of Slaanesh, Siren Song, Alure of Slaanesh

Herald of Tzeentch, Spell Breaker

14 Daemonettes of Slaanesh, Aluress, Banner of Ecstacy

14 Caemonettes, Aluress, Banner of Ecstacy

19 Horrors, Icon of Sorcery

6 Furies

7 Furies

5 Seekers of Slaanesh, Siren Standard

4 Flamers

2 Fiends

EndlessBug
27-07-2009, 10:13
It's a good list, not cheesy at all really. I'd say 4 flamers is acceptable. I'd stick with the flamers for a bit of variety. But changing them to seekers wouldn't damage the list too much.

Good list either way, not cheesy at all.

Gaargod
27-07-2009, 11:00
Just checking - all the daemon units with an icon do have a standard to carry it yes?
I know it seems a bit odd, but you would not believe how many lists are posted up here without...

Anyways. The list is still strong (but not too bad at all, certainly i can't see people refusing to play it) with either incarnation. Personally i think flamers would be a better choice, but i could be wrong.

Briohmar
27-07-2009, 11:24
Just checking - all the daemon units with an icon do have a standard to carry it yes?
I know it seems a bit odd, but you would not believe how many lists are posted up here without...

Yep, I have paid the 12 points for each unit, plus the 25 for each banner.

The Flamers have done very little since I have added them to the list in General, except of course dying for the greater good (evil.) But then, that's all my Furies ever do as well. In most games they average 13 or so shots, usually hitting on 5's and wounding on 3's or 4's. This means on average, my shooting is causing 1-2 unsaved wounds per turn, (on par with other shooting units, but without the ability to mass fires on a single unit.) They cannot however break ranks on a charge, nor do they stand up well in CC (although they did cause 2 wounds to a hydra,) and they can't even claim a table quarter as is. I included them when I dropped the Flesh hounds, but now that I have more Seekers on hand, I can't see where they're going to matter much.

The thing is, though, that the Seekers don't really do that much better by themselves (fighting wise, unless they have a Herald, usually the BSB, around.) They can however, break ranks, flank, or claim quarters, even if they are not as lethal.