PDA

View Full Version : 2k Tournament Liz

Gaargod
27-07-2009, 11:10
So, a couple of months ago i remark to my LGS staff that wouldn't it be cool to do an interstore tournament.
And now, there's an intersotre tournament planned for 27th August. Go figure.

Anyways, i decided i would take non cheesed out lizards. I dunno how the power rating at the other stores are, and i'd prefer not to look like a gimp and turn up with Slann, 2 EotG and a TG deathstar, against very underpowered lists.

Xa-Tli, Saurus Oldblood with light armour, shield, Blade of Realities, Talisman of Protection. Rides a Carnosaur = 461

Kai-Loq, Saurus Scar Veteran with light armour, Enchanted Shield and Piranha Blade. Rides a cold one = 160

Kai-Chug, Saurus Scar Veteran with light armour, shield and the Burning Blade of Chotec. Rides a cold one = 133

Xocibiki-Qua Skink Priest with Level 2, Diadem of Power and Dispel scroll = 150

10 Skink Skirmishers = 70

6 Cold One Riders with a Standard Bearer and War Banner = 255
5 Cold One Riders with a Standard Bearer = 195
5 Cold One Riders with a Standard Bearer = 195
3 Terradons = 90

Salamander = 75
Salamander = 75

Total = 1999

Total PD = 4 (2)
Total DD = 3 (5)

As you may have guessed by this stage, plan more or less revolves around the 4 hitty units (hero in each of the 5 strong COR), with the skinks and terradons attempting to misdirect.

So, any ideas?

Briohmar
27-07-2009, 14:54
I like it. Its not the standard list for lizards. In a tournament environment, though it just might get taken apart. I know with my Daemons I would be finished chewing through the Skinks and Sallies on turn 2, then maneuvering towards multiple charges on the three harder units. And I don't use a nasty Daemon list. I think it will do well against a lot of armies, but I think certain ones will beat you down without working up a sweat.

I understand not wanting to go magic heavy, so the diadem and scroll combo is good, but against the more destructive magic lists, you're going to be in trouble. Unless there's some magic resistance I'm not seeing. Additionally, against say a Dwarf Anvil, you have serious issues if he can bang down you three main units, and keep them out of the fight for 3 turns of shooting. Against a gunline, you lack the speed or numbers to make it to the line intact, but against combat centric forces, and very likely VC, you should do well.