PDA

View Full Version : WoC 2000pts, Competative?

Death Korp
27-07-2009, 16:22
Hello all,

I have a tournament to go to next year with my WoC, I've built loads of un competative lists to go against the guys at my club for fun, but when the tournie comes, I'll have to play competatively!

This is my first attempt at a Tournie list, so be harsh on me to make sure I get it right!

LORDS

*Tzeench Sorcerer Lord: 425pts
-Disc
-Enchanted Shield
-Blood of Tzeench
-Collar of Khorne
-Book of Secrets
-Conjoined Homunclunus

I should really have Ifernal puppet on this guy, but I wanted raw power on this guy so he can have a bit more of a chance of killing things, he'll probably kill himself in some spectacular way :o . With been able to go for 4 spells, I'll probably get Gateway to get rid of Deathstars and the like. If not, Pandamonium and other spells should be fine.

HEROES

*Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeench: 175pts
-Disc of Tzeench
-Talisman of Protection

This guy is to protect the Lord and fly around with him, is there any better ways I can equip him?

*Exalted Hero of Tzeench: 194pts
-BSB
-Disk
-Flail
-Shield
-Fury of the Blood God

This was an obvious choice. The extra combat res I can get from this guy is great. He'll fly against warmachines (if there is any) and kill them. If not, he'll posistion himself for a flank or rear charge.

CORE

*Marauder Horsemen: 96pts
-MoS
-Flails
-Light Armour
-Musician

-MoS
-Flails
-Light Armour
-Musician

-MoS
-Flails
-Light Armour
-Musician

Filling up my Core choices, these are some of the best units you can get. Cheap, hit hard on the charge, these guys are nice. I haven't had much luck with them at the moment, as I have only played against Shooty Dark Elves and Throgg Monster heavy list, so they haven't do that well yet.

*5 Warhounds: 30pts

*5 Warhounds: 30pts

Arrow magnets for my Frenzied units.

SPECIAL

*3 Ogres: 150pts
-MoK
-Great Weapons

Hit hard, big targets to take some of the heat off my other units. These guys will kill everything they touch, if they charge that is. Only problem will be the frenzy, but the hounds should help direct them to the right place.

Now my Deathstar....

*15 Chosen of Slannesh: 400pts
-Full Command
-(Champion with Favor of the Gods)
-Great Weapons
-Banner of Rage

Now, the hounds will help redirect these guys and give them a chance to get into combat. The Great Weapons and Frenzy will make a mess of anything they charge. The 2 Warshrines at the back of them (shown later) will help them get the results I want from the Eye of the Gods roll to make them harder. No Character in here, as if he gets killed in a challange, the combat res will kill me. The Mark of Slannesh will make sure they don't bugger off while moving in to the kill.

RARE

*Warshrine of Tzeench: 150pts

*Warshrine of Tzeench: 150pts

Staying at the back of the Deathstar unit to make them better, I should make them as hard as nails. MoT is there to make sure they live to do their job.

Only thing I see missing from this list is fast hard hitting things like Dragon Ogres and Knights. But, with the Chosen, they are hard and can take alot of Punishment.

Should I not go with the Chosen Deathstar and Warshrine idea, and go with a unit of Knights and a unit of Dragon Ogres? And a Hell cannon too?

Remember, rip the army apart if need, it is a tournie list remember!

Cheers

DK